Braids

LondonDiva

I'm fed up of wearing the blue silk scarf for winter, i didn't want to twist my hair as I have regrowth and it looks silly when done and never lasts long, and I sure didn't want to put the braids back in.

So I decided to braid my hair without the extensions for the winter and see how this will last me till december. They are fine like the extensions braids (EB) but of course I don't have to worry about the base bing clogged with oil. Plus my hair being shoulder length the style will hang well and sit my face without all the extra weight on my head. I'm going to do the exact same thing with these as when I had my hair in EB and hopefully get the same sort of results.

The only downside I can see to this is undoing them. I will have to get a rattail comb that has the metal spike rather than the plastic. I'll see if i can post a picture this week.

erinthemunchkin

LondonDiva, the braids sound like a great idea! What do you use to protect your ends after braiding? I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question, but I've never braided my hair before /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hairfanatic

Hi LondonDiva,

That's a really good idea. I was just thinking about what I was going to do after my two months of braiding. That's the only thing I hate about the braids...my head feels heavy. How are you going to keep the ends secure...I'm curious.

LondonDiva

Erin & Hairfanatic

I used my ORS Carrot oil mixed with olive oil and some wgo on my ends. I'm not using anything to protect my ends other than daily aplying the carrot creme to it, but it's no different than when I was wearing my 2 strand twists out.

Because the braids aren't big they stay in at the end and don't unravel at all. It's quite fne toward the end that's why I know I'll need a rattail comb and patience when I decide to take them out. I plan to wash with then in also and condition which will be so much easier. I finished them today by oiling the ends and spraying with a little Fantasia IC hair polish.