Black owned BSS - Directory

LondonDiva

Has this been done already?
Mods If not is it possible to make it a sticky for global addresses of BLACK owned BSS in our areas? And any additional info of hard to find products that they may carry.

LONDON, UK
Nubian Jack
Thornton Heath High Street (Opposite Tesco)
Streatham 183 Streatham High Road
Croydon 57 London Road West Croydon

Peckham Yinka Bodyline 129 Rye Lane Peckham (I get my 5lb tube of Lye Affirm relaxer from here for around £22 - no licence needed to purchase)
Peckham Juliets 120 Rye Lane Peckham

Studio_gal

LondonDiva said:
Has this been done already?
Mods If not is it possible to make it a sticky for global addresses of BLACK owned BSS in our areas? And any additional info of hard to find products that they may carry.

LONDON, UK
Nubian Jack
Thornton Heath High Street (Opposite Tesco)
Streatham 183 Streatham High Road
Croydon 57 London Road West Croydon

Peckham Yinka Bodyline 129 Rye Lane Peckham (I get my 5lb tube of Lye Affirm relaxer from here for around £22 - no licence needed to purchase)
Peckham Juliets 120 Rye Lane Peckham

Good thread LD

I didn't realise Juliets was black-owned. I thought they just had loads of black staff as a front!
In that case they have another branch at:-
Tooting Broadway Juliets 110 Mitcham Lane opposite Smith Bros.

I will post the Ghanaian owned one in Tooting later....

LondonDiva

Cocothekitten said:
Good thread LD

I didn't realise Juliets was black-owned. I thought they just had loads of black staff as a front!
In that case they have another branch at:-
Tooting Broadway Juliets 110 Mitcham Lane opposite Smith Bros.

I will post the Ghanaian owned one in Tooting later....

Girl you know Indians and Africans keep business in the family. You ever seen Indians pay us when they could be paying their mother, brother, uncle, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, cousin.

Crissi

Birmingham

Juliet's Hair & Beauty Products

Unit 20, One Stop Retail Park, Walsall Rd, Perry Barr, Birmingham, West Midlands B42 1AA
Tel: 0121 331 4057
Juliet's Hair & Beauty Products

84-86, Smallbrook Queensway, Birmingham, West Midlands B5 4EG

Tel: 0121 643 4888

ETA:
-Amy's under the palasades ramp, its a few doors away from Hatman
-Theres also oneone the way into china town, facing the big ol win yip supermarket (you know the supermarket kinda facing legs 11)
-And snoops better days barber on grove lane in handsworth facing Lloyds TSB, he sells quite a few products
-TZ on the top half of soho road, facing flava flame food shop
-Theone a few doors down from russels (in lozells)...i forgot what its called but im sure its black owned...i'll add more as i go along

Last edited:

Crissi

LondonDiva said:
Girl you know Indians and Africans keep business in the family. You ever seen Indians pay us when they could be paying their mother, brother, uncle, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, auntie, cousin.

:lachen: :lol: ..you know you cant forget there cousin brother...

Studio_gal

LondonDiva said:

True. Very true:lachen:

Angelicus

Black owned BSS in Nashville TN

S&E Beauty Supply
2275 Mufreesboro Road, Suite 106
(Mt. Zion Baptist Church Plaza, across the street from Nashboro Village)
Antioch, TN 37013
615-366-8001

Mon-Fri 930a-830p
Sat 9a-830p
Sun-Closed

Nic_Cali

Universal Beauty Supply <--------Black Owned
4793 Telegraph Ave
Oakland, CA 94609
(510) 601-5914
*Salon quality products Keracare, Joico, Paul Mitchells, etc...if you are looking for IC hair polisher this beauty supply store wouldn't have it....don't quote me though....all I saw was salon approved products when I bought my Keracare which was 26.50 for the tub of Humecto :p .
Bay area ladies please do not all go there at once...she will then jack up the price...

*KP*

I just watched the Aron Ranen documentary. I'm a bit upset that Pak have sooooooooo many stores, kind of makes me want to open a BSS

The #1 black hair magazine owned at suppliers is written entirely in Korean!! wow