Braid outs

Tootuff

Hi Ladies,

I need some help with my braid outs. Last night I did four cornrows going straight back on slightly damp hair. This morning my hair was still not completely dry and I also had trouble with my hair tangling while I was braiding so I lost more hair than I would have liked:nono:. What is the best way to do a braid out and would I lose less hair if I just did regular braids? How many braids should I do?

TIA

MrsJersey

I find that it is easier for me to do four braids, just not cornrows. Two in the front and two in the back. By morning I usually just do a quick blast with the blowdryer on low. It's still a little damp in the middle, but I don't find it affecting my style any. HTH

cmesweet

What I do is, 6 to 12 braids, depending on how fullyou want it.

I part my hair as if I am making 4 corn rows and seperate it into 3 sections which equals 3 braids.
I detangle as I braid. Then when the braids are try, I take them apart, where you can just wear them crinkly or you can seperate the crinkles where the hair can look fuller.

What really helped me with the tangles was by braiding the hair and then at the end of the braid 2 strand twists the hair.

Firefly

I had the same problem, especially with my texlaxed hair. I don't do corn rows anymore, I do the same as MrsJersey minus the dryer. I definitely don't want to risk my hair health so I don't do corn rows.

InnerSoul

What I do is, 6 to 12 braids, depending on how fullyou want it.

I part my hair as if I am making 4 corn rows and seperate it into 3 sections which equals 3 braids.
I detangle as I braid. Then when the braids are try, I take them apart, where you can just wear them crinkly or you can seperate the crinkles where the hair can look fuller.

What really helped me with the tangles was by braiding the hair and then at the end of the braid 2 strand twists the hair.

yep yep... i also find that leaves a nice curly coil at the end of each braid when it's taking down!!

OP: I also use a good leave in to prevent tangles and such.

PassionFruit

I do 6 to 8 cornrows but I like my curls tighter than most... I also roll the ends with flexirods or cold wave rods

Fine 4s

Hi Ladies,

I need some help with my braid outs. Last night I did four cornrows going straight back on slightly damp hair. This morning my hair was still not completely dry and I also had trouble with my hair tangling while I was braiding so I lost more hair than I would have liked:nono:. What is the best way to do a braid out and would I lose less hair if I just did regular braids? How many braids should I do?

TIA

That's some good growth!!! I wonder if your growth is above average cuz that's just amazing....

Fine 4s

Hi Ladies,

TIA

Sorry, didn't really answer the question....

I prefer doing my 'out' styles by making individual twists. The cornrows didn't make my hair lay nicely and keep the ends curly. I tend to do my braidouts when I'm tired of twists (so my twists are smaller around 30 or so although not tiny) and by by then, they tend to be a little dry. So now, the day before an expected twistout (usually for the following day or in 2 dys), I moisturize each strand with whatever moisturizing product. I don't use any styling products.

Tootuff

That's some good growth!!! I wonder if your growth is above average cuz that's just amazing....

Thank you. I don't think my growth is above average but I do think that I am doing pretty good at retaining my length:yep:.

Mook's hair

My sister-in law cornrows her hair when it is dry. Then she skeets a whole bunch of lottabody setting lotion all over her head all the way down to the ends. She does not un-braid until everything is 100% dry. sometimes he wears the cornrows for a whole day or 2 before un-braiding. If she is in a rush, she will dry it with a blow dryer but she doesn't do that too much.

I also cornrow my hair completely dry. Doing it damp is too much hassle.
But as I am braiding, I use /Motions wrap foam as I proceed down each row.

Then at the end, I skeet some diluted infusium & oil on my whole head.

I also normally wear the braids for a few days because I adore cornrows.

If you un-braid it while it is still damp...you've waisted your time & effort.

Tootuff

My sister-in law cornrows her hair when it is dry. Then she skeets a whole bunch of lottabody setting lotion all over her head all the way down to the ends. She does not un-braid until everything is 100% dry. sometimes he wears the cornrows for a whole day or 2 before un-braiding. If she is in a rush, she will dry it with a blow dryer but she doesn't do that too much.

I also cornrow my hair completely dry. Doing it damp is too much hassle.
But as I am braiding, I use /Motions wrap foam as I proceed down each row.

Then at the end, I skeet some diluted infusium & oil on my whole head.

I also normally wear the braids for a few days because I adore cornrows.

If you un-braid it while it is still damp...you've waisted your time & effort.

Thanks Mook. I have some frizz issues going on today from it being damp this morning when I took it down :nono:.