Black Man, Ahmaud Arbery, Shot To Death While Out Jogging

Iwander

So today ahead of tomorrow's opening they are hearing some pretrial motions regarding experts/evidence.
So far judge has ruled that the defense cannot call a use of force expert and cannot mention Ahmaud had THC in his system.

The other things he is considering is
a video showing Amaud dying which the defense wants out

ahmauds prior criminal record which the state wants out and also his mental health history.

Iwander

One juror already dismissed due to her health concerns so was replaced with an alternate so now they have 15 jurors 12 on the panel and then 3 alternates.

Not sure if the alternate is male or female but the dismissed juror was female.

so there are 7 white females 3 white males 1 black male and unknown alternate.

The alternate is also a white female 50 to 60 yrs old.

Also Ahmaud's probation record is out.

Last edited:

Ivonnovi

@Iwander Thank you for keeping us(me) updated. I don't have it in me to stay tuned into this right now.

Between the Jan6 naysay'ers and this, I'm pisssed.

An UNARMED Black man can't run down the street w/o being gunned down under suspicion of burgulary/larceny and during an attmeped citizens arrest; yet YT folks can barge into the YT House with all kinds of weapons, including tazers, and violently confront police and ....folks try to protect them. SMDH

Last edited:

Iwander

Judge ruled the body cam police video showing the officer trying to render aid abd Ahmaud gasping for air is out.

The THC use is out unless the defense can bring on an expert to say THC would of made Ahmaud aggressive.

Jury scheduled to be sworn in in the morning and opening statement supposed to start 9am est

Iwander

State just finished their open...I thought she did a good job.. she had some trouble with her audio/visuals but the messages she wanted to get across were clear. they are in a short recess before the defense goes

Iwander

So there was a lawyer fight over the state mentioning the gap between the murder and tge arrest. Apparently they had previously agreed not to mention that.
Now we are breaking for lunch then will hear opening for Travis McMichael.

Iwander

The defense was denied a use of force expert that attorney tried to be slick with that officer. I see what you did.

Iwander

There's a lot of lawyer fighting in this trial. So far all the witnesses have been police or crime scene techs. There's a lot that's not allowed to be said due to them trying all 3 defendants together.
The judge is getting frustrated and today had to take a break from the fighting lawyers after basically thing them to knock it off.

Iwander

He said what he meant, and he meant what he said!! .... AND NOW WE KNOW FO'SHO! He and his clients should be behind bars!!!!!
Between this and the Oscar worthy Kyle Rittenhouse performance I just can"t. And his judge is a piece of work too so obviously pro defense. I bet that kid will walk. The state case was presented so poorly and just about every witness was for Kyle even the ones they called.

Iwander

Roddy Bryan's lawyer is just.....that half baked apology he could of kept talking about someone asked him to do it.
.Then trying to make it seem like his client is slow, stupid, too scared and incompetent.
He's just not likeable.
His client made a decision that day to insert himself where he had no business. He got himself into trouble.

Iwander

So fat today the defense moved for a mistrial based on Jessie Jackson being in the court room and a member of Ahmaud family crying after a picture of him was shown. It's the picture we've all seen that's a little older of him with his hat on and smiling.
Of course the objection came from Attirney Goff or however irs spelled who is counsel for Roddy Bryan.
They are at lunch currently.

Iwander

They showed a frame by frame of the Roddy video of over 1000 images taken from the video. So hard to watch. I got a little teary. If I was his mom I couldn't watch that over and over. God bless her.

• Sad
Reactions: Nay

Iwander

Courts done for the day
Mr. Goofy Goff is such an idiot. He is an embarrassment.
They showed some pretty graphic pics today. The size of those shotgun blasts, the holes in his shirt, his white shirt turned completely red by all the blood loss and a pic of his body in the street. It's just all so surreal and sad to me.

demlew

I listened to a segment on NPR where on Veteran's Day, the judge asked if there were any veterans in the courtroom and if they would stand. It turns out one of the defense witnesses (an expert on deadly force) was a vet so he stood and the judge made everybody in the courtroom clap for him.

Most legal experts found it egregious (as did I) bc the jury might be biased and see this witness as being more credible just because he's former military.

This judge is nuts.

Ivonnovi

As a Black Female Veteran who's had to exercise restraint regarding Deadly Force; I can very well see how that 95% White Juror's perspective could be skewed by the presence of the White Male Veteran who is testifying on behalf of the White defendants. ESPECIALLY when the Def. Team doesn't want BLACK PASTORS present at the trial.

My math might be off but I'm sure the point is valid.

Iwander

This judge imo has been very fair and its still in the states case.
He didn't allow the defense to call a use of force expert they tried to get it in through the states witness and that line of questioning was very minimal.

naturalgyrl5199

This is the whole argument.
He thinks he's slick where around 3:30 he states A juror will be influenced instead of saying the jury..We all know he is referring to the one black person on the jury.
unbelievable
I found this to be disgusting and disrespectful. The NAACP really should speak out about this. Every black WHOMEVER BLM included should speak out about how disgusting this man is.

Iwander

State has rested its case.

But let me tell you how much of an idiot Attorney Goeff is. He is attorney for Roddey Bryan

So they had special Agent from the GBI on the stand and he had taken and recorded some drone video of yhe path of each person down the various streets.

So Attorney Goofey gets up and asks the agent how he was controlling the drone. Then the agent says I don't have any controllers the state is playing the video. So he's like so of I ask you to recreate what we just saw you couldn't. Long story short Goofey thought the prosecutor was flying the drone from the courthouse lol
They were looking at him so confused before she finally said it's a recorded video, you can replay any parts you want. I laughed so hard. imma find a clip of that.

Then Goofey tried to say that at one point Ahmaud was chasing Roddy and the GBI special agent did a great job of shutting that down.

Now Goofey decided at the start of his case NOT to give an opening statement so tomorrow we may have to sit through his opening statement before the defense starts its case.

It was a tough day with the ME and just seeing his clothes saturated in blood plus the pictures especially the frame by frame ones showing his injuries. I won't elaborate because it's so graphic and hard to look at but poor Ahmaud, he did not deserve what they did to him for simply looking at an unfinished house.

I don't want the city to burn if a not guilty comes back but for this case I just might change my mind after hearing all the evidence especially the parts that aren't going to be allowed in like Travis McMichael standing over AhmUd and saying F word n word.