Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm vs Joico Moisture Recovery Balm

serendipity

Has anyone tried both of these conditioners?which one provides better moisture and slip. Which one is thicker/creamier?

I'm thinking of purchasing one of these because I'd love to have a deep moisturising conditioner that I can find locally. Currently I'm using Elucence MBC and Baba de Caracol which I love but having to order them online is a pain. If the Joico or Biolage are great alternatives, I'm willing to give them ago since I've read so many rave reviews about them.

ETA: If there's anything better than the Biolage/Joico that's readily available feel free to post it also.

Last edited:

Aireen

I won't be of much help but I thought I'd contribute and be the first poster. I always always always hear raving reviews about Joico Moisture Recovery Balm. I actually tried the Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm and it did nothing for my hair, it was like my hair sucked up the ingredients and still wanted more. I've tried the Joico brand and my hair loves it so I'd recommend the Joico but hopefully someone else can give you a better comparison, I just thought I'd post because I DEEPLY regretted Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm.

Your Cheeziness

I've tried both. I ride for Joico Moisture Recover Balm. It smells awesome and is an awesome moisture/protein balance. My hair was always bouncy and soft after a rollerset. Hmmm, I need to revisit it.

I did not like Biolage, not even the Sally GVP version. It just sat on my hair and had zero slippage.

krissyprissy

I have only tried the Joico Moisture Recover Balm and it was great on my hair. It's great for a deep conditioner and detangles the hair well.

CurlsBazillion

Well dang I need to get some of this Joico Moisture Recover Balm. I need a DC with a good moisture/protein balance. I'm excited now because I don't want to order anything either.

babyu21

I tried the Biolage after reading all the reviews and it did NOTHING for my hair. I can't understand what others see in it.

The Joico Moisture Recovery is the truth in a bottle. This stuff is amazing and it smells great. JMRB stays in rotation along with Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Don't waste your money on the Biolage.

serendipity

Thanks ladies. Looks like I'll be purchasing the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm-I just hope it performs as well as my beloved Baba de Caracol Treatment.