Black Hair...White Salon

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
I only go to supercuts

Trims love it
cuts Love it

I got a super fly short cut in the late 90's and it was banging. I request a black or latino I also request the person sitting in the first 2 chairs.

I only had one okay trim a bit over a year ago but I later found out the woman was dealing with a very sick mother so I let it pass, also I was just learing how to relax my hair so the hair was not straight enough to get it perfect.

Last edited:

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
trim properly? the inside? I'm sorry I'm so confused. Forgive my ignorance.

Its okay.

Yes they dont go over an section more than once or twice. If I say a half inch thats what I get (Yes I've saved a bit of hair and measured it). If they see layers they mention them. They show you what is being cut.

In order to get a proper trim they must hold then hair at a diaganol if the hair is cut in layers or if they see the hair is not all the same length.

They ask you how you typically wear your hair in the front and proceed from there.

Once in 1999 My hair was FULL SL. I went in for a trim and the lady hooked me up and said to me "Now your hair is perfect" The moment I stepped out the door I got nothing but compliments.

brg240

Its okay.

Yes they dont go over an section more than once or twice. If I say a half inch thats what I get (Yes I've saved a bit of hair and measured it). If they see layers they mention them. They show you what is being cut.

In order to get a proper trim they must hold then hair at a diaganol if the hair is cut in layers or if they see the hair is not all the same length.

They ask you how you typically wear your hair in the front and proceed from there.

Once in 1999 My hair was FULL SL. I went in for a trim and the lady hooked me up and said to me "Now your hair is perfect" The moment I stepped out the door I got nothing but compliments.

thank you so much, this is so helpful. what you described is exactly what i want. I was trying to figure out how i was going to trim the layers in my hair.

nicki6

I have gone to a Super Cuts for a few trims. I was happy with the result & price. I flat ironed my hair bone straight before going. I over emphasized how much I wanted cut by showing the stylist with my fingers and the ends of my hair. The thing I love about places like Super Cuts is they keep you facing the mirror! None of that swivel you in the chair business.

HTH

Ditto this post!!

I walked into a Supercuts ere in Houston at 1pm on a Friday and walked out 30 mins later with a perfect layered cut:up:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Need to save some money here...so found I can flat iron my own hair and go to a local Great Clips. They are running a special for cuts for $2.99.

Should be cool.

Lucia

Ditto this post!!

I walked into a Supercuts ere in Houston at 1pm on a Friday and walked out 30 mins later with a perfect layered cut:up:

Yes good point, when you go there you don't wait 1 hour to get just a trim and then have them ask you multiple times what you came in for.

silkii_locks

I go to the salon in Wal-mart and will only let one person cut my hair, she happens to be white. It costs about $12 dollars. No complaints at all.

DarkandLovely

Hey niki6 do you mind if I ask which one did you go to, who did you use, and would you go back? Just asking b/c I'm also in the Houston area and looking for someone to trim my hair in the next couple of months.

nicki6

Hey niki6 do you mind if I ask which one did you go to, who did you use, and would you go back? Just asking b/c I'm also in the Houston area and looking for someone to trim my hair in the next couple of months.

DarkandLovely

I went to the Supercuts in Gulfgate Center (713) 645-9800. The person was Reyna and YES! I will be going back:yep: She did not style my hair at all just cut it. Thirteen bucks and 20 minutes later I was out the door!:eek:

BTW.....my hair in my siggy is her work:thumbsup:

DaiseeDay

I found my regular hairstylist at Fantastic Sams (Super Cuts type place); she's black, but the first few times I went in there a white woman did my hair and I liked it so much I kept going back. After having my reg. stylist do my hair one time I just started requesting her because she knows more about getting my hair straight and she was previously natural so she knows about that too.

ETA: I like going to these types of places rather than a typical black salon, because in my experience they tend to listen better and obviously aren't going to have you in there all day - not to mention the price.

Last edited:

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
mzteaze I went to get a trim at one of the cheaper places twice and the price was the same or higher than a shampoo, cut and flat ironing at a school.