Blue/Black Hair Lovers: Get in HERE!

Mane Event

Good Afternoon blue/black hair lovers.

Naturally, my hair is pretty close to jet black and I hate it. I always thought it looked best a lighter brown/reddish color. However, I'm diggin the blue/black look on everyone else. I'm not sure if this is right for me.
I'm afraid it will make me look to gothic, pastey, or dead :nono:

I would love a much healthier color option like a blue/black rinse versus "lifting" or bleaching my natural hair. Your words of wisdom are greatly appreciate! :grin:

Questions:
Does anyone have naturally black hair but finds the blue/black to be a much better look?

What colors (clothing) work well with your skin tone?

Did you test blue/black before taking the plunge? If so how?

Fill in the blank: Blue/Black accentuates my _______ (ex. eyes, skin tone, etc)

Thanks for your help/advice!

MonPetite

I've had naturally jet black hair, I hated my whole life. I've recently embraced it.

My complexion, in good lighting and natural sunlight matches Chanel Iman's.

I've found that blue-black, makes me look extra creamy/extra-beige-y but a bit lack-luster and my skin looks rather dull. My eyes seem darker and more foreboding. :lachen:

Jet-black keeps the gold in my skin front and center and you can see the dark, dark, dark chocolate of my eyes, when close to me in decent lighting.

I've contemplated warming it up with gold, but it looks best just as a lush, jet-black with plenty of shine. YOU MUST KEEP UP THE SHINE ON BLACK HAIR.

I realize it's the perfect color for me and I'm very glad I don't have to dye my hair to get it (that didn't stop me from trying to mess around with color only to come back to my natural one, however).

I also love the dramatic and jet black hair certainly is. Well...here at least. When I was in Korea I didn't stand out too much. :lachen:

chicacanella

Questions:
Does anyone have naturally black hair but finds the blue/black to be a much better look?

My hair isn't naturally black (so I probably shouldn't be answering this question :look:) but I find that jet black hair suits my skin tone very well.

What colors (clothing) work well with your skin tone? Anything that is not beige or golden, nice rich mahogany browns look nice as well as aqua blue, dark greens don't look that nice.

Did you test blue/black before taking the plunge? If so how? Well, if you consider wearing fake hair a plunge, then yes.

Fill in the blank: Blue/Black accentuates my olive/golden skin tone, my eyes, my nose, my cheek bones, my heart-shaped face. _______ (ex. eyes, skin tone, etc)

chicacanella

Oh and also, I found out about this black tea rinse that darkens hair. And it's natural so that might be easier than going through lifting a dye out of the hair.

snillohsss

My hair is sandy brown naturally. I dye it black. It works with my skintone. The only thing I don't like is the grow out....my roots look red. :(