Big Chop Reveal (Pics Inside)

iri9109

i love it...your wigs are poppin too, but i like your natural hair better...it makes you look more youthful and vibrant...and i like the way you accessorized!

Ms. Martina

Thanks everyone! Y'all know I was in panic mode last week for sure. I think I was thrown off by how to style short hair that has soooo many different textures. That and the fact that my hair was short, super thick, and lovedddddd to frizz out. I've been learning that my hair needs special treatment in each area. Some areas require more product(the tighter curls) and others need less product(the looser curls/waves). I have the kind of hair that is very coarse and wiry....especially the looser areas(go figure). Applying products is like a race against time. I have to rush out the shower and get right to work on it before it starts drying and frizzing lol. The more I touch my hair, the bigger and more frizzy it becomes. I have to continuously spray it with water while I am styling it, or else it gets angry with me. I am glad I figured this out, because please believe my head was looking reallllly bad on day 2. That's why I threw on that beanie...lol.:lachen: It looked like a dry jerri curl with spikes in the top, and then the back was like old fluffy carpet.:nono: Thankfully it is starting to come together ladies...whew.

Ms. Martina

Gorgeous! Congrats on your BC! I might be right behind you ;-) we have the same shape face and you make the short look so cute! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Yay! I was sooooo worried since I have always had a chubby face. I feared I would look like Loretta on Family Guy...lol.

You BC'ed on my b-day. I think it looks great. You were tripping in that other thread.

Happy belated B-day! Thanks!

It is gorgeous!!! btw what nude lipstick are you wearing pls?

Thanks, I think it is L'oreal's "In the Buff."

i love it...your wigs are poppin too, but i like your natural hair better...it makes you look more youthful and vibrant...and i like the way you accessorized!

Thanks! I feel very youthful with my "little hair." Especially if I put it in little pigtails while I condition or something.

it looks nice..but i think it shoulda been done by a professional..the shape looks...a bit choppy
Thanks! I think it probably could have been "evened out" but I was not about to risk it. I've seen too many people go to a salon and end up walking out with 3-4 inches missing. I'm trying to get to long hair again, so I was like um....I'll just cut it myself to ensure only the relaxed ends come off...lol.:lachen:

Misseyl

Martina your skin looks flawless. Beautiful.. And your chop is nice too. I don't remember if you said how much you cut off.

twatombl

Congrats! I love how your wearing your hair with the scarf, so cute! Looking forward to hearing about your progress!

growingbrown

Congrats!!!!!

Your hair is so so so cute! You are an inspiration! Love the video.

Sent from my PG06100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

Solitude

It looks realllly pretty! I've watched just about every video on your channel - off to watch the big chop video!

Congrats!!!

Solitude

@Ms. Martina

What made you finally decide to chop? I was watching one of your vids and you said you hate cutting your hair. I feel the same way and that's why I'm hesitant to go natural...

Also, how does your hubby like it if you don't mind me asking.

Last edited:

Ms. Martina

@Ms. Martina

What made you finally decide to chop? I was watching one of your vids and you said you hate cutting your hair. I feel the same way and that's why I'm hesitant to go natural...

Also, how does your hubby like it if you don't mind me asking.

@Solitude

I think over time I was just more excited about starting my new chapter. Overall, I know my hair will be long again, so in the grand scheme of things, had to tell myself that it was going to be okay. I slowly became okay with cutting it. I think easing into it with the test patches REALLLLY helped me get used to the idea as well. I basically spent months preparing myself for the chop. I would watch big chop videos on YT almost every day lol!:lachen: Seeing all of those women doing their BC was very inspiring. The more I watched, the more I wanted to cut my hair.:lick: I only had two months left in my transition, but I decided to just chop early because I couldn't wait. Plus I wasn't flat ironing my hair anymore, so I wasn't really styling my real hair in anything other than a ponytail. I've never liked ponytails, so this was becoming realllllly annoying for me. I decided cutting it would give me the option to actually wear my hair down in a style again. So with all of that in mind, I knew it was time to chop. I can't wait until it grows out to around the length of @EllePixie hair. I'm hoping to get there in about 6-8 months...we shall see.

As far as my hubby goes, he was totally on board with it. I have been boring him with hair talk since before I started my transition. He knows all of the hair abbreviations and everything since I talk about it soooo much...lol. I even convinced him to start using Aussie moist 3 minute miracle as a DC at least once a week....lol. He's noticed a change in his hair too.:lol: He is awesome though, and actually loves my new hair, and he has done nothing but compliment my haircut. He actually wanted me to chop sooner, but I was like no thanks.:look:

Solitude

@Solitude

I think over time I was just more excited about starting my new chapter. Overall, I know my hair will be long again, so in the grand scheme of things, had to tell myself that it was going to be okay. I slowly became okay with cutting it. I think easing into it with the test patches REALLLLY helped me get used to the idea as well. I basically spent months preparing myself for the chop. I would watch big chop videos on YT almost every day lol!:lachen: Seeing all of those women doing their BC was very inspiring. The more I watched, the more I wanted to cut my hair.:lick: I only had two months left in my transition, but I decided to just chop early because I couldn't wait. Plus I wasn't flat ironing my hair anymore, so I wasn't really styling my real hair in anything other than a ponytail. I've never liked ponytails, so this was becoming realllllly annoying for me. I decided cutting it would give me the option to actually wear my hair down in a style again. So with all of that in mind, I knew it was time to chop. I can't wait until it grows out to around the length of @EllePixie hair. I'm hoping to get there in about 6-8 months...we shall see.

As far as my hubby goes, he was totally on board with it. I have been boring him with hair talk since before I started my transition. He knows all of the hair abbreviations and everything since I talk about it soooo much...lol. I even convinced him to start using Aussie moist 3 minute miracle as a DC at least once a week....lol. He's noticed a change in his hair too.:lol: He is awesome though, and actually loves my new hair, and he has done nothing but compliment my haircut. He actually wanted me to chop sooner, but I was like no thanks.:look:

Thanks for the info! :grin: