Braid extensions for 3b hair?

aviddiva77

Hello all!

I am about to put braid extensions in my niece's hair (she has like a 3a/b texture). Her mom doesn't do her hair unless I or my mom does it (it's usually blowing in the wind and I am worried that it's going to break off) just when it's starting to grow (her mother had rubber bands in her hair from the time she was 6 mths to 1.5 years old) was wondering if anyone had any success in putting them in and keeping them in for a few weeks? Like with them not falling out? And what did you do to the hair before putting the hair in? (Like did you blow dry it? Gel? Dampen it? etc) Oh and what type of hair did you use? (I was thinking kanekalon hair cuz that's what I use to do my own)

I try to do other styles in her head (like twisties in the front or different cornroll styles or braid pigtails) but her mom doesn't wrap her head so the hairstyle is gone in like 2 days.

Last edited:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
How old is she? I'm not a fan of extensions on kids' hair. I also am not so sure how well they will stay in given her loose texture. When I did braid extensions once, mine kept slipping out.

Would you consider just twisting without the extension and letting the ends curl on their own? That's what I do for my 3b daughter (my hair twin).

Bumping for ya.

Esthi777

Years ago (like 12 yrs.) I put braids in my hair and they slipped out. I really don't recommend it for a little girl especially if her mom won't keep them moisturized and nourished often :(

aviddiva77

How old is she? I'm not a fan of extensions on kids' hair. I also am not so sure how well they will stay in given her loose texture. When I did braid extensions once, mine kept slipping out.

Would you consider just twisting without the extension and letting the ends curl on their own? That's what I do for my 3b daughter (my hair twin).

Bumping for ya.
She's 4 almost 5. Hmm. I never thought of putting twists in her hair. I'll have to see tonight.

Years ago (like 12 yrs.) I put braids in my hair and they slipped out. I really don't recommend it for a little girl especially if her mom won't keep them moisturized and nourished often :(
Tell me about it. Her dad might be more helpful but he works all the time (he was the one who wants me to put them in cuz he doesn't like that her hairs not done)

Thanks for the replies! So I see it's not worth it to even put them in her hair then lol