Black Women Don't Have Thick Hair

locabouthair

There's a white news reporter that comes on tv in the mornings. Her hair is thin. Not to be mean but a lot of women on this site would put her hair to shame.

Close-minded people with boring lives.......off the topic, but my white so called friends always complain about Obama, like he's the devil.....I'm about to delete them.......don't let those LAMES, bother u......just LAMES........

LongiLox

I am still relatively new....so I don't know where this post would even go. I looked around, and I am still unsure. So If i Put it in the wrong place I apologize.

Now to the point.

I was on facebook just earlier today-Kim Kardashian's fan/profile page. And they had this thread going in the discussion board entitled Light Skin vs. Dark Skin Women.

Now....I know I know....sigh...I wasnt falling for the trap. I just went in to inform the fools that it really is a moot point and has no bearing. (It still drives me crazy people are arguing and getting mad over people and their personal preference. I don't even care.)

But as I was posting that I noticed that this female above me had proclaimed that "Black women do not have thick hair". .....I just sat there reading it like this is ridiculous. :lachen:

Her exact words:

"
and btw, black women do not have thick hair. they get hair extensions and weaves to make their hair appear like ours[My note: She meant ours as in white women]... i don't curl my hair to make it look thicker."

:nono:

And I went from not participating, to nicely explaining to her about black women and our hair. About the varieties in textures, and how we do in fact have thick hair. She was just misinformed...the poor girl...

I probably will send her a link to LHCF, and all the other sites and youtube channels. Show her that yes indeed, we have thick hair. And we do not all wear weaves and extensions all the time. sigh. Thank God for this community, because outside of LHCF, nappturality, fotki, and youtube....I think I might have been banging my head against the wall.:wallbash:

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent

-Saving the world one uninformed person at a time....-

Please do not send her back here. Once they find out about this place, they will try anything to destroy it. Especially jealous hating women like that.

*Muffin*

Oh heck naw :nono:! Those are fighting words. Not as thick as ours? What is she talking about, the animal kingdom? Is she half gorilla or something and sports luscious locks from the top of her head to the pits of her arms or something? If that's the case then you're right hun, our hair is definitely no where near as thick as yours :grin:.

On the board, a lot of black women have really thick hair but in real life most women I know have very thin broken whether it is natural or relaxed. They just don't seem to care about their hair anymore and gave up a long time ago.

Yeah, I know a lot of women in my town that have thin and damaged hair. Which is why I couldn't be mad at her or blame her for that ignorant comment. There are a lot of black women that are not caring for their hair properly, relaxed or natural, and it shows.

chebaby

out of all the stoopid things i thought or heard before and after finding this forum, that takes the cake. if anything most of us have thicker hair than any other race.

lilsparkle825

i have never heard that one before. learn something new everyday.

unfortunately, trying to disprove people by introducing them to LHCF usually doesn't do any good. i feel like we all go thru this phase when we first find LHCF where we want to tell the world about this wonderful place we have found and divulge our new regimens etc but IME it more often than not has the OPPOSITE effect. at least you did say something to her though.

Almaz

Hell she needs to come to MY house on hair washing day. And all these white women walking around with WEAVES and extensions to get those full flowing locks. She has been with plenty of brothers in her short time on this earth so I don't know if it was even her writing this. Cause on Facebook she has got like 3 or 4 separte fan sites so it could be someone else saying this crap. She banged enough black me to be around enough black people to know that that is a bunch of hogwash okay as you can see I have VERY long and thick hair. Ignorance is not bliss. I mean I heard this woman got breasts and butt implants. Could be true could be not true I don't know. She is pretty yes I will give her that but she only became famous becuase her father was OJ's lawyer. He is dead now. So is Johnny Cochran. She made a sex tape with a famous person's brother and now she parlayed that into a Reality TV show and now dating another BLACK NFL star. NO Armenian man is going to want her now because of who she has been with that is for sure. Oh yeah they will bang her but they are not marrying her that is for sure.

But anyway if she did write that she is stupid pretty but stupid because I have broken many combs and brushes much to my mother's dismay over my thick thick hair.

Idiots should not breed There should be a law Okay

BostonMaria

Will someone please tell the back of my head that black women don't have "thick" hair? I don''t think it got the memo on that one... :yawn:

LMAO I was about to say the same thing!

Someone lied to my hair! It goes through 3-4 bottles of conditioners a month, it needs to come out of denial :lachen:

Almaz

Most day my hair is so crazy if I don't ladden it down with product it will be throwin up gang signs especially from the back Okay

WEST SIIIIDDDEE

lane

Lol, that's funny because when I was young, I thought all Black people had thick hair because that's how our hair is so often described: thick, wild, coarse, etc. Every so often they have to change the stereotype on us, don't they?

If it becomes a positive attribute they take it back and replace is with something negative.

mscocoface

Most day my hair is so crazy if I don't ladden it down with product it will be throwin up gang signs especially from the back Okay

WEST SIIIIDDDEE

:lachen::lachen::lachen: Yours too?!?!?!?:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Or the Evil eye like Ethel from Sanford and Son, saying woman please is that the best you got today?!?!?!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Filmatic

I have NEVER heard that before. That *****'s just pulling straws. I have had white women stop me in the conditioner aisle and ask me what to use to get thick bouncy hair like mine(before bc).

And I have seen my fair share of messed up black heads, but as I really took notice I see more women with thick, luscious hair. Maybe she needs to get out more.

Digital Tempest

Shouldn't her statement have been the other way around. Many black women have very thick hair and most people--even of other races--know it. Not saying that they don't have thick hair, but like a previous poster said, there are a lot of them walking around with hair that looks like it needs to be fed some vitamins or something.

Liege4421

Funny that she would claim that only black women use extension...when in fact, white women have been using extensions and wigs for GENERATIONS...try starting earlier than 1400 (yes, as in before the US was even "discovered"). In fact, many of the pop stars of today (Jessica Simpson, Brittany S, Madonna) all use extensions and wigs, and you can tell because when you see them not on stage, their hair is all stringy looking!

That girl is hot burning trash on fire...she's probably just jealous of OUR hair, lips, and booties!!!!! Ignore ignorance!!!!

mahogany_horizons

That is so stupid. It really can make you angry if you dont' check yourself. yes, the thickest and most luscious heads of hair I've ever seen are on black chicks! My hair isn't particularly thick (It's not thin either) but yeah, we have thick hair!

hurricane

Girl, why did I read this.:angry2:. Everything we do our white counterparts do also. You can't beat them buying hair weaves, getting butt lifts, and plumping up there lips. Oh, yeah, tanning. Don't get me started..........:swearing:

favorc

HAHAH:lachen: She's stupid. I agree with u to hurricane. She's just mad cuz her hair is messed up and she has no lips and bottay:lachen: Just wanted to make ya'll laugh.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
Her exact words:

"
and btw, black women do not have thick hair. they get hair extensions and weaves to make their hair appear like ours[My note: She meant ours as in white women]... i don't curl my hair to make it look thicker."

....-[/quote]

Forget the first part cause we know that's not true. Some of us have very thick hair. It's the second part that I had to think hard about. Okay the weave and extension bit I get but as I walked around today, I made it a point to look at their hair to see how thick it was. Very few of them actually have thick, luscious tresses that would make me turn round to take a second look. Most of them with long hair have thin hair, or even dry, broken off ends or see through ends and that just doesn't count.

Last edited:

tbaby_8

I would ignore her statement because, she is ignorant and maybe just jealous that she does not have hair like ours. Who knows. Don't waste precious energy on her.

kami11213

She was obviously misinformed and a bit delusional :drunk:... sad thing is even w/ pointing her in the direction of sites that will disprove her opinions, it probably won't change how she feels :nono:

SherylsTresses

I've noticed them obviously throwing their hair around in the mirror while in the restroom at work.... Soooo I turn around the make sure my "behind" is looking okay.

It stops the drama immediately!!!!! :grin::lachen::yep:

blue_flower

I am still relatively new....so I don't know where this post would even go. I looked around, and I am still unsure. So If i Put it in the wrong place I apologize.

Now to the point.

I was on facebook just earlier today-Kim Kardashian's fan/profile page. And they had this thread going in the discussion board entitled Light Skin vs. Dark Skin Women.

Now....I know I know....sigh...I wasnt falling for the trap. I just went in to inform the fools that it really is a moot point and has no bearing. (It still drives me crazy people are arguing and getting mad over people and their personal preference. I don't even care.)

But as I was posting that I noticed that this female above me had proclaimed that "Black women do not have thick hair". .....I just sat there reading it like this is ridiculous. :lachen:

Her exact words:

"

:nono:

And I went from not participating, to nicely explaining to her about black women and our hair. About the varieties in textures, and how we do in fact have thick hair. She was just misinformed...the poor girl...

I probably will send her a link to LHCF, and all the other sites and youtube channels. Show her that yes indeed, we have thick hair. And we do not all wear weaves and extensions all the time. sigh. Thank God for this community, because outside of LHCF, nappturality, fotki, and youtube....I think I might have been banging my head against the wall.:wallbash:

Sorry for the long post, just had to vent

-Saving the world one uninformed person at a time....-

Did you give her the link and password to my fotki album?