Bigen Vs. Natural Instincts

shininnebear

Bigen scares me :look:, I have used natural instincts for like 10 years (its on my hair now), and its great. Is does not dry out your hair and it gives it great shine. However, the black shade lingers a lot longer than what it says on the box. HTH!

Yellowflowers

I would like to know this also. I use Bigen occasionally which is permant. Isn't Natural Instincts temporary?

thickness

I used to loooove Bigen, but it had started to dry my hair out something awful. So, I started using Loreal Color Gems and I love it. Its a demi-permanent so it lasts longer than semi-permanent and it does not give you those dreaded "color drippies" when you wash your hair.

If you want your hair jet black, then I would definitely go with Bigen. I would recommend the Oriental Black. The only downfal is that Bigen is permanent, really permanent. If you ever wanted highlight Natrural Instincts can be stripped, Bigen can not. I hope this helps.

Denise11

Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen! Bigen!...................LOL

By the way Holly, check out Santia's fotki. She uses Bigen Oriental Black I believe. The color and shine that she gets is out of this world. Shout Out to Santia.

HoneyDew

You have to pick your battle.

I enjoy having jet black hair and I have no interest in other shades. My hair is very black natually, but I use Bigen Oriental black twice a year or so to darken my hair after all the henna treatments I enjoy. I love Bigen and never have a problem with it.

I hate color that eventually washes out though. So Bigen works for me. One time I got irritation from Bigen and I am not sure why. I have used it for years and never had any problems before or since that incident. Not sure if my scalp was already irritated or if I did not rinse well enough or something.

Lady S

Apparently I'm in the minority. I've used NI twice (currently growing out the black shade) and it fried my hair both times. If you're looking for something that will eventually wash out, I would not use NI.

malachi74

Well I use NI but like the other ladies say, it does stain your strands and the black stays a lot longer than the 28 shampoos the box says. it stains it so well i often wonder why i just dont go ahead and use a permanent color.

I've never tried Bigen but I LOVE the way the color turns out on some of our lhcf ladies.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I've used both and Natural Instinct wins hands down! That ColorGloss Conditioner? Heaven! I used the black, which is a permanent color. That's probably why people were having a hard time getting the color to lift. I think black is the only one that's permanent. Anywho, my hair was soooo soft and shiny. One of my best rollersets ever :yay:

Bigen dried my hair out. Used it once, never again.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Bumping !:bump:

So.... I tried Natural Instincts waaay bk in the day, don't know if cuz I used red, but it left my hair like straw. Took forever to recover hair.

Been using Bigen in black, black brown. No obvious damage BUT my hair is stiffer. Never thought it could be Bigen specifically until this thread.

So, questions: what is everyone using now? What is up with walnut powder? Sage? I want a new way to rich shiny color without henna índigo.

Thoughts? :biggrin:

TLC1020

Thanks for bumping this thread... Taking notes..

I'm relaxed also and would like to cover a few gray hairs around my hairline in the front.. I currently use Adore rinse in Jet Black, which is cool but it doesn't last long...