Braid regimen for cornrows......need advice

mrshicks2002

Can some please help me with a good braid regimen. I will be getting cornrow braids soon. I dont plan to keep them no more than a month. So far I want to use my braid spray mixed with JBCO and use BT on scalp everyother day.

Any other suggestions or advice that I could use while I have cornrows would be appreciated.

Thanks

newflowers

The best advice I ever received is to treat your hair braided the same as you would not. Wash, condition, deep condition, etc. - all the same.

TemiLnd

I wash my cornrows once a week with diluted shampoo no DC. I spray the braids and scalp with my Infusium 23 mixed with braid spray after the wash and every couple of days during the week. Where a scarf at nite…

Psi77

Hi,
you may also want to use a curl activator for moisture if your hair likes it. I have super thick 4b natural hair, and keep my cornrows in for no more than a month too. My rows are tightly packed so I pour some S-curl (mixed with EVOO & a pinch of Silk Amino Acids) into an empty Wild Grow Oil bottle (for the applicator tip) and apply the activator in between each row. My hair is as dry as the desert so this works well for me. I aslo follow up with a spray of African Pride Braid spray. And while at home I wrap a silk scarf around my head to keep the new growth flat.. the warmth from this makes the curl activator soften my hair more.