Braidouts & twistouts!! please post your pics!

empressri

This is an old braidout from cornrows:

An old braidout from box braids:

Recent twistout from a photoshoot (from my own camera lol):

A twistout from a twist and curl:

BlackMasterPiece

@ BMP: your twistouts makes heat damage look appealing. What did you use in your hair for the first twist out?
:lachen: thanks?:look:

I used Organic Root Stimulator Lock N' Twist Gel with Unrefined African Shea Butter (the white kind).......it gives me flawless twistouts and really defines the looser curls my ends became from heat usage and makes my natural coils on the top half of my strands blend with it flawlessly....on wash day I barely have to detangle...its awesome:grin:

esi.adokowa

i did my first twistout after i took out my braids yesterday.
i shampooed & conditioned, then sectioned my hair into about thirty twists. i added some CON carrot oil hairdess and put rubber bands in to hold the ends. i let it airdry while i slept.

here are the results!

Attachments

• zy.jpg
    zy.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 137
  • zyess.jpg
    zyess.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 111
  • zyess yess.jpg
    zyess yess.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 131

likewtr4chklit

Washed with baking soda and black soap, condish with Aussie 3 minute miracle, DC with JOICO K-PAK Moisture (left a little of it in), added some shea butter and coco oil then twisted it in about 8-10 twist while soaking wet then let air dry.

Miss AJ

002.jpg

Day 2 of my twist out from Sunday. Last night I grabbed and re-twisted with HE LTR then lightly oiled each section with Hot Six Oil. This morning I spritzed all over with Aveeno Nourish+Condition leave-in then unraveled with oiled hands.

vie

well first i wanted to say thank you to Soliel185 & melodies815 for answering my question... and i wanted to thank all of u women with your beautiful pictures of hair inspiration for me. you took something i thought was so difficult for me and made such a beautiful display i had to try it ... the results were good and im hooked. surprisingly it was easier than i thought. once i find my data cable for my camera i will be able to add my 2 cents worth of pictures....thanks for giving me something beautiful to reach for... for my twist out i used the giovanni direct leave (light coat to assist in detangling) i used aloe vera gel and castor oil ....

Choclatcotton

Mine are in my FOTKI, take a look and my regimen is afro detangler and ic gel mixed with Murray's wax, doo gro moisturizer, doo gro oil, mixed and slathered on two braids on both sides of head and four braids in back.

wenjay

Here's mine. My hair's texlaxed and i twisted it using Murray's beeswax

Attachments

• twistout.jpg
    twistout.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 140

aja1121

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/abc/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.pngfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/abc/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.png

lolascurls

Great twistouts and braidouts, ladies!. I gotta represent -lol!:)
^^^There's a twistout in my avatar!

Last edited:

GreenD

This wasn't an intentional braid out, but I just took my braids out last night and here's what came of it. I'll definitely be trying to replicate this style this summer.

Attachments

• HPIM1925.jpg
    HPIM1925.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 108
  • HPIM1928.jpg
    HPIM1928.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 96
  • HPIM1929.jpg
    HPIM1929.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 80