Black 14-Year-Old Falsely Accused of Theft in a SoHo Hotel

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
She's a class act :rolleyes:
  • On February 28, 2020, she was arrested by the Beverly Hills Police Department in Beverly Hills, California for being intoxicated in public.
  • On September 1, 2020, she was arrested by the West Los Angeles California Highway Patrol for driving with a suspended license and failure to obey traffic lane.
What Stood out to me was she favourites iPhone cases on etsy, more than anything :lol:

Even if I was CONVINCED someone stole my phone, I would let them have it, rather than make such a silly display of myself or risk being wrong! Lolol

Theresamonet

What Stood out to me was she favourites iPhone cases on etsy, more than anything :lol:

Even if I was CONVINCED someone stole my phone, I would let them have it, rather than make such a silly display of myself or risk being wrong! Lolol

Right! Who does this over a phone? Falling down on the ground, tackling and wrestling people... She looks deranged. And it’s sad that her simply being white was enough for other people to entertain and validate her crazed antics.

naturalgyrl5199

How in the world do you see a child with a phone in a case that you never had and demand that he hand it to you? Even if my phone had just gone missing in the past twenty minutes, it would never occur to me to demand that someone hand over their phone if it was in a case I had never seen before. The level of gall in this behavior is amazing.
That's the problem.
She DIDN'T See him as a child at all. These adults don't respond to black boys and girls as children. That's been the problem since they dragged us over here from West Africa.

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
She's a class act :rolleyes:
  • On February 28, 2020, she was arrested by the Beverly Hills Police Department in Beverly Hills, California for being intoxicated in public.
  • On September 1, 2020, she was arrested by the West Los Angeles California Highway Patrol for driving with a suspended license and failure to obey traffic lane.
Dang what a train wreck. :nono: that was just in 2020!!!!

lavaflow99

In search of the next vacation
Damn they posted her address on Instagram and everything. I almost feel sorry for her...almost.
Address you say?

Hope they burn her house to the ground :look:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Out of all the people coming and going in that hotel how did she hone in on the teenager as the thief? We know the answer.... because this was racially motivated. I don’t feel sorry for her. She didn’t feel sorry for this young man before trying to tackle him. Let them drag her. And maybe the next Karen will think twice. I have a son with an iPhone. They can try me if they want to.:confused:

Ganjababy

Her saying that she tries very hard to do the right things in life shows that her character is not good. Doing the right thing comes naturally to most decent human beings...

“When asked whether she's concerned about possibly facing charges and overall how she is portrayed in the video, she said, "Of course I worry. That's not who I am. I actually ... try very hard to make sure that I am always doing the right thing."

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I thought she was Latina or Italiana from the still photos...but in the video she sounds so Karen Becky that I doubted my eyes lol.
She is still young herself and does truly seem in dire need of mental health services. She reminds me of some students with mental health issues who could become irrational and highly distressed when separated from a personal item whether it was a phone, backpack etc.

Theresamonet

I thought she was Latina or Italiana from the still photos...but in the video she sounds so Karen Becky that I doubted my eyes lol.
She is still young herself and does truly seem in dire need of mental health services. She reminds me of some students with mental health issues who could become irrational and highly distressed when separated from a personal item whether it was a phone, backpack etc.

Same @ the bolded. I was seeing spicy white, but hearing mayo white. :lol:

I don’t like to give these white folks the mental illness out, but I feel like I can see the instability in her eyes. That coupled with her actions here and her brushes with the law, I think she’s most likely suffering from some mental affliction. However, I do think you can be mentally ill and racist at the same time.

Im actually more interested in seeing the hotel face some consequences. This man was living at their hotel! They should have been protecting the Harolds from this wild eyed lunatic off the street. Instead their manager decided to advocate for the crazy person over their guests. That decision was a result of racial bias. That’s unacceptable. They need to pay.

naturalgyrl5199

When I was in clinical rotations training to be a dietitian, we spent a week at the biggest Mental Health Facility in FL. Its also a jail for those with mental health issues. On the girls wing....I was surprised (back then) and saddened to see so many college students (I live in the college town 30 mins away) staying there. Many had mental health issues from childhood that came out in college. Many committed petty crimes, disorderly conduct, attacked a cop or official, roommate about an item...and a lot of their treatment/punishment landed them there. They were literally in the middle of the school semester. Many were schizophrenics that had been attending school regularly until they had a mental health breakdown.

Belle Du Jour

Now that her background has come to light I wonder how the hotel staff member feels. He sided with a a train wreck criminal vs a harmless child.

He needs to be fired. He has poor discernment and is racist.

Yep we all know why the manager sided with Becky. Let this have been a BW asking to see if Ken took her phone :rolleyes: WW have received the benefit of the doubt for all their wrongdoings for centuries. I’m here for the dismantling of Becky’s privilege or at least for them being exposed as being bat :flush: crazy

Black Ambrosia

Is there part of the conversation that's missing? Why is she bringing up that she's puerto rican? Did he call her Karen before the video started? I don't really care if she's not white. She's bringing Karen energy into the new year so it fits. And she says that she's 22 after the guy asks why she did it and mentions that he's young (referring to Harrold Jr). Not sure if she misheard him and thought he called her young or what else that could mean?

I have a feeling she's somehow going to benefit from this in the same sick way Zimmerman did.

bzb1990

3b/3c. henna/cassia.
Oh yeah this will be her big break.
Shes clarifying that there is an 8 year difference between the adult and the child.

What else does telling him she's 22 accomplish? Likewise Puerto Rican, that's like giving people specifics on a group to connect racism with at large.

My dad has a joke that if he lost it in public, his plan is to drop in a reference to a country he hates, to make people associate that obnoxious behaviour with that country rather than his.

Theresamonet

Is there part of the conversation that's missing? Why is she bringing up that she's puerto rican? Did he call her Karen before the video started? I don't really care if she's not white. She's bringing Karen energy into the new year so it fits. And she says that she's 22 after the guy asks why she did it and mentions that he's young (referring to Harrold Jr). Not sure if she misheard him and thought he called her young or what else that could mean?

I have a feeling she's somehow going to benefit from this in the same sick way Zimmerman did.

I think she said that to say that she’s young too. And then she added that she’s Puerto Rican to say that she’s a minority too. So basically, there should be no outrage over her attacking a young black boy, because she’s a young hispanic girl. That’s how I took it.

Black Ambrosia

I think she said that to say that she’s young too. And then she added that she’s Puerto Rican to say that she’s a minority too. So basically, there should be no outrage over her attacking a young black boy, because she’s a young hispanic girl. That’s how I took it.
Makes sense but seems out of place since race wasn't mentioned - neither his or hers. The part about being young is just dumb. I hope she gets a harsh sentence not just 30 days of community service. I wish I knew the guidelines for the charges they're talking about.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Dang...I knew in my heart she was PR...she straight up looks Boricua it, but again, the way she was talking in that video, tho...pure Karen...but other than that I recognize messed up Boricuas...her whole family..sad. I was hoping that she was not Latina...still holding out lol.

But yes, you can have mental issues and be racist...and yes you def can be Latino/a and be racist...

The thing is tho, I didn't hear scream a stream of racial epithets, unless I missed it. I just heard her screaming that it was her phone. This makes me believe she was focused on the phone being hers for whatever mentally unstable reason, and not on his race.

She may be saying she is PR as a way to point out her own racially mixed background and clarify her lunacy was not based on race. Either way she clearly come from a toxic environment and needs help.

I agree that the hotel management needs to be held accountable. They clearly had no idea how to handle this situation and their responses are most definitely racist.