Blow Dry or Flat Iron..Which is better?

Discussion in 'Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion' started by lalabanks, Nov 26, 2005.

1. lalabanks

lalabanks New Member

I want to know if its better to blow dry your hair straight or let it air dry and then flat iron it? What about just using low heat on the blow drier?

Thanks

2. caligirl

caligirl Well-Known Member

My hair is too kinky for me to try to airdry then flat iron. Its much easier for me to blowdry on medium, then flatiron.

3. HoneyDew

HoneyDew Well-Known Member

For me, flat ironing is better now that I have a my FHI. I can flatiron in one swipe after airdrying and I notice that my hair is less dry.

4. Synthia

Synthia New Member

Well a long time ago when I read that Ultra Black Hair Growth book by Cathy Howse, I remember she saw growth by airdrying and using a curling iron to straighten her hair. So, I assume airdrying and flat-ironing would be the same principle.

I would think flat-irons wouldn't dry your hair out as much.

5. lalabanks

lalabanks New Member

Thanks for the responses....

keep em' coming

6. cutebajangirl

cutebajangirl New Member

This is what I do as well. I airdry in one braid then I flat iron with a 2.5 inch HAI. HTH.

7. Mizani_Mrs

Mizani_Mrs Well-Known Member

Great question....I am still experimenting so i dont have a definitive answer. Currently i have been blowdrying straight and skipping the flatironing. I thought that airdrying will always produce hard unruly hair...but it may be using the right products can give me good results. I just discovered a mix of nexxus hummectress WGO and water mixture as a leave in and it leaves my hair very soft, shiny and straight enough so i can flatiron. but anyways i think that airdrying and warm flatiron would be the least heatdamaging way to dry.

8. tthreat08

tthreat08 New Member

Yes, airdrying is definitely better than blowdrying, BUT....I have airdried in two braids, then when it's ALMOST dry (~80%), I used the blow dryer on a medium temp to finish it off. My hair was still soft and I didn't have to use the dryer very long at all. See what works for you.