Big Chop

CarefreeinChicago

Merry Christmas Hi Ladies,
I found this board in july after i said i would never put perm on my head again ..I Did the BC yesterday my last perm was June 1 after my chop my ends look and feel crazy i don't know what to do can some one suggest any thing.... I am getting braids monday doing the CG method...i tried elasta mango butter but it just sits on my 4b hair pw=healthyhair

Last edited:

jainygirl

:clap: Congratulations on your Big Chop Kinchen :clap:. I would suggest moisture, moisture, moisture. I'm not sure how much length you have or your hair type, but i would just suggest doing a con wash followed up with some evoo and a plastic cap. Rinse the evoo (extra virgin olive oil) pat dry (do not rub your hair just pat and squeeze out water with the towel) then apply some mango butter to seal in moisture (you can use shea or another type of hair butter).

If the olive oil is too heavy for your hair you can use a glycerine spray like Soft and Sheen or Stay soft Fro. These will help to keep your hair soft and moisturized.

Basically keep your hair moisturized and happy and you may not even want to get those braids on monday. I would suggest taking some time to play with your hair before putting it in braids that way you can try out things that can be a part of your routine when you take the braids out -- if you get them. Good luck and please keep us posted on your hair :). -- jainygirl

Last edited:

CarefreeinChicago

Thanks ladies...I put a picture of the front and back don't be scared when you look at the pictures...I am going to wash and deep condition and try the olive oil on the ends and just get it braided on monday....

Sharpened

A fleck on His Sword
Just keep in mind that the condition of your hair now will change as you grow it out. Try cutting your hair wet to see the different textures better.

pookeylou

Congrats chica!!! Defintely agree with the ladies that say water (inside and out) is going to be your best friend and the cheapest medicine.

I have heard many good things about Emu oil for healing skin conditions and growing hair. I am using it myself now and will journal my progress. I have already seen its results on eczema and other skin conditions and recently I burned my hand and put the oil on it right away...not one scar or any burning sensation. I bought it initially to see if it could heal a recently received surgical scar, but when I found it it was good for my hair too...I started using it on my hair line as well. I am still new at using it so check my album from week to week to see if it is working. Then you can decide if it is something you want to invest in for your hair.

Shea butter also has been key to locking the moisture in my natural hair and making it super soft. I cannot sing its praises enough.

I recently bought shealoe butter (shea butter mixed with aloe vera) and thought shea butter could not get better...boy was I wrong. It is lighter than shea butter alone, still gives shine and holds in moisture. But again has healing properties because of the aloe. I use it on my skin also.

I truly wish you the best. Your natural journey can truly be amazing. Look at all the natural hair albums you can find for style suggestions. PM me if you need to know where to look. I think you are going to be amazed at the health of your hair in the coming months.