BKT DIYers, which one do you recommend, QOD, Global...

NubianQueen

Greetings Ladies, :wave:

My cousin, MsPortugal, has done this treatment on my hair twice thus far and the results have been good. Much better the second time as the first time I had Aveda color done prior without clarifying my hair in between services.

The one we used is by this company: http://johnpaulparis.com/

I bought it off of ebay and they claim it has 2% formaldehyde. I did one treatment on my sisters hair and hers came out nicely as well even though I used too much product and now have to purchase another bottle.

So, here I am wondering if I should try QOD or Global Keratin as I have read a couple of good reviews here about each of them. Or are we on to something new as I may have missed something between the MT and Chlorella threads that I am desperately trying to keep up with!

Thank you in advance for any assistance you can offer. :)

sheba1

Glad you've enjoyed your results, NQ! I haven't done mine yet, but I will be using Global. If you contact their corporate headquarters, you can buy the 16 oz for $150.

hothair

^^^ Wish I'd known that before I ordered. Used Global, worked well for me, I'd stick to a brand if its given good results unless the other one is much cheaper:look:

crazydaze911

Yeah - if its not broke, dont fix it - think you should stick with what you know. For me, i dont know what they used the first two times - Its a BIG SECRET, but that last salon, i beat it out of them - lol - and it was the Global FORMALDEHYDE FREE - its weird but i liked it the best. Who knows if others are better....

NubianQueen

Thank you for the replies ladies. So far, it looks like Global is winning! I was looking at the 4% formaldehyde due to my original hair texture of 4a/b.

No, it is not broken, but the lingering smell makes me want to vomit! :nono: Besides, even though my hair dries a lot faster (five minutes) and is silky with swang as long as I blow dry, flat iron and don't put my MT in it at night. Air drying is a hot mess and I just want to try something else to see if I can attain better results. :weird:

According to Victor Sabino, inventor of Moisture Block, I should be able to do a 'messy blow dry' to get silky results without ever having to use a flat iron after the process. He does the BKT in his Scottsdale salon and is so super sweet. I believe he uses the Marcia Teixeira treatment, he did not tell me that, he just said it was 'professional' and that is the ONLY one I can't get my hands on! :angry2:

I have seen with my own eyes results from Marcia Teixeira's bkt which is what lead me to the boards to see if I could find more info about this new revolutionary treatment. Seriously, the two ladies that I have seen with it had my jaw drop! I am not willing to spend $200 like the one with hair length similar to mine. Her hair is so dayum silky from just air drying that even she was like, touch my hair, TOUCH IT! :shocked:

The other thing is that no matter how many garlic treatments (actually caused more shedding), protein treatments or moisturizing treatments, my hair is STILL breaking! Plus it has only grown maybe an inch in the past four months and I KNOW this because I had it colored and can clearly see the new growth. :wallbash: Despite all of the alta silica, chlorella, spirulina, green foods, fruits, vegetables, hair massages, etc.....:ohwell::whyme:

Anyway, I am on the hunt for the right treatment for my hair! :yep:

Mo' Hair!

Last edited:

sheba1

I'm very excited for you to try the global Nubian. I hope you enjoy it :yep:. I hope you are one of those ladies that goes, "OMG, you HAVE to touch it!" :grin:

I am very excited about BKT and I'll be sure to share my results with you when I do it. I plan to use the 2% and I've been tryyying to hold off til July :rolleyes:

NubianQueen

You have so much restraint! I just had my second one done at the beginning of March and can't wait to get my hot little hands on the 4% so I can do it again at the beginning of May! :grin:

I sure hope I get my desired results! If I follow the great advice here: get my temperature up, sleep more, exercise, continue my supplements (including chlorella and spirulina) and find the cure for my breakage. I will need to continue doing the treatment at least every two months to keep up with my new growth!

I can attain around .5" of growth per month when I work out. Let's see how much I can get when I incorporate all of the goodies! I am on a mission, and I only have until August 15! Three more inches, that is my goal!

Mo' Hair!