Biotin Shampoo and/or conditioner....

Lava27

Hi Gals,

So lately I've been on this big biotin shampoo and conditioner kick, and I've never really used either. I first bought Jason Biotin shampoo, and noticed some increased thickness (i'm fine haired, 4ish, texlaxed), but nothing to write home (or LHCF:lachen:) about. So anyway, I then bought Avalon Biotin conditioner and I used it after washing with regualr shampoo (CON). I put on hair and left in for about 10 min. with palstic bag....welll good gracious! My hair was soooo thick when I rinsed out! And so heavy! I mean my normally feathery, weightless hair had weight! Wowee! I was so shocked. In past year I jumped on the henna bandwagon, which I love, but I daresay that this conditioner made my hair feel thicker! The only drawback was, much like protein treatment, my hair felt drier, and I didn't have time to use moisturizing conditioner after. Anyway, I was interested in hearing if others had this result with biotin shampoo or conditioner?? Do any of you use biotin conditioner and follow with a moisturizing conditioner? I'm thinking of trying this next time, and I'm very excited about what may happen. So tell tell....how do you topically use biotin hair products??

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I currently have Nature's Gate Biotin Conditioner and in the past used J/A/S/O/N Biotin.

I always Deep Condition after co-washing.:yep:

Tif392002

I use Mill Creek Biotin Poo and conditioner, every other week or so, and alternating with Mane n Tail Moisturizing Poo and Conditioner and my strands thickness is improving. I ALWAYS use a moisturizing conditioner after I use the Biotin Poo/condish... im seeing nice results.

lushcoils

I use Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo. And it makes my hair soft after I rinse it out. First time a shampoo has ever done that. I'm not sure if it has made my hair thicker because my hair is already kind of thick anyway. I bought it because I was hoping it would speed up my growth and I wouldn't have to take the pill. :lol:

Aireen

OP, since you said your hair felt drier, did the conditioner help out a little with that or not much? I always have this misconception that biotin shampoos strip the hair like some drugstore shampoos so that conditioner doesn't really help much.

KurleeK5

i use mills creek biotin when i co wash and my hair LOVES it...i usually miz it with HEHH but I recently switched to NTM

danniegirl

OP, since you said your hair felt drier, did the conditioner help out a little with that or not much? I always have this misconception that biotin shampoos strip the hair like some drugstore shampoos so that conditioner doesn't really help much.

I had a very very bad experience with it just yesterday morning i got up early to wash and twist my hair after taking out my kinky twist i should have did a dc but i was rushed for time so i washed my hair and it was hard a dry and brittle mess. im newly natural and had no idea what the heck was going on i con-dished my hair 5 times after that and it was still hard i tried to do a quick 15 min caramel dc but that did nothing to help. i ended up using just about every product i own to get my hair soft enough for me to twist it might have been corrected with a good dc but i really didnt have the time but needless to say im returning the avalon biotin shampoo and conditioner on monday.

The up side to it i had the bomb twist out today and im going to try to keep it until tuesday but i think that has something to do with my shea pudding mix and some promenade that i used

Lava27

So I only washed with CON and used the Avalon biotin conditioner, and didn't get a chance to use any other conditioner after. After reading one of the above replies, I think I'll do the same thing next time, but end with Banana Brulee, or one of my other moisturizing conditioners. I'll report back! (oh, and when I used the Jason biotin shampoo alone, my hair wasn't stripped. It was a little soft, but I pre-pooed with oil prior, so who can really say? )

AtlantaJJ

Anyone using Nature's Gate Biotin Condish? It has protein high up on the list, I'm thinking of using it as a light protein conditioner.