BKT ladies : which products do you use in your regimen?

Ciacia

Hi ladies,

I know there is a support thread for the BKT but this sooooooooo long.
I actually only have one question, which products/brands do you use as:
Daily moisturizer?
Shampoo?
Conditioners?
Others?

Many thanks in advance.

Hey there, Ciacia :wave: I'm sorry for all the views and no replies. I think a lot of ladies are just BKT'd out. :lol:

That being said, I'll answer in blue below. I'll also link you to a thread that discusses a product safe list. The only thing you must avoid, really is sodium chloride (salt). A lot of ladies take it a step further and avoid harsh sulfates, also.

There's a great all in one list of products that are BKT friendly (sulfate and sodium chloride free) at http://www.tightlycurly.com Not because she uses BKT (she does not) but she is anti both of those ingredients so her recommended products list is perfect if you want to explore those.

BKT safe product list <--- click for link

Hi ladies,

I know there is a support thread for the BKT but this sooooooooo long.
I actually only have one question, which products/brands do you use as:
Daily moisturizer? I have a spray of african royale, water and infusium for the days that I don't cowash.
Shampoo? .Mill Creek Biotin shampoo
Conditioners? . Sally's conditioning balm, silicon mix, whale s, herbal cholesterol (I've got many others; quite a conditioner junkie)
Others? .2 minute reconstructor regularly (once a week or so)

Many thanks in advance.

I use Suave Humectant Conditioner as a conditioner, co-wash, and nightly leave-in. I just started using almond castille soap mixed with water, wheat germ oil, & olive oil as my shampoo. I use an oil mix of jojoba oil, castor oil, sesame oil, wheat germ oil, and argan oil to seal. I use OCT as a growth-aid. Don't use much else...

I use cheapie conditioners for cowashing. Lustrasilk Olive Oil/Tea Tree Cholersterols,(don't use Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol, it has sodium chloride) ORS Replenishing Packs, Redken Smooth Down Conditioner for DC.

Fantasia ic Straightening Serum for both airdrying and flatironing.

Castor oil/EVOO/Coconut oil to seal.

No other leave-ins or products.

Shampoo: rarely any one I get my hands on (Dove Reconstructive at the moment)
Conditioner: Moisture-Aussie Moist, MNT Deep Moisturising. WEN, Protein-Aphogee 2 min, Kemcool Snake oil DC etc
Leave in- Giovanni Direct
Oils- Castor, EVOO and Shea butter.
Others- Ovation/ Megatek diluted as a spray

ETA: sorry the top is for my current reggie, my straight hair regimen is a modified Ateyaa regimen but with more moisture DCs

Back