Black Hair care products

bellydancer

I do use black hair care products, but I really have to think about it. When I go into the store I check the ingredients because the majority of products have petroleum and/or mineral oil. I happen to love Profectiv BreakFree and a select few other products, but I definitely think twice! When I look at "white" hair care products the last thing I look at is the ingredients. It's just a reflex. I don't do it on purpose. Oh and my friends always tell me not to use white people products beccause they aren't good for black hair so i like proving them wrong. not all black products are bad, but they tend to be a little to expensive for hair products. It's hard to find something .99 cent!!

bellydancer

another thing. some black hair products are too heavy. Grease is too heavy. Some oils are ok. A lot of the hairdressings are too heavy. The white products tend to be too light, but the products that are just "perfect" usually come from the white product side.

sengschick

The Bun Master
I have a few Elasta products, a leave-in and the Breakage Control Serum. That's about it. I've never liked the weight, oil or rx my hair's had to them. They just don't work well for me typically.

Tai

I have a bit of everything in my product line up. I have quite a few professional products from Biolage, TIGI, Kenra, and Sebastian. I love Dominican conditioners. I have some black products like the WGO I just bought, Profectiv, etc. What matters to me is if they work, not if they're for "black" or "white" hair.

Paris Belle

I guess I use a combo of both, I use Motions products, and two hair cremes/grease that are from black hair companies. I also like Dominican products and the "white" products. Personally, I like oils or some type of creme or grease on my scalp, so black hair care products are good for that. But since I use all types of products, I am not prejudiced, I just use what's good or works for my hair..

buffalosoldier

[ QUOTE ]
Tai said:
What matters to me is if they work, not if they're for "black" or "white" hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, when I first cut all my hair off I used paul mitchell products exclusively and I felt like they had been custom made for me. But when I would recommend them to my black friends most would just automatically say 'oh that wont work for me its for whites blah blah blah'
Old habits are hard to break I guess....

A_Christian

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
While some of the "drugstore" "black" products may not be of high quality, I think more of the professional lines like KeraCare, Mizani, and Design Essentials work well on textured hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same. The salon quality products such as KeraCare and Design Essentials work much better for me than the non-salon ones. But I also really like the natural products (oils & butters etc...)