BlkMane-Twinlab’s Na-PCA spray (sodium PCA)

hiddy3

BlkMane,
Can you tell me a little more about this product?
Where do you buy it and approx. how much does it cost?
Thanks! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pallas

BlkMane

Re: BlkMane-Twinlab’s Na-PCA spray (sodium PCA)

Hi, hiddy3!

I bought my spray from Whole Foods for like $8.75 (they also sell it at Vitamin Shoppe for around the same price). HOWEVER, it is sold on the internet at several sites for UNDER $4.50. So check around.

This stuff is great. You spray it on, leave it in for five minutes and rinse out. I am going to attach a link below to another thread where it was discussed in great detail.

It contains alcohol to make the sodium-PCA penetrate better, but don't let that scare you off. REMEMBER, you don't leave it in your hair, you rinse it out. It makes my hair very soft and gives it this "moisturized' feeling that no other product has given me. (You notice that feeling after your hair is dry.)

I couldn't figure out how to link the old post to this one, so here is one of my old replies:

The ingredients of Twinlab Na-PCA Non-Oily (spray Sodium PCA) are:

Purified water, Na-PCA (the sodium salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid), eucalyptus, ethanol, monolaurin (the principal antimicrobial factor in mother's milk)

Hypo-allergenic

This is what it says on the bottle:

"Twinlab Na-PCA is a Ph-balanced, concentrated solution of the sodium salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid, the natural moisturizing factor found in human skin. Na-PCA is synthesized from glutamic acid, a nonessential amino acid. The skin contains natural moisturizers, the most important being Na-PCA.

Old skin contains about half the amount of Na-PCA as that found in young skin. The ability of skin to HOLD MOISTURE is DIRECTLY RELATED TO ITS Na-PCA content. It is water, and not oil, that keeps skin soft and supple. Na-PCA pulls water out of the air, moisturizing the skin, improving its appearance, and giving it a moist and youthful glow. This is not a cosmetic cover up; it is a physiological correction of an age-related deficiency state.

Directions: After bath or shower, spray liberally on the hands and apply to the face and other skin areas. Na-PCA may ALSO BE USED TO CONDITION DRY OR DAMAGED hair. To condition hair..wet hair before using. Apply and leave on hair for 5 minutes. Then rinse."

I love this stuff. My hair has NEVER felt better!! I don't know how else to describe it to you. My hair has always been soft, but now it just feels MOIST!! And this does not frizz my hair at all.

I will probably use this stuff forever. This is a keeper for me!

It comes in a white spray bottle. Note that there is another version that contains aloe vera, but that version does not say that you can apply it to hair.

I've also been using this on my skin, but only occasionally.

hiddy3

Re: BlkMane-Twinlab’s Na-PCA spray (sodium PCA)

BlkMane,
Thanks for the information. It sounds like something I would like to try. Your hair looks beautiful. So thick and healthy. Your regime is certainly working for you. Continued success!

Pallas