Black Man, Ahmaud Arbery, Shot To Death While Out Jogging

Keen

I'm telling ya'll---if certain activists had not tracked these men down...we wouldn't have even known Ahmaud's name. They were protected by both the local police and the District Attorney (who has been arrested) had protected them and lied to his mother--who also had NO IDEA who'd murdered her son.
I haven't been following the case closely so forgive me if this has been discussed. I can't bear to watch too much of these racially charge injustices. I get so upset.

Was the DA arrested because of the mishandling of this case? They need to take away his ability to practice law

naturalgyrl5199

I haven't been following the case closely so forgive me if this has been discussed. I can't bear to watch too much of these racially charge injustices. I get so upset.

Was the DA arrested because of the mishandling of this case? They need to take away his ability to practice law
She obstructed justice.

Iwander

It wasn't just her it was 3 DA offices before it got to the one that prosecuted this case.

Greg McMichael actually called Jackie Johnson from the scene and again from jail after they were finally arrested 74 days later once the video was leaked to the public asking her for her help. Jackie Johnson told the police officers at the scene not to arrest the McMichaels that day. Greg used to work in the DAS office with her.

The second DA got information from Jackie Johnson on how to answer police questions and then wrote a letter saying he didn't see any reason to arrest them.

Jmartjrmd

Thank goodness. I've been following this case since I learned about it but life didn't let me come in and discuss it with you ladies. Trial discussions are some of my favorite threads!
Ahmaud, I hate what happened to you and it should of never happened. You've been running for so long now you get to rest. I've prayed for justice for you for so long. Of course it won't bring you back but at least 3 men are being held responsible as they should. God bless your mom and dad for continuing to fight for you. Your family showed such strength in the face of this unthinkable tragedy. Rest in peace angel.

Jmartjrmd

I saw that! What made me sad was during his mom's victim impact she made reference to his toenails. I wish she wouldn't of given that nonsense a platform.

Judge said the McMichEls showed no remorse especially when they turned their backs on Ahmaud after they killed him and that your neighbors and treating them with kindness and respect extends beyond people immed6surrounding you.
He said the murder was callous and expressed his disgust for what those 3 fools did.
He was a good and fair judge.

Jmartjrmd

The McMichaels withdrew their guilty pleasure in the federal hate crime case after Ahmauds parents rejected the plea deal that would of allowed the McMichael to serve the first 30 years of their sentence in federal prison. My understanding of plea deals is the family doesn't really have a say but I'm sure they had an impact on the judges decision to not accept the terms of the plea so they go to trial next week.
No cameras allowed in federal court so we will have to get second hand accounts on what goes on.

PatDM'T

I haven't watched
American Idol in
a few years but
came across this
powerful audition and
just had to share