Braidout update

Tai

I tried a braidout for the first time this weekend. I really liked the results, full, very lush looking hair. The end of the month marks my one year transitioning anniversary so I thought I'd try some different styles to mark the occasion. :grin:

I took a few new pics of the braidout. Right now, there's no password on my album. http://public.fotki.com/DivaTai/2005_hair/april_braidout/

The only problem I had with the style is that it only lasted a day. :ohwell: I used Elasta's Mango Butter to do the braids. Any suggestions as to a holding product would be greatly appreciated. :)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Wow Tai! :shocked: You have some beautiful hair!!! It's all soft and silky-looking!!! :love: And your hair has really grown too! Great job!!! :up:

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Very pretty Tai. Suggestions? Try Aloe Vera Gel or a mousse?

Happy Nappy Trans-iversary!!!

ETA: Your roots look pretty straight. Did you blowdry first?

hopeful

Happy transitioning anniversary Tai!
:dance7:
Your braid-out is really pretty too. How much longer do you plan to transition? How long do you think your natural hair is now? Just curious. Can't wait to see your full head of natural hair in all its glory. Keep up the good work!
:rosebud:

Tai

Thanks, ladies. The straight roots are courtesy of a rollerset and mango butter. Iris says that the mango butter is almost like a texturizer and she's right. The roots were looking mighty frizzy before I put a dab of mango butter on them.
My natural hair is about 5 to 6 inches long. I plan to transition for another year until I do the BC.
Tonya, I'm going to get you to that first year. :hug: We're in this together, girlie.