BOYCOTT Carol's Daughter?

Rain20

Hair products that everyone rave about on this board do not seem to work well on my hair and vice versa:ohwell:. I do nice WNGs with Lisa's Hair Milk. It is not greasy for me and absorbs into the hair well. I buy at Sephora also so I cannot comment on service.

lexi08

I stopped ordering the products back in 2002. The products are not that great to me. Too heavily scented. The only CD purchase I made this year was from Sephora and that was one of the fragrances. I prefer Asha's or Qhemet Biologics products.

ShaniKeys

I love the Tui hair oil and the Mimosa hair honey, these are products that work great on my hair. I never believed that their products were 100% natural, and indeed they're not. I bought them @ Sephora while I was in NY a year ago. You can find some of their products on Ebay too, b/c their customer service sucks, my sister tried ordering from them, and even though they don't ship internationally, they only told her that after she had already made the transaction of the money, they returned her the money three weeks later I think.

Last edited:

Halimah

I didnt have any problems everything I ordered was there and when I called to check has it been shipped I had a nice rep who knew what she was doing and had answers and evrything came on time.

Energee

I've never ordered anything directly from their site because I'd heard about their lack of customer service skills...delays in orders...etc. I have purchased the body butters and jellys from Sephora:yep:...never a problem with Sephora---online or in store.

20perlz

I really thought it was just me. I ordered from them and had to cancel because the product was out of stock after the site said it was IN STOCK.
This was about 3 years ago, by the way. When I called customer service I must have gotten the same lady smacking gum and asking if I needed anything else. IT was rude on a crazy level!!! I never forgot and I remember thinking that she(the owner lady) could not possibly know how bad it was. This was before the whole Jada/Mary/Brad Pitt pubb....It sad how it is sometimes.....:ohwell: Never bought again.

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
This may be completely random (and could have been posted before), but a month or two ago I read a magazine article on Jada Pinkett-Smith and she was asked about her hair care and products. Why did she say she used L’Oreal Nature's Therapy conditioner and another product? Absolutely no mention of Carol’s Daughter, which is strange as she is one of their spokeswomen. :look:

This gave me a chuckle and just continues to prove that just because someone’s hair is on a package doesn’t mean they use the product. :nono:

And after reading this thread, I’m thinking maybe Jada got tired of their customer service, too. :lachen:

Lynxdiva

I just purchased some of the CD products to try for the first time. Instead of going through their website, click on the link for locations. I was able to go to the Sephora store at one of the malls here and try several testers before deciding what to purchase. Just a suggestion.

Tee

They do not have good customer services. :nono: I would use Sephora if I just HAD to have anything from the line.

Tee

I just purchased some of the CD products to try for the first time. Instead of going through their website, click on the link for locations. I was able to go to the Sephora store at one of the malls here and try several testers before deciding what to purchase. Just a suggestion.

Yes, I almost always stop at the mall on my way from DFW. Sephora is the way to go! (But I just love Sephora. I dont stop to buy just CD products.)

Last edited:

Lovelylocs

I would write the CEO a letter of complaint. :( That sucks I hate it when black businesses run this way. It's so dissappointing. :down:

luvinwife

I recently ordered a few products from them and I absolutely hate the Rosemary mint shampoo with sea moss. It really sucks! It doesnt lather ate all. No matter how much I wet my hair, it will not lather. I emailed them and told them I didnt like it and I wanted my money back. I never heard from them!