Bigen Oriental Black is the BOMB!!!

chestnutblonde

I've used my fair share of hair dyes/rinses. My latest hair adventure left me with light brown roots and dark brown ends :ohwell: . I wanted a uniform look, so last Saturday I rinsed my hair w/Adore Black Velvet and my hair did not look like black velvet, more like green velvet :lachen: . Today I went to CVS and purchased Bigen Oriental Black (too bad I only bought one box, b/c I could only do the front half of my head). This dye was so gentle, yet so vibrant. My hair is shiny, jet black, and feels stronger than ever. I would definately recommend this color for anyone looking to dye their hair w/o having severe damage (but make sure to pick up 2 packages b/c 1 may not do your entire head).

TeeKay21

I have been using blue-black rinses and I love them. I bought some Bigen about a month ago, but I am not sure if I will like the blue black. Everyone seems to use the oriental black. I am thinking about mixing the two, but if anyone has used the blue-black Bigen give a lil input please. I will be coloring in the next 2-3 weeks.

Niara

Yes!! I used the Oriental Black after my last relaxer and my hair looks and feels wonderful. The best part is that it's permanent which works for me since I co wash regularly. I may have to say goodbye to my friend Sebastian Colourshines. I love Bigen!

jamiette

I just read the instructions for this stuff on Folica.com. It sounds really messy. But I think I would like to try it. I REALLY want a true jet black/blue black color but I am afraid of the green hair problem so many people encounter with these colors.

HoneyDew

UmSumayyah said:
I love bigen. I use the oriental black as well.

same here! I have been usign it for years and I love it. My mom uses one of the brown shades and she loves it, as well.

Yes, it is permanent, but I do think over time it lightens in some places. I really only have to touch up my roots most times though.

It is safe for relaxed hair.

paradise224

I love it, Oriental Black is the truth!! It makes my hair look so shiny and healthy, and yes it feels good too, it definately softened my curls a tad- i have 2 boxes waiting at home for me as well speak, yes 2- i had to learn the hard way the 1st time when i only bought 1 :lol: -especially since i was going from blond to black and my mom parted it in half vertically, needless to say, i was left with half black and blond hair lol NOT CUTE

Doll

I have been using Bigen Oriental Black for years as well and I've never had a problem with it. I saw the Blue/Black at my local BSS, but have yet to try it.

chestnutblonde

When I went to work today everyone said that my hair looked different today and they liked it, but they just could not pinpoint what it was. This Oriental Black is one of the best things that I've stumbled upon in ages. How often do you guys use it. Since I only did the top half of my head being that I ran out of the dye, when would be safe timeframe for me to reapply????

tenderheaded

It's the best brand I've ever used! I love the fact that you can just cover what needs changing without having to put it all over your head.

***TIP*** If some accidentally gets on your white sink, you can use Mean Green to get it totally out. You can buy this at Dollar General or Wal-Mart for $2.00. I'm clumsy so I know most of the good stain removers:)

MissFallon

tenderheaded said:
It's the best brand I've ever used! I love the fact that you can just cover what needs changing without having to put it all over your head.

***TIP*** If some accidentally gets on your white sink, you can use Mean Green to get it totally out. You can buy this at Dollar General or Wal-Mart or $2.00. I'm clumsy so I know most of the good stain removers:)

I just want to do the last 4-5 inches of my hair, not my roots, do u think I should get one box or two? My hair is black the rest of the way, should I get two boxes and do the whole head?

HoneyDew

jamiette said:
I just read the instructions for this stuff on Folica.com. It sounds really messy. But I think I would like to try it. I REALLY want a true jet black/blue black color but I am afraid of the green hair problem so many people encounter with these colors.

It is not messy at all. If you mix it in a bowl and use a small relaxer/color applicator brush it works great.

meia

when i do bigen, i use those big dishwashers gloves and mix it in a solo cup and apply with my hands- SOOO much easier!...i do tend to apply a few more "bigen measuring cups" of water to stretch my hair...my hair is 15% natural/ 85% relaxed (transitioning) and its to my breast right now and i'm so cheap i only buy one box and try to just apply and keep smoothing it into my hair so then it'll cover everything well...i also learn to focus on the underside of the hair, the front, and the middle (roots) and i apply whatevers left to the ends since they are more porous and older and dont require much to dye them dark....

i wash my hair daily and i find that the color last for up to 2 months for me without looking ridiculously dull! :grin:

PS: FOR THOSE LADIES WHO HAVE NEVER USED IT **** its a "powder" dye which is activated by lukewarm water. it doesn't look like much [the powder] but its highly concentrated and once the water is added its about the same as those box kits where you mix all the liquid together!

and for JAMIETTE- I'd do the oriental black first to get even black color and then after that application starts to fade a bit, use the blue black to secure a shiny blue tint....just to avoid the green from happening! just my no experience opinion! lol