Body Butter Helped with my moisture Problem

kandi1280

(Sorry so Long) Well yesterday I posted that I was having very dry new growth that I could not moisturize for the life of me. Well Honey Dew (thanks a bunch girl!) suggested that I use Qhemets Biologics Sidr Tree Butter. Well I would have to wait if I ordered it and I needed something immediately.

I have a Jar of Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Butter which I love for my skin. I turned it over to read of the ingredients:

Water(Aqua), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lea Europea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Steric Acid, Glyceryl Sterate SE, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Dimethicone, Petrolatum, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba ) Butter, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Avena Sativa (Oat ) Kernel Extract, Vanilla Planifolia Fruit Extract, Avena Savita (Oat) Kernel Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Oryza Satifva (Rice) bran Oil, Simmonsidia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E. Acetate), Glycerin, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Butylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Chlorphenesin, Potassium Sorbate, BHT, Ethylene, Styrene Copolymer, Trienthanolamine, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantonin, Iodoprpynl Butylcarbamate, Methlyparaben, Yellow 5, Yellow6.

I was hesitant because of the Petrolatum, alcohol and citric acid, But gave it a try. I misted with distilled water applied a tiny, minisule dab to my roots (I parted my hair in small sections as I went). On the length of my hair I applied a mixture that I made of a tablespoon ofGiovanni Direct, 3 drops of Glycerine, 5 of Mild Olive oil, and half a tablespoon of distilled water. I sealed my ends with coconut oil and flat twisted my hair.

Finally I tied a scarf around it, put on two plastic caps and another scarf over the bags to reduce the noise as I slept (I'm in the 3 month baggy challenge). This morning my hair was slightly damp after removing the bags, and I just let it dry with the first scarf still on. My twistout came out great. My hair did not snap at all. The roots feel great, its shiny and bouncier than its been in a long time. The baggy method kept the rest of my hair wonderfully moisturized (usually my newgrowth would dry out fast). Now I can order my Qhemets without having to worry in the mean time. :) :) :)

I clarify with kera care 1st lather once a month to get rid of build up.

JazzyDez

I am not an ingredient guru but it doesn't look too bad to me, I see a lot of natural ingredients that are good for the hair. Anyway, I am glad it worked out for you.

Have you ever tried s-curl? it works wonders for moisturizing/softening the hair.

preciousjewel76

Wow, who knew B&BW body butter could do that? Good for you!:)

If I would have known a few years ago, I would have stockpiled more of this stuff. I used to work at one of their stores. I *hated* the Warm Vanilla Sugar though, go figure.:look: