Braidouts & twistouts!! please post your pics!

zzirvingj

I wanna start wearing braidouts and twistouts more. I need some motivation ladies. So many of you are really good at doing braidouts and twistouts and mine usually come out looking "weirdly shaped" and kinda dry.

Please share pics of your braidouts/twistouts!

**If you can, please be sure mention your regimen or at least how many twists/braids you used for your "out" style :yep:

TIA! :drunk:

wannabelong

Here's mine:

PrincessLinzz

Here is mine in a twistout and then an updo

Attachments

• twistout3.jpg
    twistout3.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 134
  • twistout4.jpg
    twistout4.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 120

prospurr4

Here is a twistout that I did six months ago (in June):

I cowashed my hair, detangled, added a bit of coconut oil (or maybe it was castor oil) and made 10 individual twists with straws on the ends.

Barbie83

I know I share twistout pics wayyyy too much :giggle:

6 flat twists done on 90% airdried hair (I usually use cheapie conditioner as leave in, plus a little mousse)

productjunkie814

I have a ton of them, lol. :grin: The Twist Challenge helps loads.

This was my Nappy-versary in April. I had braided my dry hair into about 10 braids that afternoon, co-washed, and took the braids out. My wet twist outs clearly shrink when wet.

This was a few months ago...day one of a twistout done on hair twisted with Baby Buttercreme. My twists were in for about a week here before I took them out.

This was a twist out done on two week twists. I used my shea butter mix for this one. I want to say that the Baby Buttercreme gives my twist outs a bit more length and hang than the shea mix. Both kept my hair soft, moisturized, and shiny.

Just a few updos...

Twists and twistouts have been good to me...I get tons of retention and growth. HHG!

djanae

This is a braid-out, I did about a week ago.
Sooo glad I'm starting to "get" some more natural styles. Was getting tired of rocking puffs. lol

What I did:

1. Did about 15-20 braids, and rolled them with 3/4 inch perm rods

2. Used Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner, and ECVO on ends

3. fluffed and threw on a headband!

**I've tweaked this, sometimes I use Lustrasilk Olive Oil Cholesterol or various conditioners- and I don't bother with the perm rods any more. lol

thaidreams

I'm still trying to perfect my technique, but here's what I'm doing now.

Twistout:

After DC my hair I let 75% of it air dry, then blowout the roots. From there I apply Giovanni Leave in Conditioner and Coconut Oil. I twist my hair into 16 plats overnight and take down in the morning.

DSCN0034.jpg

Kneechay

i think i've posted this before in another thread, but i wear a lot of twistouts because im tired of my hair. im going into another sew in soon but here are what my twistouts look like

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Wow! I like how everyone's looks slightly different. Mine is my siggie.
I used Njoicreation's Herbal Pudding and Qhemet's AOHC and Burdock Root, about 6 big twists.

LaToya28

I only made four cornrows for this one to get the bigger waves. I use Giovanni Direct leave-in and the Frizz be Gone serum.

For this one, I made about 8 cornrows going straight back.

Last edited:

Calia001

this a bout a week into relaxer. just a bunch of cornrows going straight back. i patted it with water after i braided it and left it braided for about 2-3 days

Leeda.the.Paladin

I love twist outs!

Latest twist out , on wet hair, used shea amla butter from afroveda on about 20 twists (?)

Same twist out at a party:

Twist out on dry hair, twists were worn for 2 weeks.

Bun on same twist out:

Braid out, box braids done on dry hair

Chunky twist out, done on wet hair, don't remember how many twists, but they were big

Twist out from a while back, used Miss Jessie's buttercreme on dry hair

MummysGirl

:wow: KCcurly!!!!

:lick: :lovedrool:
I love twist outs!

Latest twist out , on wet hair, used shea amla butter from afroveda on about 20 twists (?)

Same twist out at a party:

Twist out on dry hair, twists were worn for 2 weeks.

Bun on same twist out:

Braid out, box braids done on dry hair

Chunky twist out, done on wet hair, don't remember how many twists, but they were big

Twist out from a while back, used Miss Jessie's buttercreme on dry hair

LadyLeoSmile

I love all of your twist outs ladies. I have a question, how do you all get it to be so full on the first day of taking them out? I have started on re-twisting every 3 days or so and by the third day it's really full and looks great but on the first day I have limp hair sometimes.

Everyone's hair is simply lovely! I have a question also....how do you handle wash/cowash day? I have never tried this due to fear of what happens on wash day.

Can you please share your techniques? I can only picture lots of knots and shedding...thanks in advance!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

My natural hair was previously stretched out and dry before achieving this twistout. I two-strand twisted my hair is 6 sections using a small amount of Aussie Moist Conditioner on each twist and used 6 gray flexirods on each twist. In the morning, I took out the flexirods, unravelled the twists, fluffed and go.

MummysGirl

Shaking out the roots (I hope that makes sense) I get all my fingers through my roots and shake them but I don't run my fingers through the length of my hair.

I love all of your twist outs ladies. I have a question, how do you all get it to be so full on the first day of taking them out? I have started on re-twisting every 3 days or so and by the third day it's really full and looks great but on the first day I have limp hair sometimes.

LadyLeoSmile

Shaking out the roots (I hope that makes sense) I get all my fingers through my roots and shake them but I don't run my fingers through the length of my hair.

Yes, that makes sense, I'm going to have to try that. I love your sig pics too btw. You're my inspiration.