BLM - Creating High Value Men One Baby Daddy At A Time

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
The only thing I feel some kind of way about is that baby daddy's getting broke off. Dude couldn't be bothered to marry ole girl but she turned him into a millionaire. Make it make sense.

Tax filings reveal how BLM co-founder spent charity funds​

By
Nika Shakhnazarova

Black Lives Matter co-founder Patrisse Cullors used charity funds to pay her brother and child’s father eye-watering sums of cash for various services, according to tax documents filed with the IRS.

The co-founder’s brother, Paul Cullors, saw a cool sum of $840,000 hit his bank account for allegedly providing security services to the nonprofit organization, tax documents seen by The Post show.

Meanwhile, the organization paid a company owned by Damon Turner, with whom Cullors shares a child, almost $970,000 to help “produce live events” as well as other “creative services.”

On top of the controversy, BLM wrapped up its fiscal year — which runs from July 1, 2020, to June 30, 2021 — with a stunning $42 million in net assets.

What’s more, $32 million was invested in stocks, making up nearly a third of the $90 million the organization received in donations.

The investment is expected to become an endowment in a bid to ensure the foundation’s work continues in the future, organizers say.

The 63-page Form 990 document, an annual filing required for nonprofit organizations to maintain their tax-exempt status, shows Cullors reimbursed the organization $73,523 for a charter flight.

BLM insists she took the flight in 2021 out of concern for the COVID-19 pandemic and the health risks that come with it.

Cullors already found herself in hot water after receiving a cool $120,000 payment for undisclosed “consulting fees” by BLM.

After back-to-back controversies, Cullors last year resigned as executive director of the organization amid criticism over her lavish lifestyle.

The tax filing’s release closely follows the controversy over the purchase of a $6 million property in Los Angeles.

BLM faced a torrent of backlash last month when it publicly emerged that the organization purchased a swanky Southern California home using donated cash.

Cullors at the time said she was weeks removed from being in “survival mode” after The Post’s exclusive reporting revealed her purchase of four high-end US homes for $3.2 million.

During that time, she said she hosted a Joe Biden inauguration party for about 15 people, including BLM chapter members and other key allies of the organization.

Cullors initially said the property was purchased by BLM to serve as a meeting venue and campus. She also issued a statement denying suggestions she had lived at the property — or taken advantage of it for personal gain.

Cullors said she also threw a private birthday party for her son at the property in March 2021 — and intended to pay a rental fee to BLM.

The recent tax filing shows she paid the foundation an additional $390 over her uses of the 6,500-square-foot Studio City property for two private events.

Inside BLM co-founder Patrisse Cullors' questionable tax filings (nypost.com)

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Whooo in retrospect, I'm glad that BLM supported Palestinians cuz a whole lot of folks would have been looking at me sideways behind this.
I've been a lot pissed at BLM ever since I took my time and connected my name to fundraisers, getting folks to march a hole in their shoes and hustled a little over $70K (with more to come) out of Jewish wallets only for BLM to decide Palestinians in Israel are black lives too. Forget the actual black people in Israel, BLM sees it for the Palestinians. Now where do you think that money got re-allocated to?

I posted a thread last year about what I was doing to put white-ish faces between black people and the police to buffer us from harm. In my not so humble opinion using my white friends as human shields is a good use of white friends. But oh no, here come the keyboard warriors who ain't never received nan bit of support financial or otherwise from the large NY Palestinian community at a BLM march. Jewish founded grants helped pay for some of the earlier Ferguson protests. Good luck finding that Palestinian money.

So yeah, I don't care if Halle said to hell with people who think just typing BLM at people is doing something in front of a room full of Eskimos. The idea needs to burn that the movement is about Twitter fingers and marching. Of course voting isn't the beginning and end of the needed effort. Action, money and political influence are needed. Despite all the top 1% black plumbers the unicorns around here know, white people are going to be needed for funding the action and to gain the political influence. If black people could have managed that on our own we'd already be doing it. So yeah, somebody is going to have to talk to a room full of white people about what's going on with BLM and run some pockets and get **** done.

naturalgyrl5199

They got a ton of support, really fast and did a whole lot for a little while. They didn't need to be getting behind political campaigns in the early years. They had more money than they knew what to do with. I mean they did but they didn't sell a framework to the people who donated.

Outside of political ties, which I don't agree with, any black-owned, black-founded, black-purposed company in existence will always be a target unless white folks got they hand in it. It happens every time. Even in the article they just called the lady "BLM" as if it were her first name. Black people need to understand how to move in silence and make moves quietly. Unfortunately the needs of the black community at large are so great and so immediate and the outpouring was so big, people started going on about "whey da money going?" Had they did everything above board it would NOT have been enough. But we will never know. What's needed are thousands of "BLM-looking" orgs scattered around the country serving the community on a small scale. Lord knows that's how the Republican party have moved these last 40 years to unleash their 20-point plan in full today.

Now, nobody wants to associate with a group that came about for all the right reasons. And its sad. Just sad.
All (or a chunk) of that money could go directly into the hands of black folk with businesses ready to go to provide direct services to their community now that can help people rather than have them fight for the money offered (with white folk permission) in a token sense of "helping the black community. But, BLM---another one bites the dust. Like that money might as well be in a vault and the key got flushed by the baby. They can't help nobody.

yamilee21

So BLM is simultaneously a terrorist organization, according to Fox & them, but also an astounding scam in the finest capitalist tradition? And none of either of these two things has anything to do with the people actually out there marching and protesting? :confused: Can we just come up with a new slogan for the movement?