BRAID OUTS on SL\NL\ Or Short Hair

LongHairNWaiting

Hi Ladies,

I am 100% relaxed, and am currently wearing a protective style. I am trying to stretch my retouches to 6 months now.

In the past I have tried bantu know\braid outs, and lost much hair! I have oiled and moisturized before, during and after and still my hair shedded. I even made a coconut moisturize\oil\water mixture in a lil bottle and carried it around in my purse. Used it through the day and all my hair did was "look" dray. Now when I am normally wearing my hair, I very rarely see breakage\shedding\or damage to my hair.

At this time it is nape Length (sorta). I have made EXCELLENT progress from the tips\tools\purchases that I have learned about on this site. I am actually NL in the back, and 1" beyond ear around on the sides; and my bangs are long enough where if I wanted to do a even bob-blunt cut all the way around I could. (not in my interest at this time)

My last cut was Dec '08 (which was my last retouch also). I had my hair cut in layers, and just due from that cut...OMG!!! I GOT AWESOME RESULTS. My hair started growing like a weed.

At this time, I can't truly tell you what my length is b/c I am 3 months post relaxer; about 1.5-2" of new growth, and I am still trying to be patient and wait until at least May before retouching my hair again...

Anyway, yada yada yada..:lachen: Long story "kindda" short..lol I would like to try Braid Outs also, but have not seen any one on this site who has accomplished it successfully on short hair.

Any suggesstions ladies for us short haired women?:grin:

HHG ~ LongHairNWaiting...I swear I am going to change my name when I reach 1" beyond bra strap!...lol

Last edited:

ajoyfuljoy

My biggest suggestion is to make sure you roll the ends on a hair rod/small roller. When your hair is that short and won't rest on your shoulders, your hair will end up looking crazy (trust me, I have an example in my fotki). Rolling the braid on rollers is the equivalent of curling your flat ironed hair. It will give it a nice shape.

LongHairNWaiting

Thanks so much AJFJ -- I must admit, that did not roll my ends, I called myself doing a "bantu" on them after they were braided or twisted.

I'll keep that in mind.