Black Owned Beauty Suppliers -- Directory

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

@tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT As people add to the thread, you may want to update the original post with the listings. It would make it much easier for people to find local listings.
yeah... that's why i blocked off the first few posts, but not many BSS stores so far -- trying to keep with Tamster 's boycott operation

really REALLY trying to locate the most popular products and pinpoint BBSS for easy access

kandiekj100

I couldn't find anything for Tampa. That was very disappointing. Maybe someone in the area can find and contribute something.

Ogoma

Does anyone know if Freestyle in the DC area (Alexandria, VA to be exact) is a black owned store? They have quite a few of the natural hair brands - Qhemets, Uncle Funky's Daughter, Curl Junkie, Curls, Mixed Chicks, Miss Jessies - as well as so many other brands. I believe they have a huge wall of hair and quite a few electronic and other hair supplies. A really big store. I always leave that store with much more than I went in for. I always thought it was owned by an Ethopian/Ethiopian-American family just because of the people always working at the front desk (customer service is an issue, but they are not rude just really cold :nono:) and kids that seemed to be helping out stocking shelves.

If anyone has a direct contact to the suppliers mentioned above, they might know if they are dealing with a black owned business or not.

tnorenberg

Here is another for the Atlanta , GA area:

PD&K Beauty Supply
611-B Holcomb Bridge Rd.
Roswell, GA 30076

www.pdkbeauty.com

678-720-5879

Owners: Press & Dianna Lane

They are very good people and carry a lot of lines for both relaxed and natural hair and my weave hair.

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
@[URL="http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=15357" said:
tnorenberg[/URL];14647861]Here is another for the Atlanta , GA area:

PD&K Beauty Supply
611-B Holcomb Bridge Rd.
Roswell, GA 30076

www.pdkbeauty.com

678-720-5879

Owners: Press & Dianna Lane

They are very good people and carry a lot of lines for both relaxed and natural hair and my weave hair.

I just called here to see if they carried the hair I want to buy and the gentleman was very nice. They are going to order what I want for me and it's gonna be $20.00 cheaper than the Asian store I usually go to.

Last edited:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
I've been seeing these adds on t.v. for a while now. I have not visited this store. However, I just contacted and verified that this is a black owned business.

American Wigs and Fashions
Specializes in Wigs, Lace Wigs and Silk Tops. 7 - 8 rooms of wigs.

2480 Windy Hill RD S.E.
Marietta, GA 30067
Phone: 770-319-8869
www.americanwigsandfashions.com/

CrissieD

Classy Girl BSS
3100 Commercial Blvd
Fort Lauderdale Fl

Sent from my Super Kewl EVO... Please blame the phone for the typos

Amcd

Have you ordered from them before because I've been holding out forever to buy Dudley's DRC from a black-owned BSS and they carry it!

I've ordered from them on a couple of occasions. I have had good service from them.

Nina44

For Atlanta folks:

All-N-1 Beauty Supplies, Inc.
2065 Campbellton Road SW
Atlanta, GA 30311-4803
(404) 752-9183
(this one also has a website)

Abbey Beauty Supply
2667 Powder Spring Rd Suite 120
Marietta, GA 30064
678-567-1866