Black Hair Care Myths

hope5506

Black Women can't grow long hair.....
(Our hair grows just like any other race... but we are more prone to breakage so we do not get to always see to the growth ...Key is learning how to retain length.....straight hair, natural oils produced by scalp slides easily down the shaft, but on curly or kinky hair, it must work its way down and around each bend and corner. This explains why typically, black women have such dry hair. Also, at every bend in the hair there is a stress point, a potential for breakage )

You have to be natural not relaxed to grow hair....
( Not true...I'm relaxed and there are women with hair that is way longer than mine and they are relaxed as well..The key is proper care...)

Greasing scalp helps hair growth and stops dandruff....
(grease and heavy oils on scalp clog pores and stunts hair growth....We need Natural oils..Coconut is my favorite...very light and moisturizing)

Dirty Hair = Growth.......
(Yep it sure does....Fungus and bacteria....lol)

Dry hair is damaged by too-frequent washing....
(Hair is more likely to be damaged if it's left too long between washes. Not washing can cause the scalp's natural oil to be blocked, and unable to lubricate the hair shaft. As a result, hair can become dry and brittle. Things that damage hair include bleaching, coloring, styling and brushing when wet.)

Sleeping with wet hair causes scalp fungus...
(Scalp or fungal diseases can’t be caught from sleeping with wet scalps. Scalp infections require prior involvement with infected sources such as humans, tainted hair care tools or animals)

You can repair split ends...
( Hate to tell you this but you can only temporally mend them, Only way to get rid of split ends is by trimming them)

Cutting your hair makes your hair grow......( False........growth comes from the scalp not the ends of your hair..Cutting your hair does not affect its normal biologically determined growth rate or overall texture...Please get rid of your scissor happy beauticians ..every black women worst enemy)

song_of_serenity

I know she didn't list a source, but unless she said "Hey, y'all, look what I came up with" some of the responses were a bit harsh?
Bot? Sure...I mean, I checked the posting history and only posts, not responses...who knows...
~*Janelle~*

that_1_grrrl

There was nothing harsh about any of the posts. If you do not cite your sources, it's plagiarism which is illegal.

There's nothing wrong with calling out a bot that has been spamming this forum.

Austro-Afrikana

There is not much point responding to the OP's posts. They probably don't ever look at their thread again after they post.