Bishop Eddie Long Sued for Sexual Coercion

Minx

Good evening, ladies

I just came home and saw on CNN that Bishop Eddie Long is being sued for sexual coercion.....from what I gather he is being accused/sued by two gay men.

Wolf Blitzer pointed out that Bishop Long has been very vocal about being anti-gay marriage....he kept harping on that....I'm not sure why that's even relevant at this point, when we don't know the facts of whether or not Bishop Long did anything with these men....

Anyway, I will keep my eyes and ears open regarding any additional information about this situation.

I will be in prayer about this.

Blessings to you all,
Minx

AbundantlyBlessed

Just read the news. So sorry to hear. I think this will reopen some discussions about homosexuals in the church from the pulpit to the pews and whether the African American community is open and honest in our discussions about this. I hope this allegations prove to be false as it will be a black eye on the entire AA christian community. I'll remember this church in my prayers as well.

Rainbow Dash

This is not good whether it is true or not. The fact that it is broadcast for the world to read hurts the christian witness. But we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

We can only pray and continue to do His will.

Blessings

Southernbella.

One of the men (Maurice Robinson) who is accusing him is the same one who was arrested for breaking into his office and stealing from him.

I don't believe one word of it. I think it's either a smear tactic or some kind of revenge plot. I may take issue with some things about the church, but I went there for years and knew Bishop personally and I just don't believe it at all.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Thank you both... and Amen Health&Hair. He and his congregation are in my prayers as well..reminds me of when Peter went to prison and the people came together for intercessory prayer.

This is not good whether it is true or not. The fact that it is broadcast for the world to read hurts the christian witness. But we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.

We can only pray and continue to do His will.

Blessings

One of the men (Maurice Robinson) who is accusing him is the same one who was arrested for breaking into his office and stealing from him.

I don't believe one word of it. I think it's either a smear tactic or some kind of revenge plot. I may take issue with some things about the church, but I went there for years and knew Bishop personally and I just don't believe it at all.

taytay86

WOW - my SO just told me the news. I hate to be the one, but, there was always something about him that didn't sit well with me. Not saying it was homosexuality - but it was just "something". I also agree that this could be a smear campaign SO CNN will have to put up some hard core proof. But this news disturbed me a whole lot. The media is going to have a field day! The reason they keep harping on the homosexual marriage is because they want to tell the public: Look Look! Christians claim to be against gay marriage, but they are just like you (gays)! Hypocrites!

This is just what the devil wants - we have to stand firm.

Raspberry

Hopefully the truth in its entirety will come out.

A couple months ago my pastor prophesied a word of wisdom during prayer that something would be exposed soon that would shake/disturb people in the church, but that they should take comfort in the fact that God needed to expose it. I can't say for sure that this is what he was referencing, but it's what immediately came to mind when I read the story on Bishop Long. Keep in mind that I go to a non-denominational church and my pastor is white.. I doubt he knows much about Bishop Long or his ministry.

silenttullip

I've gotta agree with you. I attended his church as well and while I didn't know him "personally" the fact one of the guys was stealing from him tells me something isn't right. When people don't get their way they want to blackmail and when that doesn't work they're ready to sue. I wish Eddie all the best and hope he's innocent like I believe.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Ladies - my heart goes out to his wife Vanessa...please keep her in your prayers.

I love your 'siggy'... One Day at a Time :rosebud:

And I agree, my heart goes out to his wife Vanessa and his entire family and congregation.

I've been 'there' when the Pastor from my first Church was in the local news regarding an impropriety with a woman. Only God knows the truth and how to handle it. I pray for the Truth to come forth and to set everyone free.

Guilty ... not Guilty, I always loved Pastor Eddie Long. I've laughed at his 'muscle shirts' and I've been blessed by his Ministry. However, he cannot be a leader if he's being lead into sin, for others will only follow and be hurt by it.

If this is indeed a conspiracy, than that too must come into the light and be exposed for what it is. A lie designed to tear down a work of God. But when it's God's work and God's house, God will indeed preserve and protect it and all of those with broken hearts and spirits behind this.

Blessings.... :Rose:

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

And I agree, my heart goes out to his wife Vanessa and his entire family and congregation.

I've been 'there' when the Pastor from my first Church was in the local news regarding an impropriety with a woman. Only God knows the truth and how to handle it. I pray for the Truth to come forth and to set everyone free.

Guilty ... not Guilty, I always love Pastor Eddie Long. I've laughed at his 'muscle shirts' and I've been blessed by his Ministry. However, he cannot be a leader if he's being lead into sin, for others will only follow and be hurt by it.

If this is indeed a conspiracy, than that too must come into the light and be exposed for what it is. A lie designed to tear down a work of God. But when it's God's work and God's house, God will indeed preserve and protect it and all of those with broken hearts and spirits behind this.

Aww...thank you Shimmie.

I agree with your post. I used to be a member there several years ago, and I know a couple of people that are still there with sincere hearts that truly love and serve the Lord. I know this news is devastating for them as it grieves my spirit.

I always respected his wife because she has a humble and kind spirit. It's never easy to be a pastor's wife even during normal circumstances; therefore, I can only imagine how she feels right now.

I too hope that the truth comes out and set everyone free.

Laela

I'd always wanted to visit that church...

I'm still waiting to see what unfolds.... he's innocent until proven guilty yet so many Christians have already burned him at the stake on Day 1. Mind-boggling. My heart is with his wife, as well, and all those congregants that are hurting. My DH has two co-workers, one who was a member and the other who is a member of that church. Of course, the ex-member walked around at work saying "See I knew it! those megachurches are this and that..yada yada..." While the current member (who is on a media fast and heard about it at work) was surprised and all she could muster was that she'll pray for her pastor, but it was evident in her face she was hurt [my DH's account].

Romans 12 tells the Children of God to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. So, it's very unfortunate to see a complete lack of compassion from Christians for the innocents who are affected (I'm speaking generally here)

Guilty ... not Guilty, I always loved Pastor Eddie Long. I've laughed at his 'muscle shirts' and I've been blessed by his Ministry. However, he cannot be a leader if he's being lead into sin, for others will only follow and be hurt by it.

Shimmie

Staff member
I'd always wanted to visit that church...

I'm still waiting to see what unfolds....

he's innocent until proven guilty

yet so many Christians have already burned him at the stake on Day 1. Mind-boggling.

My heart is with his wife, as well, and all those congregants that are hurting. My DH has two co-workers, one who was a member and the other who is a member of that church. Of course, the ex-member walked around at work saying "See I knew it! those megachurches are this and that..yada yada..." While the current member (who is on a media fast and heard about it at work) was surprised and all she could muster was that she'll pray for her pastor, but it was evident in her face she was hurt [my DH's account].

Romans 12 tells the Children of God to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn. So, it's very unfortunate to see a complete lack of compassion from Christians for the innocents who are affected (I'm speaking generally here)

Laela, the picture in your siggy speaks volumes.... Oh My Lord! Laela, it's a pictured view of the bolded comment of your post. So many are literally throwing him over the cliff.

I do not want to discard him... guilty or not, I do not wish to discard him. At the end of the day, it won't stop God from being God to deliver him.

Love and blessings to you and hubbie... :kiss:

nathansgirl1908

I am one of those who believes that there is some truth to these allegations. There was always something that just didn't sit right with me about Bishop Long, but I always just pushed it aside. I have never attended his church for that reason. I only wen there for left Eye's funeral and for my graduation from Spelman. But both times something about him rubbed me the wrong way. I always felt that his focus was misguided.

If this is true, I hope that he gets some help.

But what I find even more troubling is the fact that so many men of the cloth are engaging in this type of behavior. I still believe, and will continue to believe, that homosexuality is a spirit just like any other demonic spirit. All of these revelations about men of god should inspire Christians to start praying against this stuff. When we give it a foothold it will just start to take over.

SHEANITPRO

I am one of those who believes that there is some truth to these allegations. There was always something that just didn't sit right with me about Bishop Long, but I always just pushed it aside. I have never attended his church for that reason. I only wen there for left Eye's funeral and for my graduation from Spelman. But both times something about him rubbed me the wrong way. I always felt that his focus was misguided.

But what I find even more troubling is the fact that so many men of the cloth are engaging in this type of behavior. I still believe, and will continue to believe, that homosexuality is a spirit just like any other demonic spirit. All of these revelations about men of god should inspire Christians to start praying against this stuff. When we give it a foothold it will just start to take over.

I too attended Left Eye's funeral at New Birth, what a wonderful celebration of life it was.

I definitely have my views about Eddie Longs innocence, but wonder what you ladies think
of the photos that he took on camera phone and sent to the young men....

Do they give you pause? Do you find that particular action to be appropriate for a Bishop?

I feel in someways that if his barometer is so faulty as to send such pictures, there is no
telling how askew his other thought processes spiritual or otherwise might be.

I do think his wife knows of his true disposition, and hopefully she is breathing a sigh of relief in some
ways. I keep her and their children in prayer...they are the true innocents in all of this.

gn1g

He is going to address this with his congregation on Sunday at 11:00 so says the news. He is also saying it is a smear tactic and that it is ALL ABOUT $$$$.

^^I think he is just proud of his body, just like many of us are proud of our hair.

PinkPebbles

I too attended Left Eye's funeral at New Birth, what a wonderful celebration of life it was.

I definitely have my views about Eddie Longs innocence, but wonder what you ladies think
of the photos that he took on camera phone and sent to the young men....

Do they give you pause? Do you find that particular action to be appropriate for a Bishop?

I feel in someways that if his barometer is so faulty as to send such pictures, there is no
telling how askew his other thought processes spiritual or otherwise might be.

I do think his wife knows of his true disposition, and hopefully she is breathing a sigh of relief in some
ways. I keep her and their children in prayer...they are the true innocents in all of this.

To answer your question it's highly inappropriate for a Bishop, Pastor, Teacher, Political Figure, CEO, Parent, Counselor, Professional, etc. whether it's through text or a profile picture posted on facebook.

This story is indeed sad and will continue to get uglier and unfortunately that's the bottom line. Right now my focus is to pray; and especially for his wife and children.

God sees all and He knows all and whoever is guilty will be dealt with. I believe we are in a season where everybody needs to reflect on their own salvation...repent, confess, and be delivered from the pulpit to the pew. Whether it's a mega or store front church; whether you're black, brown, white, or yellow.

Rastafarai

He is going to address this with his congregation on Sunday at 11:00 so says the news. He is also saying it is a smear tactic and that it is ALL ABOUT $$$$.

^^I think he is just proud of his body, just like many of us are proud of our hair.

For real though? For real???

That don't look like no humble servant/leader of God to me, flashy jewelry, fitted muscle shirts and all. So he sent those alleged victims photos because he was "proud of his body" ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya'll funny.

gn1g

yep, he apparently works out hard and likes the look of his appearance! There is nothing wrong with those pictures. Girls on here have no shirt on and take pictures all the time!!! He has pointed out certain cuts on his body saying that you don't get these kinds of cuts doing nothing, it was his goal to have a body like a certain elder in his church.

I will withhold judgment, waiting on due process.

Shimmie

Staff member

:yep: :yep: :yep: At the bolded, that's a good one GN :Rose: I have to totally agree with this. :lol: I have a little too much pride when it comes to my hair. Especially when it's in the wind and smelling all fresh and clean. :rocker:

I have no doubt that Bishop Long is proud of his body. But all men with muscles are like this. It's just part of who they are. :strong:

I'm not excusing any wrong this man may have done; I can't. I expect honour from our leaders. But I can't hang him for loving his body. Cause God knows, I love my hair ad few other features. :rolleyes:

Blessings to you... :Rose:

SHEANITPRO

^^^Supposedly, these are the tamest pictures sent to the young men that they are publicly releasing at this time.

BJ Bernstein legal counsel for the accusers is adamant that there are more that are seriously incriminating....more will be revealed.

This is truly a sad case.

taytay86

YES! YES! YES! I have always said this as well BECAUSE there is no other way to explain homosexuality. Those individuals who CLAIM they were born gay, just had a spirit attach themselves to them at a young age. With that obviously comes the spirit of confusion. I prayed against all these spirits before my daughter was born, and had her blessed just minutes after birth because I strongly believe there are spirits lurking just waiting to attack a child of God.

For real though? For real???

That don't look like no humble servant/leader of God to me, flashy jewelry, fitted muscle shirts and all. So he sent those alleged victims photos because he was "proud of his body" ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Ya'll funny.

Dudes take pics like this ALL THE TIME come on! Are YOU serious? Just take a look and some of the dudes on your facebook friends list....ridiculous.

I know if I was sending "suggestive" pics to my SO they definitely wouldn't look like that, trust me. Anyone could've hacked into his phone to retrieved that pic. ANYONE. If I wanted to bring down a Bishop at a mega church, trust me I better know what I'm doing. Hacking into a phone is the obvious choice.

Attorney BJ Bernstein is gonna have to come harder than that.

Last edited:

SHEANITPRO

^^^Yep, she sure will.

She's shrewd enough not to lay out all her cards, the "poker" face you know,
but she has a vested interest in this case too.

I doubt the accusers have the money to pay her...no doubt she is doing "pro bono" work
her reputaton and credibility are on the line so she will be a zealot on this case,

Rastafarai

Dudes take pics like this ALL THE TIME come on! Are YOU serious? Just take a look and some of the dudes on your facebook friends list....ridiculous.

I know if I was sending "suggestive" pics to my SO they definitely wouldn't look like that, trust me. Anyone could've hacked into his phone to retrieved that pic. ANYONE. If I wanted to bring down a Bishop at a mega church, trust me I better know what I'm doing. Hacking into a phone is the obvious choice.

Attorney BJ Bernstein is gonna have to come harder than that.

No you are not comparing a Bishop of a megachurch to "dudes....on Facebook".

He isn't just a DUDE but presumably an upstanding Christian leader in his community and amongst his churchgoers. Now looking at THOSE pictures without actually knowing his profession, I would never think he was a pastor/preacher/Christian leader. Where is his wedding ring ? Why is he taking photos of himself in tight muscle tees and flamboyant jewelry? Is he THAT obnoxious and conceited a person to find the need to "show off" his assets? And yet, you call this a man of God?

If these photos were in fact taken by Mr. Long and sent to his victims then it is certainly inappropriate for a man who is not only a Christian leader but more a married Christian at that.

I cannot wait to see where this case goes. I very much look forward to hearing what he has to say come Sunday. And FYI, the legal counsel in this case is certainly no fool. I think its a pretty much a wrap from hereonin and things are about to get real ugly.

Last edited:

Laela

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Men..boys... once my young, no-muscle nephew wore a muscle shirt and I'm like.. why??? LOL

:yep: :yep: :yep: At the bolded, that's a good one GN :Rose: I have to totally agree with this. :lol: I have a little too much pride when it comes to my hair. Especially when it's in the wind and smelling all fresh and clean. :rocker:

I have no doubt that Bishop Long is proud of his body. But all men with muscles are like this. It's just part of who they are. :strong: