Biotin or MSM?

sweetascocoa

which of these causes headaches? im prone to migraines and one of this 2 vitamins makes them worse? i remember reading about people complaining but im not sure which one is the culprit?

ETA:

i also take 1000mg vitamin C
500mg silica
multivitamin
1000mg flaxseed oil

the msm is 3000mg powder and biotin is 5000mcg

Last edited:

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
So sorry to hear about that. :( :( Headaches are a real pain. The likely culprit is MSM. Try cutting back on your dose and see if it helps. :)

senimoni

I thought I heard it about both, but def MSM....what are your dosages?? I would def lower and increase water.

dcstarr

Thanks for the info, I get headaches easily.. I'm taking mostly Biotin right now so I wont have to switch up my routine thank goodness...

MizaniMami

:confused: You know what's funny. I haven't took my biotin in 2 days and I have a massive headache! But I hear it is MSM that gives headaches. Try cutting down on your dosage.

sweetascocoa

thanks people. yeah i guessed it was MSM. because i normally get migraines a few times a month. maybe 4 or 5. then, i was taking only 1000mg. but since i increased it to 3000mg, i get it migraines 6 times a week!!! i was also on the depo which also worsens headaches. ill definitely cut down to 1000mg.