Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sales - Good, Bad, and Ugly Buying Experiences

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Let us :pray: that Sistah @lulu97 likes SSI products! We know she favors OTG shopping. We don't want her to get turned off from hitting "Pay Nah."

:giggle:

I wanted to love the experience. I was waiting for some kind of excitement and rush. All I got was a migraine. I can't give away the lil' coins I do have to the postman for shipping. :giveup:

I FINALLY decided to try Camille Rose. Since the only place to get it in Europe is a UK store that does not deliver outside of the UK I went to the Camille Rose online shop.

I ordered 1 milk and 1 curl maker. With the discount it came to $28. Which is good.

But after filling out an account and getting my credit card ready to shop, I glance down to see that the shipping is $50!!!!!!!!!!

After I screamed, fainted, ripped my hair out and burned my bra I am still seething. Sssssoooo unfAIR!

Scuse me...did you say $50 to ship?

d8970b49866e115714f0c5af0ae92b7f717c0358d7a5927899e8a0f37eb08ad8.jpg

gorgeoushair

THE GOOD:
These vendors for the most part, have really stepped up their Shipping Game. I have received products and/or Tracking info already! Very Impressive 2015

THE BAD:
I bought way, way too much stuff I didn't need.

THE UGLY:
Looking for someplace to put the new stuff.

I will have to say the sales were good. Heck, even Hydrathermal Natural had a 25% of sale instead of her usual 20%(still not good enough for me though). Maybe next year or two we'll get 30%. Lol
Anyways I am so proud of myself because I really didn't buy like I wanted to when I seen all the sales. I don't need anything nor do I have any room for anything. Plus I keep telling myself, there's always Mother's Day or next BF and the next one. Lol

FelaShrine

THE GOOD:
These vendors for the most part, have really stepped up their Shipping Game. I have received products and/or Tracking info already! Very Impressive 2015

THE BAD:
I bought way, way too much stuff I didn't need.

THE UGLY:
Looking for someplace to put the new stuff.

agreed with all this. got my Kurlee Belle stuff yesterday! I cant wait to try ther stuff., heard good things. I agree with your BAD, so many DCs :nono: lol and I wanna add getting stuff from SD before looking at other deals, ashamed that in teh midts of everything i even bothered with that measly 15% ish. Butr again its cosI got stuff from there before checking the sales thread and checking othervedors Its one thing if shipping was free..

and one thing I really need other true vendors to consider is shipping prices by weight when its just one item. Really wanted to try Hairveda Shakkai oil and it was beyond irritating having to pay $7 shipping for 1 item. wont happen again.

FelaShrine

Hattache always gives me a free gift with my orders...a nice, usable free gift. Last time, I received a 4oz sample of the BRB Rhassoul DC; this time I was sent a 4oz jar of APB Butta. I'm pleased.

That's why I got the hairveda oil from them instead of hirveda themselves. Nveer tried the oil but I did remember yall saying hattache is good with samples. here's hoping.

lushlady

The Good: I. GOT. SO. MANY. CONDITIONERS. I have been using up my stash, so I actually have space for all the products I purchased.
The Bad: Wanting to try a new vendor, until I saw they only listed "key ingredients".
The Ugly: Ordering at last minute of the sale, so I know my stuff won't be here for at least a week, maybe two.

Rozlewis

@Rozlewis Hattache sells Bee Mine products and have a 20% off cyber monday sale

@jamaica68

Awh, thanks. I just saw this message so I missed the sale at Hattache. Truth be told I did not need anything but I am still mad about the shipping cost. I am still waiting for Bee Mine to respond to my message. I would be grateful if she would take my order with the 40% off and adjust the cost of shipping. There I go dreaming again.

naturalyogini

Still waiting for paypal to refund my Sarenzo money. I sent PP an e-mail admonishing them for taking so long and telling them they need to sanction Sarenzo for violating customer rights since this is not the first time a dispute/claim has been lodged against them. Either sanction them or kick them off of paypal.

Ajna

So far my experience has been really good this year. I really did not order a lot but all three vendors (Bee Mine, Hattache and Beautifully Bamboo). I received my items from Beautifully Bamboo and Hattache and my Bee Mine order should arrive by Saturday.

My only challenge is the Miellie supplements have a cracked coating which is weird so I will be sending those back.

jamaica68

If that would have had that disclaimer at the top of their site when I ordered, I wouldn't have placed an order at all tbh. They haven't even packed up my order, no telling when they will actually ship. Should've gotten something from Hattache

I ordered from Hattache, Alikay Naturals & Qhemet; Alikay Naturals is the only one outstanding.

NappyKinks

THE GOOD:
- I finally get to try Obia Naturals, Karen's Beautiful and Alikay Naturals.

- I finally scored some much needed 16oz products from Darcy's Botanicals

- I've received shipping info for half of my purchases.

THE AWESOME:
- I had decided to pass on the Jakeala BF sale (40% off and all; I know, I know:hammer:) to try some new vendors. To my surprise the coupon code I had entered on Friday was still in my etsy cart and still valid, soooo I took it as a sign and checked out right quick.:biggrin:

THE BAD:
- I didn't get any Honey's Handmade J.Monique's Naturals nor Hairvda. :(. I had to make an executive decision. I'm gonna use up my current stash of these before buying anything new. Besides, I usually purchase from these vendors throughout the year so I'll jump on their next good sale.

- Ynobe Shop is CLOSING!!:thud: Well according to the email only the retail store is closing but wholesale products will remain in production. Needless to say I had to score some of my HG products before they're all gone.:cry4:

-RIDONKULOUS SHIPPING !!! :handslap:when shipping completely negates your discount.:hot:

THE UGLY:
- Nothing yet. I hope everything continues run smoothly.:happydance:

Last edited:

NappyKinks

Update. . .

THE GOOD:
-
Recieved my KBB order today

THE BAD:
- I didn't receive all of my KBB order, still waiting on a few products

THE UGLY:
- Just opened my Super Duper Hydrating Hair Cream and found not only is the product 6.7oz (which I already knew and still don't understand why 6.7oz and not the standard 8oz, smh) but the jar is no where near full (settling my a-s-s, it looks like someone scooped out a third of the producto_O). Worst of all there's a short curly hair on the underside of the white protective film just above the product :cantlook::barf:. I guess it could be worse, the hair could be in the jar instead of above it.:ohwell: :nono:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
The A Team:
Hattache and NaturalSis72. I'll sum it up in three words. SHIPPING ON POINT!

The Good:

Beautifully Bamboo, Pretty Anntoinet's, Silky Wraps, and Qhemet Biologics. Also, I ordered from My Loux, on Monday, and received it yesterday. It just showed up, unannounced and everything!

The Bad:
Bee Mine. Ugh! Why did they ship my package UPS Surepost? :nono2: This means that UPS will hand my stuff over to USPS. There's no telling when I'll receive it :rolleyes:

The Ugly:
My Honey Child and Brushlove.com. Ladies, listen. I don't like it when a vendor creates a shipping label and my stuff doesn't move. These vendors created shipping labels on the 1st and 2nd. Why do the tracking #'s still say "Pre-Shippment Info Sent to USPS?" Today is the 5th. I'm starting to get :angry2:

Vendors, when I check my AfterShip app, I like to see Acceptance. This takes the heat off of you! This makes any frustration, irritation and/or annoyance shift to the shipping agent i.e. Fed Ex, UPS, or USPS. So, don't create a label, if you don't plan on shipping it within the next 24 hrs :look:

TBD: Charles Page Apparel

athenat

The Good: their super fast shipping and tons of free samples!!
The Bad and The Ugly: Soultanicals and their crappy shipping and rude customer service. My first and last order.
I ordered from Soultanicals and got shipping sent on Wednesday, ordered on Black Friday....