Brands You Are Messing With Anymore......

YvetteWithJoy

On break
  • Morrocco Method (the scissors are great; the one products order I made, they scent sent me the most rancid, most disgusting, spoiled-smelling products I ever experienced in my LIFE; SCARRED me, it was that disgusting; when I contacted them it turned into a long ordeal; I dropped it out of fatigue and vowed to warn everyone I care about; I will never, ever, ever, ever, ever purchase anything from them again)
  • Pantene (crappy ingredients)
  • Cantu with exception of the ACV Root Rinse (their other products just never worked on my hair)
  • Soultanicals (I would continue to buy the Hair Glide in the process of buying the ayurvedic shampoo bar that is the best cleanser I've ever used . . . HOWEVER, they won't sell the ayurvedic shampoo bar anymore, so I instead order HairVeda, purchase other on-the-ground brands, etc.)
  • Most Etsy vendors except for Jakeala specifically for the Shea Amla Parfait (Etsy vendors are great, I've just been working to stop paying shipping fees)

Last edited:

PJaye

There are quite a few vendors on my “Never Again” list:

Hydroquench
Keravada
Soultanicals
Natty Naturals/All Things O’Natural
Marie Dean
Blue Roze Beauty
KJ Naturals
The Butter Bar
Tree Naturals
Naturally Smitten
Bekura
Hairveda
Jakeala
Nekeshea
Jessicurl
J. Monique
Miche Beauty
My Honey Child
Obia
Sarenzo
Sereniti
Shea Terra
Siamese Twist
Texture Me Natural
Joico
Mielle Organics (except the Babassu DC)

...just off the top of me head.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint

Hydroquench
Keravada
Soultanicals
Marie Dean
Blue Roze Beauty
KJ Naturals
The Butter Bar
Tree Naturals
Naturally Smitten
Bekura
Hairveda
Jakeala
Nekeshea
Jessicurl
J. Monique
Miche Beauty
My Honey Child
Obia
Sarenzo
Sereniti
Shea Terra
Siamese Twist
Texture Me Natural
Joico

:eek::eek::eek: :lachen::lachen::lachen:

Evolving78

Why not Jane Carter? Curious.

But to answer your question, I'm done with Soultanicals because of horrible customer service.
I have used a few products and it did nothing. That leave-in spray, that foam lotion, etc.. felt like water. That pomade too wasn’t nothing to write about. I haven’t tried other Soultanicals products, but I do like that Knot sauce.

YvetteWithJoy

On break

Hydroquench
Keravada
Soultanicals
Marie Dean
Blue Roze Beauty
KJ Naturals
The Butter Bar
Tree Naturals
Naturally Smitten
Bekura
Hairveda
Jakeala
Nekeshea
Jessicurl
J. Monique
Miche Beauty
My Honey Child
Obia
Sarenzo
Sereniti
Shea Terra
Siamese Twist
Texture Me Natural
Joico

Wowsers! Lmbo! :lachen:

What's wrong with Bekura, Jessicurl, Joico, Hairveda, Miche Beauty, and Sheaterra Organics?

vevster

Why not Jane Carter? Curious.

But to answer your question, I'm done with Soultanicals because of horrible customer service.
I haven’t had tremendous success with her
I have used a few products and it did nothing. That leave-in spray, that foam lotion, etc.. felt like water. That pomade too wasn’t nothing to write about. I haven’t tried other Soultanicals products, but I do like that Knot sauce.

Ditto, I really wanted JC to work, but The Mane Choice and others rocked the house.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
KJ Naturals (questionable customer service)
Siamese Twists (stuff is always getting discontinued or just not being stocked forever :cry3:)
Soultanicals (because of the upcoming changes; may reconsider based on what remains)
Blue Roze Beauty (ingredient changes, questionable customer service)
J. Monique's (products no good for me)
Texture Me Natural (products are questionable)
NurCreations (terrible customer service)
Sarenzo Beauty (too many changes lately; products don't work for my hair)
Kurlee Belle (HORRIBLE experience with the DC)
Obia Naturals (such a MEH experience with the DC I wasn't inclined to continue with remaining lineup)

May be forgetting some...

ms.blue

Hydroquench-misleading ingredient list and horrible customer service.
Obia Naturals- Shipping issues also the DC was :naughty: for my hair
Berkura: I only like YAM nectar (to mix with other conditioners). Their pre poo (not sure if it was a pre poo treatment) stunk badly. Their hair latte lotion was like putting nothing on my hair. Plus their body lotion (smells nice) but I was still ashy.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
KJ Naturals (questionable customer service)
Siamese Twists (stuff is always getting discontinued or just not being stocked forever :cry3:)
Soultanicals (because of the upcoming changes; may reconsider based on what remains)
Blue Roze Beauty (ingredient changes, questionable customer service)
J. Monique's (products no good for me)
Texture Me Natural (products are questionable)
NurCreations (terrible customer service)
Sarenzo Beauty (too many changes lately; products don't work for my hair)
Kurlee Belle (HORRIBLE experience with the DC)
Obia Naturals (such a MEH experience with the DC I wasn't inclined to continue with remaining lineup)

May be forgetting some...

Ditto to the bolded.

-KJ was disrespectful earlier this year when she lowered her items to 50%off but was charging me $20+ for shipping and processing. When I inquired, she was not nice.
-TMN has terrible customer service.
-Sarenzo will only be by bulk order only. They play too much.

PJaye

Wowsers! Lmbo! :lachen:

What's wrong with Bekura, Jessicurl, Joico, Hairveda, Miche Beauty, and Sheaterra Organics?

It's a personal preference thing: Bekura's prices are ridiculously high; I wish her well, but I can't support that kind of foolishness. Joico, Miche, Shea Terra and Jessicurl's products do not work for me (Shea Terra's were laughable). And, Hairveda is out due to their customer service (I ordered a BOGO item and only received one, she said she would credit my account and never did, so I bounced). It was a last straw kinda thing with them.

Aggie

Wow @ this thread :lol:

Here's my list:

Bekura - even though I do like the Honey Latte Hair Milk and YAM Nectar - the prices are cost prohibitive
Sarenzo - too gamey plus the products didn't wow me
KJ Naturals - shipping costs were ridiculous in my opinion
Jakeala - products were awful on my hair - not slippy enough
4 Bella Naturals - liked products at first but soon realized they were not doing my hair any good
Terrene Fusions - just didn't wow me in the long run
Thermal Hair Care - Hot Head Conditioning Cap - I like The Honey Comb Brand stays hot longer
Bel Nouvo - loved the Hair Milk but that's about it so not enough to keep purchasing there
Qhemet Biologics - not overly impressed with performance on my hair - just the Burdock Butter Creme and Olive and Honey Hair Cream I really liked
Bask & Bloom - not overly impressed with product performance
Siamese Twists - not wowed by products
Hydroquench - customer service REALLY SUCKS!!!
TGIN - Not impressed
Blue Roze Beauty - shady ingredients.
My Honey Child - no reason just cutting back on vendors so this one's out.
Joico - like this but need more on the ground products so sticking with Kerastase, Matrix and Redken
Oyin Handmade - don't need it - have too many other options that are cheaper and work better for my hair
Camille Rose Naturals - SSI works better for my hair
NJoy's Growth Oil - I can make my own that's equally as good or better
UBH - I only liked the protein DC but Dudley's DRC 28 works better and I can find it on the ground
Soultanicals - just not for me plus I only really liked the Knot Glide
Alikay Naturals - they were ok but happy with SSI and because I'm cutting back on vendors
As I Am - something in them was breaking out my forehead - always got a rash from all their products
Bobeam - okay but again cutting back
Shea Moisture - products do not wow me - I can take it or leave it
FDawkins - scrunchie lady on Etsy - very poor customer service that takes forrrrrevvvvverrrrrr

I think there are more but this is all I can recall at the moment.

Last edited:

faithVA

:lol: You ladies have ruled out products I haven't even heard of.

My list could be longer but I don't remember have of the stuff I have tried in the past couple of years.

Jane Carter - Her bottles look so tempting but these are an absolute fail on my hair.
Shea Moisture- Tried to make them work more than once.
Hydroquench - I just wanted to like them. After the first round I doubted I would get consistent products
Mielle Organics - I tried the cowash and stopped at that. Took the cowash back to Sally's. 1st time every returning something
Tresemme - It's cheap but my hair doesn't like it. It just tolerates it.
V05 - My hair hates cheap
Suave - My hair hates cheap