Bone Straight to Texturized???

Lavendar

How do you go from bone straight to texturized hair? I lost my really curly hair when I starting using henna. It makes my hair heavy and really straight. I'm not about to give up henna so I was thinking maybe I should texturize but don't know how to go about it. I use phyto II and just relaxed on Wednesday. I left the relaxer on for 25 minutes and was bone straight. With my extremely fine hair, I think I should switch to mild (phyto I) as kinikakes suggests in her journal. How else do you texturizers suggest I transition? TIA!:drunk:

Well all I can suggest is that you treat your hair as if you're transitioning to natural, because if not you will experience mucho breakage at the point where the textures meet, so I'd say you might have to pay special attention to protein treatments, and up the protective styling, cowashing, etc...

I've heard of adding some oil to the relaxer for a more texturizing property. I think Sareca does this.

Good Luck!

Lavendar

Well all I can suggest is that you treat your hair as if you're transitioning to natural, because if not you will experience mucho breakage at the point where the textures meet, so I'd say you might have to pay special attention to protein treatments, and up the protective styling, cowashing, etc...Good Luck!

Hmmmm! :scratchch Me no likey this at all:nono:....maybe I'll just switch to the mild relaxer and stick with that. Thanks for the response redRiot!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Maybe your hair went bone strait because of the henna. I thought phyto was a weak relaxer. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Lavendar

Maybe your hair went bone strait because of the henna. I thought phyto was a weak relaxer. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Hi DD, I used phyto for 9 months or so before using henna and it has always relaxed me bone straight, but I've always liked it that way. I just thought I'd switch it up and try to get my curls back so I can wash and go curly instead of wavy/straight. Thanks anyway!