1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/upcoming-maintenance-upgrade.849785/
    Dismiss Notice

Black Woman And Child Being Terrorized By Neighbors

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by Kanky, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Kanky

Kanky Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The police have refused to help her.

https://abc7ny.com/6314156/

VALLEY STREAM, Long Island (WABC) -- A single mother on Long Island says she is the target of ongoing threats and racist harassment at her home.

Jennifer McLeggan a registered nurse, owns a home on Sapir St. in Valley Stream. She claims a man has been throwing feces and dead squirrels in her yard.

McLeggan says she has video of him committing the acts, and he as allegedly threatened her saying she can, 'be erased.'

McLeggan moved into the home two and a halfyears ago. Her suburban dream quickly turned into a nightmare when her next door neighbors, who are white, made it clear she as not welcomed. The single mom claims it began with harassment over her yard.

"I bought the property when I was pregnant and, this is the truth, the property was in bad shape. I'm trying my best to make every effort to clean the property. I've done my best to clean the property. I mow the lawn, when there's snow out here I'm shoveling the snow by myself," McLeggan said, "I'm doing what I can to keep the property clean. I kept on noticing dog feces. I kept on noticing ticket ordinances from the Valley Stream Village town. I keep getting tickets. I keep seeing dog feces. I installed a camera here. I caught my neighbor throwing dog feces in front of my property. I took that video to court and I won a judgment."

McLeggan has posted signs outside her home detailing the aggression in case she is harmed. Her neighbors are now gathering around her, refusing to let her be pushed out.

"In case something happens to me here, then somebody would know I'm in the house with a baby. If I die in here, at least cops would see the sign," McLeggan said.

On Sunday, Nassau County detectives were investigating. McLeggan says she has photos of her neighbors with a gun in a black face mask in the middle of the night, spitting on her property.

Erica Coreas says she, too was harassed when she first moved in, but not to this level.

"We're just trying to give her as much love and support as we can," Coreas said.

The neighbors have now rallied behind McLeggan. The goal now is for the mother and her toddler to live in peace. McLeggan fears police have their hands tied.

Kalia1, FierceFeminist, SoniT and 3 others like this.
  2. LivingInPeace

LivingInPeace Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Albums:
    See. This is that bull. And then they tell us, "Why are you playing the race card?" "Why do you have to make everything about race?" "I've never seen any racism." "Are you sure it happened that way?"

3. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
    I don't understand from the story why the police's hands are tied if she's got a judgement against the dude. It seems like a restraining order shouldn't be a problem and the cameras should pick up repeat behavior.

I realize everyone has different sensibilities but at this point she needs to get on whatever list she needs to and buy a gun and watch some youtube firing tutorials. If somebody who has already proved hostile brandishes a gun, then you have to assume they intend to use it at some point. While I get the sentiment of letting everybody know that if something goes down to go look directly for xyz person, ain't no way I wouldn't have something waiting on they :moon: if they come through. If I gotta go out, I'm trying my best to take the assailant with me.

4. CarefreeinChicago

CarefreeinChicago Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I saw this and watched the videos he’s trying to intimidate her, I hope her and her child are not harmed.

Kalia1, Kanky and urbanchic like this.
  5. Kanky

Kanky Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Yes, she needs to buy a gun immediately and learn how to use it. A shotgun for home defense and a handgun. Maybe a large dog or two. Even if she can't afford the to train dogs for defense they can provide early warning. This is the craziest situation and I don't know why folks on twitter are calling for protests like that will help her situation. They'd be better off starting a go fund me to raise money for her to buy a house elsewhere. :ohwell:

CurlyNiquee, Zuleika, kxlot79 and 5 others like this.
  6. Crackers Phinn

Crackers Phinn Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

Blog Posts:
    Twitter got one trick and it's "to protest" so no matter what the problem, the answer is protest. Those people out harassing her neighbors at 1 in the afternoon ain't go be nowhere to be found in the middle of the night when these people typically come armed.

7. Reinventing21

Reinventing21 Spreading my wings

Blog Posts:
    I thought Twitter was also good for hunting these racists down and getting them fired.

8. Reinventing21

Blog Posts:
    She needs a major restraining order.

9. Reinventing21

Blog Posts:
    Also, is he receiving major fines/tickets?!! Surely he. an be arrested for trespassing, defacing property...

theRaven, nyeredzi, menina and 3 others like this.
  10. discodumpling

discodumpling Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    This is one town away from my neighborhood. My Aunty & BFF live in Valley Stream.
    I feel like marching...

11. yamilee21

yamilee21 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    For anyone suggesting she get a gun, it is very difficult to legally buy a gun in New York State. Her application would be reviewed by the very same police department that refuses to protect her - it is doubtful that they would approve her application.

urbanchic, vevster, theRaven and 6 others like this.
  12. PhonyBaloney500

PhonyBaloney500 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Wish her community would take turns camping out in front of the door and keeping watch. I’ve seen similar before.

calm_delight, theRaven, Kanky and 2 others like this.
  13. CurlyNiquee

CurlyNiquee Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Scum of the earth.

14. naturalgyrl5199

naturalgyrl5199 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    A brother has made arrangements for other black men to shift on and off and protect her house. There is a protest going on for her as we speak.

Apparently the guy doing it is off his rocker and harasses EVERYONE who purchases that house. There are restraining orders, tickets, fines, etc. But its not just one guy. There are pictures on her twitter of him and another young guy around her home with long rifled guns. Thats literally intimidation. The police really dont see this guy as a threat. She needs to lawyer up and get them into action. No politician or police officer would tolerate any citizen on their property with a gun....but they allow this to happen to citizens. They really will kill her. She needs to be prepared to shoot to kill. I wouldn't hesitate.

15. Lute

Lute Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Is there something in that house... that the harasser is trying to protect?

16. vevster

vevster Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    I don’t understand why this guy is being protected.
    Oh yeah, he’s white.

Ganjababy, Dayjoy and Reinventing21 like this.