Braids and a Bruise

Dido111

About a month ago I had cornbraids put into put into my hair. Shame on me I did not go to my original braiders. I will never to that again. One of my braids ended up being too tight and I had to take it out the same week. At the root there were a few bumps. They are now gone but there the spot is dark. It looks like a bruise. Does anyone know what seems to have happened to my scalp? Did cells die or something? The spot is small and near my hair line. I still have my brids so I really can't tell if a hair is missing from that spot.The spot is smooth but as I said it looks like a bruise. Has anyone experience this? Can you tell me what I should do about it. Thank you

adrienne0914

dido, i would say that it's just what it looks like. your scalp is probably bruised from the tightness of the braid. since you already took it down, i wouldn't worry too much because, fortunately, the body is pretty resilient. i would get some vitamin E oil and massage that spot in case there was some breakage.

the main thing is knowing what caused it and preventing that in the future. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne