Black Man, Ahmaud Arbery, Shot To Death While Out Jogging

Jmartjrmd

Of course mo arrests or charges as of now. This video affected me deeply. Why does this keep happenon?? #sad

Stay Updated on Developing Stories

Live TV
Video posted online as DA says case of Georgia man who was chased and killed will go to grand jury
By Angela Barajas, Amir Vera and Steve Almasy, CNN
Updated 9:04 AM EDT, Wed May 06, 2020

Brunswick, Georgia(CNN)The fatal shooting of a black man -- apparently recorded on video in February and posted online Tuesday by a local radio station host -- will go to a grand jury in coastal Georgia, according to a district attorney.

Elements of the disturbing video are consistent with a description of the shooting given to police by one of those involved in the incident.

Ahmaud Arbery, 25, was jogging in a neighborhood outside Brunswick on February 23 when a former police officer and his son chased him down, authorities said. According to a Glynn County Police report, Gregory McMichael later told officers that he thought Arbery looked like a person suspected in a series of recent break-ins in the area.

Last edited:

Always~Wear~Joy

ARRESTED. Finally :angry2:

GBI arrests father, son for murder of Ahmaud Arbery

Updated: 8:21 PM EDT May 7, 2020
https://www.wjcl.com/news-team/d447e73b-2985-4f3b-aedb-82e2052cfc93

GLYNN COUNTY, GA —
Above video: Brunswick reaction to killing

Glynn County, GA (May 7, 2020) – On May 7th, 2020, the GBI arrested Gregory McMichael, age 64, and Travis McMichael, age 34, for the death of Ahmaud Arbery. They were both charged with murder and aggravated assault. The McMichaels were taken into custody and will be booked into the Glynn County Jail.

washyohandslildirty

I can’t understand what’s happening on the video. Did the victim run toward the white man to take the gun away from him so that he wouldn’t be shot?

Jmartjrmd

I can’t understand what’s happening on the video. Did the victim run toward the white man to take the gun away from him so that he wouldn’t be shot?
He was jogging in that direction. They confronted him and he was trying to protect himself. The son had the shotgun and shot 3 times. They are trying to say they were making a citizens arrest

But here is a snippet from the news article. I'm sure there are updated ones now that more info is out.

The video was shot by the neighbor who joined in the chase and was released by their former lawyer.

Heres what the article said:
In the video of the shooting Merritt released Tuesday, Arbery is seen jogging down a road as a white pickup truck is stopped in front of him. Arbery runs around the vehicle, and a shot is fired. The video then shows Arbery and another man appearing to tussle as two more shots are fired.

UmSumayyah

So I came across a YouTube video about this. Officer tatum channel (black man) and he was trying to make this whole thing sound like these guys acted rationally. I watched a few more videos on this and came across white (I think mainstream) conservatives saying that they were CLEARLY in the wrong legally and morally and no excuses should be made.

All I could think was how embarrassing to jump out front talking foolishness just because you WISH that racism was a figment of imagination, only to have white conservatives come down on the opposing side.

Jmartjrmd

So I came across a YouTube video about this. Officer tatum channel (black man) and he was trying to make this whole thing sound like these guys acted rationally. I watched a few more videos on this and came across white (I think mainstream) conservatives saying that they were CLEARLY in the wrong legally and morally and no excuses should be made.

All I could think was how embarrassing to jump out front talking foolishness just because you WISH that racism was a figment of imagination, only to have white conservatives come down on the opposing side.
Omg I just watched uncle Tom Tatum. He made my blood boil trying to justify this because Ahmaud has a shoplifting charge on his record.

Jmartjrmd

Piece of an article about why they werent arrested before:

But before Barnhill's recusal, he wrote a separate letter to police saying he believed Gregory and Travis McMichael were within their rights to make a citizen's arrest of Arbery at the time of the shooting.

"It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived. Under Georgia law, this is perfectly legal," Barnhill wrote in an April 2 letter.

Supporters are running 2.23 miles on the birthday of a man killed while jogging

He went on to question whether Arbery could have been responsible for the gunshots by pulling on the shotgun and wrote Travis McMichael "was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself."

While Gregory McMichael claimed Arbery looked like a suspect in a string of recent burglaries, Glynn County Police Lt. Cheri Bashlor told CNN this week just one automobile burglary in the neighborhood was reported when a 9 mm pistol was stolen January 1 from an unlocked truck outside the McMichaels' home.

The owner of a home under construction near the scene of Arbery's February 23 shooting, listed as a victim in the police report, said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on that day.

The homeowner, who declined to share the clips with CNN, said there were previous videos on other occasions showing a man entering the property and stealing fishing tackle but he could not identify the man and he did not file a police report.

Police have yet to clarify whether Arbery is accused of any crime at the unfinished home.

Arbery family attorney S. Lee Merritt said Arbery did nothing that would warrant a citizen's arrest. If Arbery went by a house under construction, Merritt said Thursday, it was, at most, trespassing.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I never knew that CHASING down a 'suspect' was part of making a citizen's arrest. I never knew that just suspecting someone of a crime that is not even in process of happening, is making a legal citizen's arrest. I never knew you could legally just decide to chase down and threaten a person with a gun because you THOUGHT he/she MIGHT have been involved in something a couple of weeks ago. I never knew...cuz if I had known...

:mad::angry2::arguing::censored::darkcloud:

Last edited:

UmSumayyah

I never knew that CHASING down a 'suspect' was part of making a citizen's arrest. I never knew that just suspecting someone of a crime that is not even in process of happening, is making a legal citizen's arrest. I never knew you could legally just decide to chase down and threaten a person with a gun because you THOUGHT he/she MIGHT have been involved in something a couple of weeks ago. I never knew...cuz if I had known...

:mad::angry2::arguing::censored::darkcloud:
Exactly the points these white conservatives are making while I heard Tatum say that they were understandably suspicious of a black guy in their neighborhood.

I don't like to throw the word that begins with a c, ends with an n and has oo in the middle but...

msbettyboop

I'll wait for the white people to find every reason under the sun than racism and start funding their go fund me's.

My friend from Miami went on a walk in his memory and posted pictures on FB and one of her white friends said he doesn't understand why there's not the same outrage when there's black on black crime.

I went there to tear his ass up but my friend already schooled his ass and then another black lady came with the stats regarding "black on black" crime and someone else asked why white serial killers who kill white people and white psychos who shoot up everybody are never referred to as white on white crime.

I wish I could screenshot and post the entire thing here but it's super long. After the discussion, my friend removed him from her friend's list. Wypipo are cray cray.

Belle Du Jour

My friend from Miami went on a walk in his memory and posted pictures on FB and one of her white friends said he doesn't understand why there's not the same outrage when there's black on black crime.

I went there to tear his ass up but my friend already schooled his ass and then another black lady came with the stats regarding "black on black" crime and someone else asked why white serial killers who kill white people and white psychos who shoot up everybody are never referred to as white on white crime.

I wish I could screenshot and post the entire thing here but it's super long. After the discussion, my friend removed him from her friend's list. Wypipo are cray cray.

If anyone ever dared to say anything like that to me in response to something like this, it would be the end of the friendship. Periodt. Is your friends still friends with him?

And yes, I'm truly starting to believe there is some genetic or epigenetic problem with many white people. This is not to justify bad behavior but seriously--I'm starting to think they need a warning label. ***Warning: May kill, pillage, steal and appropriate anyone who is considered a minority. ***

Thousands of years of history have shown how demonic a lot of them are.

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
I too was wondering about why yheguy recording was arrested since without the video the murderers could have lied even more. Did he know the murderers and conspire with them?

ETA: Never mind! I now know why! They can all go straight to jail STAT!

Jmartjrmd

Piece of an article about why they werent arrested before:

But before Barnhill's recusal, he wrote a separate letter to police saying he believed Gregory and Travis McMichael were within their rights to make a citizen's arrest of Arbery at the time of the shooting.

"It appears their intent was to stop and hold this criminal suspect until law enforcement arrived. Under Georgia law, this is perfectly legal," Barnhill wrote in an April 2 letter.

Supporters are running 2.23 miles on the birthday of a man killed while jogging

He went on to question whether Arbery could have been responsible for the gunshots by pulling on the shotgun and wrote Travis McMichael "was allowed to use deadly force to protect himself."

While Gregory McMichael claimed Arbery looked like a suspect in a string of recent burglaries, Glynn County Police Lt. Cheri Bashlor told CNN this week just one automobile burglary in the neighborhood was reported when a 9 mm pistol was stolen January 1 from an unlocked truck outside the McMichaels' home.

The owner of a home under construction near the scene of Arbery's February 23 shooting, listed as a victim in the police report, said his surveillance system captured a man who appeared to be Arbery "coming onto his property" on that day.

The homeowner, who declined to share the clips with CNN, said there were previous videos on other occasions showing a man entering the property and stealing fishing tackle but he could not identify the man and he did not file a police report.

Police have yet to clarify whether Arbery is accused of any crime at the unfinished home.

Arbery family attorney S. Lee Merritt said Arbery did nothing that would warrant a citizen's arrest. If Arbery went by a house under construction, Merritt said Thursday, it was, at most, trespassing.

This video is supposted to be the " crime" he was gunned down for.