BlkMane, you go, girl!! ( Nov. Hair Model)

Kitkat

Congrats for being this month's featured hair model! Your hair is a great example of long, thick and healthy hair. Gives me something to strive for. Keep up the good work!!

SVT

Re: BlkMane, you go, girl!!

~~~CONGRATULATIONS BLKMANE!~~~

Tracy

Re: BlkMane, you go, girl!!

As always Blkmane - just gorgeous hair. I can never aspire to that thickness but you are an inspiration to attain that length of yours. Your layers fall really nicely too.

Keep up the good work girl. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S.: Thank you for the info on the Rusk Calm honey. I like it alot. It's going to be added to my rotation of creamy protein conditioners.

caramelbarbie

Re: BlkMane I have a few questions for ya.

<font color="blue"> Blk mane your hair looks fab!
I was wondering about the phosphorus, copper and lecithin that you have in your vitamin list. What do they do? are you taking them for more growth???
I read some where that zinc was good for growth.....I'm thinking about introducing it into my vitamin regime.

BlkMane

Thanks, ladies. Your comments are all so kind. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I just logged on and I didn't even know that my profile was already up. Thought it wouldn't be up to the beginning of the month.

Sorry about the fuzzy pictures. I don't have the best digital camera and haven't had time to take anymore pictures.

Tracy, I'm glad you like the Rusk Calm. It's a good "quickie" protein conditioner. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BlkMane

Caramelbarbie:

Hi! Thanks for the compliment! Regarding your questions, I take phosphorus because a health program I listen to mentioned that you need calcium AND phosphorus in your bones and that your supplement should contain phosphorus as well as magnesium. So when I found the liquid calcium that contained all three I made it my staple. It's by Nature's Life.

I take Copper because I've read that taking Zinc (I think?) depletes the copper in your body. I also added it because of all the hoopla I've been hearing that Copper is also good for the skin.

Lastly, I take Lecithin because I've taken it for years (my parents turned me on to it). I find that it is good for my skin. It dissolves fat stores in your body and I want to believe it also loosens up the sebum in my skin.

Nyambura

surfer girl

Congratulations, Blkmane, on being November's hair model! I agree with the other posters: your hair is beautiful. And you always have such informative posts. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva

Congrats Blkmane

You deserve to the hair queen of the month /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

adrienne0914

blkmane, congratulations!! your hair is just gorgeous and oh SO thick!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

i think you mentioned on the other board that a stylist told you that it's more dense (strands closer together), but is it also thick strand-wise? it sure looks like it!

adrienne

Jenai

Your hair is so THICK and healthy. Question: When you say you relaxed your hair, did you relax it fully? I mean is it more texturized or is it relaxed bone straight?

BlkMane

Adrienne--

I have A LOT of hair per square inch. My strands are mostly average width, even though I do have a number of really fine strands mixed in there as well as some coarse ones. I noticed this when I examine my hair that comes out when I wash and comb.

BlkMane

Armyqt and Gigi-

Yes, my hair has a ton of body. My mom is always telling me that. I would actually prefer it to have a little less body so it would lay a bit flatter. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif I AVOID any products that say "body-building...thickener, etc." like the plague. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Gigi- No my hair is not relaxed bone straight. The relaxer was only left in my hair for a few minutes. Therefore, my texture when I airdry is basically my natural 3C? texture, but smoother, less voluminous and with a drastic reduction in frizziness in my frizzy areas.

hairfanatic

I agree...BlkMane your hair is abosolutely LOVELY /images/graemlins/grin.gif It looks very healthy. I can just picture you in one of those hair commercials, it looks so fluffy and bouncy. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

iris

BlkMane, you have fabulous hair! Keep up the great work and thanks again for posting the info about the African Gold products /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

<font color="red">Iris</font color>