Black Man, Ahmaud Arbery, Shot To Death While Out Jogging

Iwander

Today Travis took the stand trying to say he asked nicely for Ahmaud Arbery to stop and talk even going as far as to say he said " please stop" whereas on the body cam he said he told Ahmaud to stop or he'd blow his $%$$ head off.
Also he went through his military training as to why he did what he did. Talked about use of force.
He even tried squeezing out some crocodile tears when he said he thought about his son when he was struggling with the gun, saying Ahmaud overpowered him and he feared for his life.
There was some testimony as well where he and his dad confronted a homeless man under the bridge while he was " investigating" what he was doing there. He pretty much painted him and his dad as wannabe cops.
From the pretrial stuff that came out we know the dad never was caught up on his required training so for 8 or so years he worked he legally did not have the credentials to be working in the capacity that he was.
His testimony was so obviously rehearsed as he kept using legal terms like the totality of the evidence or probable cause or what a reasonable person would do.
I saw Lee Merit speak today and he's Ahmauds moms attorney. He said he isn't happy with the states case but I think they're doing a great job. I'm not a lawyer so my perspective is different.
I can't wait to see what Ms. Linda has for Travis tomorrow cause he was fumbling all over his words today. He did throw in there that you can't rely on his statements to police after the shooting because he was too emotional to know what he was saying.
Attorney Gough did his opening statement basically his strategy has been to say his client is too uneducated to know what he was doing and you can't take his statements seriously because of that and when he made those statements he didn't have a lWyer helping him. Before today he also was trying to get out that Rodfy was tricked into believing he was just a witness and if it wasn't for him and his video tge state would have no case. He also filed a motion for mistriL ( again) based on Roddy not getting a speedy trial and how hor t inle prison has been for him. Of course that was denied.
I'm sure tomorrow he will file another motion because there is a rally planned right across the street in response to Mt. Goofey saying he didn't want anymore black pastors.
I for one cannot wait to see the rest of the cross of Travis McMichael.

Theresamonet

I totally think Rittenhouse should have been convicted of murder. But it seems that maaany people think that his victims were black. I’m confused about all the people yelling about racism… We live in a white supremacist society, which affects everything, yes. But this is more about our ridiculous self defense and gun laws, which allow killers to walk free, even when it’s white on white crime such as in this case.

Following both cases at the same time is interesting, since both defenses are almost the same. I do think that there will be a conviction in the Arbery case. The prosecutor is actually really good, and has, I believe, clearly established that Arbery was absolutely not an actual threat to his killers. The only thing I’m worried about is that this state of mind defense they are trying to establish will be accepted by the jury. Them carting out every neighbor to say that they were all living in fear of someone stealing tools, is ridiculous to me. But we’ve seen it before, where imaginary fears are determined to be a valid reason to reduce a murder I to a lesser charge.

Gin&Tonic

I totally think Rittenhouse should have been convicted of murder. But it seems that maaany people think that his victims were black. I’m confused about all the people yelling about racism… We live in a white supremacist society, which affects everything, yes. But this is more about our ridiculous self defense and gun laws, which allow killers to walk free, even when it’s white on white crime such as in this case.

Following both cases at the same time is interesting, since both defenses are almost the same. I do think that there will be a conviction in the Arbery case. The prosecutor is actually really good, and has, I believe, clearly established that Arbery was absolutely not an actual threat to his killers. The only thing I’m worried about is that this state of mind defense they are trying to establish will be accepted by the jury. Them carting out every neighbor to say that they were all living in fear of someone stealing tools, is ridiculous to me. But we’ve seen it before, where imaginary fears are determined to be a valid reason to reduce a murder I to a lesser charge.
They were protesting the death of a black person. They are being punish as N*** lovers. This is indeed about racism.

Nay

I'm so sad in my spirit over Rittenhouse getting acquitted on all charges. I knew that it might turn out this way, but I was hoping by some miracle that that little pig faced loser would be found guilty on some of the charges.

If the Aubrey family does not get the justice they deserve, I really don't know what to feel anymore. I hate the white justice system :cry3:

Theresamonet

They were protesting the death of a black person. They are being punish as N*** lovers. This is indeed about racism.

Did you watch the trial? If not, that’s the problem with a lot of the commentary I’ve seen today. If you have, let me remind you that one of the victims was at the protest calling folks the N-word.

Richards showed the jury a clip that depicts Rosenbaum taunting others on the night of his death.

"Shoot me," Rosenbaum says in the video before adding the N-word. He then says the same phrase, ending it again with the N-word. "Bust on me for real," he then says.

A little more than a minute later, while referring to the clip, Richards repeated Rosenbaum's words in the video, including the two instances of Rosenbaum saying the N-word.

Just because these white men were at a BLM protest without an AK-15, doesn’t mean they were allies of the black community. All kinds of people show up to these protests for various reasons. Often it’s just to witness and be part of a spectacle.

One victim (not the n-word hurler) is involved in an anti gov/anti police group. A lot of these types come out for BLM protests. They don’t actually care about black lives, they just hate the police/laws.

All 3 victims also have serious criminal histories, which include child molestation, rape, burglary, domestic battery (strangulation), drunk driving, and more. I strongly doubt these 3 deviants were there for any moral cause. They’re just attracted to chaos like moths to flames.

They were murdered by Rittenhouse though.

Last edited:

Evolving78

Did you watch the trial? If not, that’s the problem with a lot of the commentary I’ve seen today. If you have, let me remind you that one of the victims was at the protest calling folks the N-word.

Just because these white men were at a BLM protest without an AK-15, doesn’t mean they were allies of the black community. All kinds of people show up to these protests for various reasons. Often it’s just to witness and be part of a spectacle.

One victim (not the n-word hurler) is involved in an anti gov/anti police group. A lot of these types come out for BLM protests. They don’t actually care about black lives, they just hate the police/laws.

All 3 victims also have serious criminal histories, which include child molestation, rape, burglary, domestic battery (strangulation), drunk driving, and more. I strongly doubt these 3 deviants were there for any moral cause. They’re just attracted to chaos like moths to flames.

They were murdered by Rittenhouse though.
I agree! I definitely see it as all of this being caught up in the BLM protests and that’s what is more disturbing.

Nay

I'm just irritated that white people get away with their crimes period. When I used to volunteer at a juvenile prison, 99.8 percent of the young men and women serving time were Black or Hispanic. I know damn well that Caucasian youth are committing crimes too, but they never seem to get punished for them.

yamilee21

I'm just irritated that white people get away with their crimes period. When I used to volunteer at a juvenile prison, 99.8 percent of the young men and women serving time were Black or Hispanic. I know damn well that Caucasian youth are committing crimes too, but they never seem to get punished for them.
Right; it isn’t so much justice for Rittenhouse’s victims as the obvious and constant lack of justice for non-white people who are accused of crimes, the instant criminalization of black children, etc. This murderer… the rapist who just got probation… the drunk driver who killed 4 people… young white men brazenly get away with egregious crimes over and over again, while black youths have their lives destroyed over misdemeanors, mere accusations or nothing at all.

The other issue is that vigilantes are going to be even more emboldened now. Between this, and the likelihood that the Supreme Court is going to allow concealed carry everywhere, overriding state laws, any random Trumper can show up without any justification anywhere people they don’t like are gathered, start shooting and claim “self-defense.” As if there weren’t enough mass shootings in the U.S., now a potential mass shooter can pick any demonstration or rally, claim they saw a disturbance, and blast away, in the guise of “helping” law enforcement. These gun maniacs are so intent on expanding the second amendment, so it can be used to suppress the first amendment.

Theresamonet

In general, I agree with what ya’ll are saying. But ultimately, this case wasn’t about us. This was about white v. white. The takeaway here is that the justice system likes Kyle Rittenhouse white, better than they like child molester, burglar white. Expecting white people to not use the laws they created to protect themselves, to—protect (the version of) themselves (that they embrace), is a bit naive. The crying and moaning and negro spiritual singing that black folks are doing right now, because we didn’t get to see one white man get the black treatment is silly to me, because… we just saw 3 white victims get the black treatment. Lmao. Why do people not realize that?

Iwander

State gave their closing and I though she did an amazing job. She went through each ctimr the defendants committed and explained how it applies to the law.
She went through why it wasn't a citizens arrest according to the law and went through each element
She went through self defense and how Travis McMichael was the aggrezdoe even if you believe Ahmaud grabbed the gun.
She went through how Travis made up details he never said before and called him a liar
She went through what she thought the defense would say and pointed out how their version is false.
I thought it was great.
They are in a 15 min recess before defense #1 does their closing.
Great Job Linda!
Tha k God this chest was passed down to an unbiased prosecutor.

Iwander

True to form Attorney Gough asked for mistrial before his closing because the black panthers are outside with a coffin with the defendants names on it.

Iwander

All 3 defense attorneys have finished their closing
Linda wants all 2 hours for her rebuttal
They are going to ask the jurors what they'd like to do
Jury will get the case tomorrow morning

Iwander

So state will give their rebuttal in the morning. The jury will get instructions and then they get the case.
And correction on the coffin..it had the names of other black people killed unarmed and not the defendants as Attorney Gough said.

I know it's her job but the Greg McMichael team really went after Ahmaud painting him as a criminal...even went as far as to reference his baggy clothes, no socks and his dirty toenails which was a question they asked of the medical examiner. She was saying how he looked so innocent in that picture with the baseball cap but then said he made bad choices and was going down the wrong path as an adult. I thought it was a very sly way of saying he had a cri.inal path without actually saying it because that was excluded from being discussed in this case. She also said he wasn't just an innocent person jogging through the neighborhood.
I think Gough said there's no evidence he jogged through that neighborhood.
Ahmauds mom was done after the no socks and dirty toenail comment and left the court.

Iwander

Here is the clip of the old hag talking about Ahmaud. After she made that comment about his toe nails you can hear his mom say Wow before she left. Like I said she backdoor her way into making Ahmaud a shady character when his past wrongdoings were not to be evidence in this case.

On court TV they made a point I didn't consider that this mostly women, all white women jury, would relate to her closing because she tLked about the community protecting each other from intruders. Translation "scary" black men. One of those attorneys did call Ahmaud scary today.

Last edited:

Everything Zen

^^^ I can’t watch but I often imagine in these cases that if I were to die in strange racist circumstances how my character could potentially be assassinated in the media and in the court and I get depressed because it has happened before.

Once I was so shocked by witnessing what happened to someone I knew who went to court for a felony expungement hearing- the entire court room was shocked (including the judge) that I had a seizure in open court. Apparently, the prosecutor asked if I was a drug addict (probably because I was black and very thin) and had the bailiffs search me for drugs before administering medical aid.

This type of malignant legal behavior especially when the person is deceased is completely unethical and should be grounds for a mistrial.

naturalgyrl5199

What do his toenails have to do with anything? :mad:
His mother walked out when this was said.
They just want to paint him as a scary black man.

They also hinted at the fact that him going for the gun (when it was brandished) was HIS mistake. Like he should just let them shoot him or detain him.

He didn't know WHO these guys were. They could have been sick cult members offering to eat him or offer him as a sacrifice. If I was prosecution I would have mentioned that. I would mention that ANYONE who saw these crazies chasing them would have a natural instinct to RUN LIKE HELL. I would hammer that down. I would mention that for some reason these white men saw themselves as the law and that average black people should harken and bow down to a random white man's "implicit" authority....Then I'd ask the jury...what year is it? I'd hammer down...these were average white ppl this guy had NO IDEA who they were.

fluffyforever

They just want to paint him as a scary black man.

They also hinted at the fact that him going for the gun (when it was brandished) was HIS mistake. Like he should just let them shoot him or detain him.

He didn't know WHO these guys were. They could have been sick cult members offering to eat him or offer him as a sacrifice. If I was prosecution I would have mentioned that. I would mention that ANYONE who saw these crazies chasing them would have a natural instinct to RUN LIKE HELL. I would hammer that down. I would mention that for some reason these white men saw themselves as the law and that average black people should harken and bow down to a random white man's "implicit" authority....Then I'd ask the jury...what year is it? I'd hammer down...these were average white ppl this guy had NO IDEA who they were.
She mentioned it today a bit asking the jury where was the empathy for Ahmaud as they were chasing him in their trucks and pointing a gun at him. But she could have drove that point in harder. I think overall she is doing a great job though and is focusing more on the actions of the killers than in what Amaud.