BOUNDLESS TRESSES

Mandy4610

Anyone using Boundless Tresses? Anything to say about it? The good, the bad and the ugly?
I wanna grow my hair, so I bought me one bottle of BT. What do you think?:newbie:

vivEz daNs lamouR

I just bought a bottle last week after reading all of the testimonies on here. Hopefully between that and MN I should be growing pretty nicely.

mw138

I think you should definitely try it just to see how it works for you. :yep:

I used BT earlier this year. It gave me good results in terms of growth, but the faint (but very noticiable to my nose) smell was too much for me to take. I bought the scented BT, but I could still smell the sulfur. :nono: It would seem to get worse whenever the sun shined on my hair. It made all of my hair tools, my hair bonnets, etc. smell like sulfur. I just couldn't take it anymore. I sold my bottle to a fellow LHCF member and washed all of my hair things thoroughly. It was still awhile until the smell fully went away (these are things that I would wash on a regular basis, but because I continued to use BT, the smell was ALWAYS there).

My hair grows at a pretty good rate, so I don't really need BT.

KAT25

BT works good the sulfer is a little much for me so I normally only use mine like 2 day before I know I am going to wash my hair and I have select tools that I use when I am using the BT so everything doesn't get smelly you know what I mean. But it is a great product I also have the hair balm that new product and it helps my edges stay flat it is thicker.

carletta

I got mine this week. I bought the scented BT and the smell is still strong :ohwell: . I'm using mine at night mixed with MN. and put a double scarf on it because my hubbie HATES THE SMELL :barf::nono:

Diya

I, like you, am new to BT (~2 weeks) and hope to see good results. But in regard to the smell, I have the scented version and I apply sparingly and am not bothered by the smell. I apply a few dabs to my fingertips and massage it into my scalp...I do this about 4 times, or until I feel I've hit every part of my scalp.

Note that I never have BT running down my forehead or staining my clothes because I use ever so little. IMO, any lingering smell probably comes from residual oil on the scalp (i.e. applying too much). With the amount I use, my scalp absorbs it right up and I'm left with no oily residue and no smell! Hope this helps!

PapillionRouge

I'm one of the few that had a bad experience with BT, it broke off my hair BADLY!

Never again.... The sulfur is not for everybody.

Jay

I've been using BT for a while now. I bought it back in March but slacked off ALOT and made a personal challenge to use it consisitently from August to December. My newgrowth is so thick I use it. I use it on my nape 5 times a week and the rest of my head 3 times a week. I have the unscented and the smell does not bother me at all. I think you will have great results if you use it consistently.
Good Luck

mw138

I, like you, am new to BT (~2 weeks) and hope to see good results. But in regard to the smell, I have the scented version and I apply sparingly and am not bothered by the smell. I apply a few dabs to my fingertips and massage it into my scalp...I do this about 4 times, or until I feel I've hit every part of my scalp.

Note that I never have BT running down my forehead or staining my clothes because I use ever so little. IMO, any lingering smell probably comes from residual oil on the scalp (i.e. applying too much). With the amount I use, my scalp absorbs it right up and I'm left with no oily residue and no smell! Hope this helps!

I used the same method, however, the smell was still evident. I never had it run down forehead or neck because I used such a small amount. I guess it's different for everyone. Had the smell not been so prominent, I'd still be using BT to this day.

Kurlee

the smell is a bit much and aslthough i on;y put it on my roots any hair that it touched would dryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy up. It does work for growth though

baby42

its my baby what can i say some times i use a little moisturizing with it. but not all the time its great:yep::yep::yep:i couldnt hang with mtg. no matter how hard it tryed. i couldnt get enough moisture in my hair with mtg. so this is it for me

2007Grad

I've heard great things but I too couldn't do the smell. I officially gave up today, atleast on daily use. Might just limit it to every once in a while. I got a whiff of my hair at 8 am this morning and was paranoid all day at work that everyone else could smell it. I almost rinsed my hair in the bathroom sink at work!

That being said, I've been asking around lately and I really think it's all up to you. I think it's definitely worth trying since so many like it. Plus who knows? You might not even notice the smell.

KAT25

KAT, please tell me more about the new hair balm that you mentioned. Is it the same as BT?

Hey yes it is the same as BT here is the info off of the website. I have this and BT scented. I have also been using MN with the BT and I have the new growth waves going on :grin:

[FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]Product Name[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]New! Growth Specifics Revitalizing Hair Balm[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]Product ID[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]ARHB[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]Product Price[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]:[/FONT][FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]15.00[/FONT] [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana]Still want to use your Grandmother's hair grease but you don't want the mineral oil and petroleum? Look no further! Revitalizing Hair Balm has all the things you love about hair grease and none of the things you hate. Based in castor oil, this 8oz jar of hair balm will help promote hair growth while refreshing your scalp with revitalizing tingles! To add to the goodness this balm will make your hair soft and will give it a wonderful shine. Composed of castor and coconut oils, sulfer, and peppermint oil.[/FONT]

www.growthspecifics.com

Jetblackhair

I've been using BT for a little over a month. I have the scented one which has a light fragrance to it, and I don't smell any sulfur. I guess some people are more sensitive to the smell of sulfur.

I'm going to continue to use it and see how much growth I get. I say give it a try, b/c you'll never truly know until you try it.

HHG

MzOptimistic

I love me some BT. This is going to get me to my ultimate hair goal....Waist Length baby!!! I use the scented and the smell do not bother me at all. I have even slacked off on taking all these vitamins, I use to take. I'm now only taking Biotin, EPO, B-50, and flaxseed oil. Good Product. I love it! love it love it!!!!!:grin: Did I say I love it?:lachen:

tallygirl

I agree. I,too, received mine 2 weeks ago and use it very sparingly like you do, so I never have any running down my forehead, neck, etc., and neither am I bothered by the smell.

ITA with this, I think some people use too much thinking that might speed up their growth :grin: I rarely get a faint whiff sometimes but nothing major or :barf: invoking

cocosweet

Any advice on how to use it if you keep your hair in two strand twists? I'm never sure I'm getting it to the scalp!