Black Friday 2017

gorgeoushair

It's not to early to start saving. Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales vary year to year. My Honey Chile, The Mane Choice, Soultanicals(has pretty good sales regularly), Annabelle's Perfect Blends(has pretty good sales regularly),Curls, Alikay Naturals, Hairveda(pretty good sales regularly), Inahsi Naturals, Jane Carter, Made Beautiful, Miss Jessie's, Shescentit, and TGIN.

You may want to check the past BF threads.

Aggie

Nice thread @NaturallyKweenBee. I am not sure what I want on my list yet but I believe some body butters and Dead Sea Mud Wash from J. Monique's Naturals will be on there. Maybe some ayurveda herbs and powders as well.

By the way, it's never too early to start saving money. Get those carts and wish lists ready with your most needed items and then if you can afford to, put some stuff that you would like to try out as well.

I always make mock carts with a whole bunch of stuff in them and visit them frequently, eliminating what I don't think I need for the time being, and maybe adding other items that I actually do need.

I usually make my mind up if I want to purchase at a 20% off discount sale or if I won't purchase unless it is a 30-50% sale. It all depends on the merchant and what their reputation for sales are like. I tend to lean more towards 30-50% off sales however.

Last edited:

krissyhair

It's never too early to save up for something you really want!

Financial planning!

Make mock shopping carts of the products you want at full price. Put aside a little bit over time to reach your goals by thanksgiving.

With the sales at black Friday, you'll have leftover money for other important things you need to buy. A little extra transportation money, housing, organic foods for the new year, a new hobby starter kit... who knows.

Happy shopping and saving.

NaturallyATLPCH

This is a good thread. Make sure you sign up for emails of companies you may want to buy from, because some of them have sales prior to Black Friday to beat the rush.
Some companies have sales year round so you won't have to wait Like Annabelle's Perfect Blends. Sales are usually anywhere from 20-40% off.
Me personally am over using Black Friday to try new things, as I already have the vendors I will most likely purchase from.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Black Friday (Wish) List 2017

Hair and Skin
  1. a wig for my mom
  2. Jakeala body scrub for me
  3. Jakeal body scrub as gifts for others
  4. Amika Triple Rx Mask (a 2-ounce sample; Naptural85's rave gets me EVERY time)
  5. Lancer The Method: Body Nourish treatment (based on this thread https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/fall-winter-2017-glow-up-list.824583/page-2#post-24246259)
  6. Sheaterra Mongongo & Banana Deep Conditioning + Pre-shampoo Hair Food Masque Instead, I'm going to focus on personalizing Lavishly Natural's DIY fenugreek-based prepoo.
Fitness
  1. Yoga shoes
  2. Cute workout leggings and tops
  3. A few new and highly motivating workout DVDs (if I can find some), such as yoga, a fun yet effective jump rope routine, a great kettle bell workout video, dance workout to great music, etc.
Other:
  1. One of Martin McCurtis's tabletop Momentum Hair dryers (if he ever produces them!)

Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Black Friday List (Under Construction):
  • Soultanicals Afrotastic Curl Elastic 1L
  • Soultanicals Hair Glide 1L
  • Oyin Hair Dew 1L
  • My Honey Child Type 4 Hair Cream x 2 at least
  • Camille Rose Naturals Almond Jai (amount dependent on discount, bought 4 last year during the Target BF sale, would up to 6)
  • KomazaCare Protein Strengthener x 9 (Yes, I know this is extra but my hair loves it so much. I notice the difference when I skip it more than 2 weeks.)
  • Jamila Henna x 6 or so
  • Henna Herbal Mix x 4
  • Drunk Elephant (D.E.) Babyfacial x 2
  • D.E. TLC Framboos large size
  • D.E. B-Hydra Moisturizing Cream
  • D.E. Vitamin C Serum x 2
  • GlamGlow Dream Duo
  • Glossier Boy Brow x 4
  • Murad Invisiblur
  • Benefiber (amount dependent on discount)
I try to buy my hair and skin stuff for the year on Black Friday to avoid shipping and to take advantage of sales.
D.E. bottles last me 8 months apiece.
2L of Hair Dew lasts me a year and a half.
I go through 5 jars of Almond Jai a year (I think).
A 12 oz bottle of Hair Glide will last me 10 weeks, suggesting I would need 6 of those to last a year. This works out to 72 oz and I bought another liter during the last sale.

Updates:
1 jar of Cocoveda lasts about 3 months.
Lol I do not know if I can afford 4 jars of Cocoveda.
Bought jojoba oil somewhere else on sale.
Bought 5 jars of CRN from NaturallyCurly during their sale.
Bought Soultanicals Knot Butta on sale from NC.

Everything else is either new or I don't recall how fast I use it.

Last edited:

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
  • 2L Oyin Honey Hemp
  • 1-2 16oz of each DC from KindredButters
  • 6 APB hair & body buttas
  • 6 APB honey body glaze
  • 2 16oz APB Blueberry cheesecake DC
  • 12 packs of Beautifully Bamboo tea
  • Various carrier and essential oils
  • Misc hair accessories (hats, scarves, head wraps, silk pillowcases, etc)
  • 5-10 hair products from various vendors

Smiley79

Woohoo, this thread has finally arrived. My wishlist includes the following, but will be narrowed down later:

- Earthtones Natural
- Shescentit Avocado Conditioner
- Senghori Shells Coarse yaki 2 Bundles
- Claudie's Normalizing conditioner
- Naturelle Grow poducts
- Curl Dynasty various
- Thermalcare Hot Head
- Neferttiti Leave in spray
- Marcella Herbal poo bar

I don't want to be a PJ anymore, so I need to find a way to condense this list down to a basic 6 month supply of hair products!

Last edited:

Jade Feria

My list so far:

Kindred Butters DCs
- Joe's Joe
- Avocado Moss
- Honey Nectar

Bekura YAM Nectar

Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener

Annabelle's Perfect Blends
- Garlic Conditioner
- Stocking up on UCS
- Restocking Ayurvedic Daily Mist & oil
- Some other stuff in my cart

TGIN Honey Miracle DC

Shescentit
- Honey Moisture Conditioner
- Restore & Reapair Hair Mask
- Coco Summer Leave-In
- Restocking Coco Creme Leave-In and Papaya Blooming Curls moisturizer

Hairveda - Restocking Vatika Frosting

Naturelle Grow
- Darn near the whole store is in my cart, love her products
- Restocking/Stocking up on Slippery Elm & Marshmallow Root DC

Another Bonbon Cheveux satin bonnet
A couple more slap caps & headbands
Steamer

Last edited:

Aggie

My list so far:

Kindred Butters DCs
- Joe's Joe
- Avocado Moss
- Honey Nectar

Bekura YAM Nectar

Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener

Annabelle's Perfect Blends
- Garlic Conditioner
- Stocking up on UCS
- Restocking Ayurvedic Daily Mist & oil
- Some other stuff in my cart

TGIN Honey Miracle DC

Shescentit
- Honey Moisture Conditioner
- Restore & Reapair Hair Mask
- Coco Summer Leave-In
- Restocking Coco Creme Leave-In and Papaya Blooming Curls moisturizer

Hairveda - Restocking Vatika Frosting

Naturelle Grow
- Darn near the whole store is in my cart, love her products
- Restocking/Stocking up on Slippery Elm & Marshmallow Root DC

Another Bonbon Cheveux statin bonnet
A couple more slap caps & headbands
Steamer
That's what's missing from my BF list - BonBon Cheveau satin and plastic under satin bonnets. I may need 2 of each:yep:

The ones with plastic under satin ones will be used for times when I use growth oils on my scalp. I will be using the green house effect method then.

Jade Feria

That's what's missing from my BF list - BonBon Cheveau satin and plastic under satin bonnets. I may need 2 of each:yep:

The ones with plastic under satin ones will be used for times when I use growth oils on my scalp. I will be using the green house effect method then.
Do you have a link for the plastic ones?

Smiley79

@Aggie Are the BonBon caps similar to the Hot Head caps. I have a hooded dryer..I would love a cap type alternative for my deep conditioning needs. That way I could part ways with my dryer and save on space.

Okay, I see everyone is stocking up on Annabelle products; I have never tried her products. I might have to add her to my list...to atleast try.

Aggie

@Aggie Are the BonBon caps similar to the Hot Head caps. I have a hooded dryer..I would love a cap type alternative for my deep conditioning needs. That way I could part ways with my dryer and save on space.

Okay, I see everyone is stocking up on Annabelle products; I have never tried her products. I might have to add her to my list...to atleast try.
No they are not. They are simply a plastic cap under a satin bonnet. They are perfect for when I want to do the green house effect at night while I sleep.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I am almost out of all of my fave Kerastase products. Last BF they did 25% off plus the normal freebies.

I want to buy the Discipline sulfate free poo
Curl Ideal Cleansing Conditioner
Maskeratine dc
I'll add to this list if anything else interests me.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
The Whole Foods in my area is having a 25% off beauty products from 6-7 October, so I'm going to get most of my staples then (Castile soap, coconut oil, scented soaps, essential oils).

For BF, I would like to stock up on the following:
KCNT
4 Naturals #2 Serum
Oyin Hair Dew
Jason Biotin Conditioner
Dark & Lovely Hair Dye (it's a ginger red)
Aphogee Green Tea & Keratin Leave in
Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor

Anaisin

Probably not going to get this stuff but my wishlist

Mane Choice
Heavenly Halo
Prepoo
Serum oil mist
Hydration mask x2

Ancient Egyptian
Leave in lotion
Twisting gel
Oil
Hair mask x2
Body wash
Lotion

Mielle Organics
Pomegranate & Honey
Leave in
Curling Custard

Aggie

My Unofficial Official BF List for 2017:

APB Keratin Protein Treatment

Mielle Organics Babassu and Mint DC and depending on the sale I need 2 or 3 of these as back ups to my back up.

Naturelle Grow Vanilla Fig DC - maybe 2 jars
Naturelle Grow Pink Clay Mask

BonBon Cheveaux Plastic Lined Satin Cap - Got this one last night.

She Scent It Coriander & Fig Balm - maybe 2 jars of this

JMonique's Naturals Dead Sea Mud Wash x1 jar
JMonique's Rum & Raisin Body Butter x3 jars and maybe a couple underarm deodorants.

Ebay - aloe and moringa powders for my ayurvedic treatments - Got these two powders already, so they are off my BF list for now

Essential Wholesale
Bentonite Clay Powder - 1 lb Just bought this
Rhassoul Clay Powder - 1 lb Just bought this
Activated Charcoal Powder - 1 lb, Wow this thing is expensive too but I just bought it anyway for my teeth whitening

Ebay
Moroccan Rhassoul Clay - 1 lb - Just bought this
White Kaolin Clay 2.2 lbs - Just bought this
French Green Clay 2.2 lbs - Just bought this

Last edited: