Brands You Are Messing With Anymore......

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
Aussie Moist- makes my hair dry
Alikay Naturals- didn't do anything for me. I used to really like her oil, but I make a better one.
Suave- makes my hair dry
VO5- makes my hair dry
Ouidad- hated it!
DevaCurl- Meh, way too expensive to be meh
Any gel wax pomade- a waste of money
Combs- My hair is so fine that they rip through my hair no matter what I do. Finger detailing is working for me.
Nature's Gate- No longer needed. I'm using the rest of the product to clean my wigs.

I still have a few Black Friday purchases I need to try (Obia, APB), so this list may change.

gorgeoushair

There are quite a few vendors on my “Never Again” list:

Hydroquench
Keravada
Soultanicals
Natty Naturals/All Things O’Natural
Marie Dean
Blue Roze Beauty
KJ Naturals
The Butter Bar
Tree Naturals
Naturally Smitten
Bekura
Hairveda
Jakeala
Nekeshea
Jessicurl
J. Monique
Miche Beauty
My Honey Child
Obia
Sarenzo
Sereniti
Shea Terra
Siamese Twist
Texture Me Natural
Joico
Mielle Organics (except the Babassu DC)

...just off the top of me head.

Well gee...lol

faithVA

Aussie Moist- makes my hair dry
Alikay Naturals- didn't do anything for me. I used to really like her oil, but I make a better one.
Suave- makes my hair dry
VO5- makes my hair dry
Ouidad- hated it!
DevaCurl- Meh, way too expensive to be meh
Any gel wax pomade- a waste of money
Combs- My hair is so fine that they rip through my hair no matter what I do. Finger detailing is working for me.
Nature's Gate- No longer needed. I'm using the rest of the product to clean my wigs.

I still have a few Black Friday purchases I need to try (Obia, APB), so this list may change.

I forgot about Natures Gate - yep, yep. Had to toss that to the side.

I forgot about Burt Bee's. Oh My. That stuff and my nose did not get along. :nono:

I may need to follow you. Our hair may be related.

Theresamonet

I think I'm pretty much done with most natural hair brands. They cost way too much per ounce, and none have worked any miracles for me. My mom persuaded me to buy As I Am's DC, and I felt like a giant sticking my fingers into that miniature jar. And It was just okay. $18 to get two mediocre conditioning sessions. Enough is enough. I'm going to start buying bulk bases and add my own bells and whistles. For now I'm keeping Oyin Hair Dew, KCKT, and KCCC, but they aren't safe either.

NaturallyATLPCH

Well I left quite a few brands already but this year I am leaving behind:

Shea Moisture (I dabbled a little last year but I'm closing that door)
KJ Naturals (her stuff doesn't wow me)
Soultanicals (horrible execution, products are just meh)
Sarenzo (even though I have enough of her things to get me through, I'm not sure if I will continue supporting since APB's body things are just as good)
Mielle (her stuff was just meh also)
Lakshmi (decent things but I do not need them)

I am sure I'll add more to this list.

keranikki

Natural, 3abc/4a, Fine, medium density
I think I'm pretty much done with most natural hair brands. They cost way too much per ounce, and none have worked any miracles for me. My mom persuaded me to buy As I Am's DC, and I felt like a giant sticking my fingers into that miniature jar. And It was just okay. $18 to get two mediocre conditioning sessions. Enough is enough. I'm going to start buying bulk bases and add my own bells and whistles. For now I'm keeping Oyin Hair Dew, KCKT, and KCCC, but they aren't safe either.

I wholeheartedly agree! @ElevatedEnergy has motivated me to use the commercial products I have, then make my own. I'm paying attention to what my hair likes as it concerns the commercial products, so I an make a more natural product that has the same attributes. I want to eliminate 90% of the commercial products I have right now. The only products I can see sticking around... you know what, none of my products are HG status, so they are all holding on by a thread.

Theresamonet

I wholeheartedly agree! @ElevatedEnergy has motivated me to use the commercial products I have, then make my own. I'm paying attention to what my hair likes as it concerns the commercial products, so I an make a more natural product that has the same attributes. I want to eliminate 90% of the commercial products I have right now. The only products I can see sticking around... you know what, none of my products are HG status, so they are all holding on by a thread.

Yep. I'm done. I had this idea years ago during the Afroveda "scandal". Their products were popular and they were just adding a couple things to premade bases. Charging $20 for 8oz, when the base was $20 for 64oz. Ridiculous. The natural companies that are working off their own recipes are still getting over. We are paying good money for different arrangements of shea butter, natural oils, and aloe vera juice. Lol

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing

Yep. I'm done. I had this idea years ago during the Afroveda "scandal". Their products were popular and they were just adding a couple things to premade bases. Charging $20 for 8oz, when the base was $20 for 64oz. Ridiculous. The natural companies that are working off their own recipes are still getting over. We are paying good money for different arrangements of shea butter, natural oils, and aloe vera juice. Lol

It warms my heart to see us becoming more self sufficient!

LiLi

Ouidad
Carol’s Daughter
Naturelle Grow
Joico
Camille Rose
Qhemet
Curls

I am sure there are more but these are brands where I have tried several products and none of them did anything for my hair.

If I try any new products, it will not be natural brands. My hair has had luck with only one natural brand — Silk Dreams. @Supergirl must be putting unicorn tears in her products or something. Hehe.

BrownSkinQT

There are quite a few vendors on my “Never Again” list:

Hydroquench
Keravada
Soultanicals
Natty Naturals/All Things O’Natural
Marie Dean
Blue Roze Beauty
KJ Naturals
The Butter Bar
Tree Naturals
Naturally Smitten
Bekura
Hairveda
Jakeala
Nekeshea
Jessicurl
J. Monique
Miche Beauty
My Honey Child
Obia
Sarenzo
Sereniti
Shea Terra
Siamese Twist
Texture Me Natural
Joico
Mielle Organics (except the Babassu DC)

...just off the top of me head.
What's wrong with Joico?

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
Camille Rose — performance don’t match the cost
Texture Me Naturals- good products, terrible customer service

Of course, this is just based on my hair (in respect to CRN). I’m not one to completely bash a brand just because their products don’t work for me, especially if it has been proven to work for many. I dislike generalized statements about products — hair care or otherwise

Last edited:

hothair

I added DevaCurl and Ouidad to my list...
Whats wrong with them.

Shea Moisture for me. Tried a couple of things from the Jamaican Castor oil line and my hair feels straw like and my hair thrives on proteins. Since I have to finish the products before replacing I'm having to use a water and olive oil mix and it as a sealant instead of a moisturiser.

Trying out a new organic product line afterwards so will see if my go-to changes

vevster

Whats wrong with them.

Shea Moisture for me. Tried a couple of things from the Jamaican Castor oil line and my hair feels straw like and my hair thrives on proteins. Since I have to finish the products before replacing I'm having to use a water and olive oil mix and it as a sealant instead of a moisturiser.

Trying out a new organic product line afterwards so will see if my go-to changes
The results I get don’t justify the premium cost.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Well...*cough* I am keeping everybody.:eek:

There are things I like from the folks I buy from. On a Good Sale I am subject to dibble-dabble in some lines that may not be always on my radar.

So, I am not letting anybody go! I'm keeping everybody close. If you're in my Stash, you are in there for a reason.

I may not buy a lot from certain vendors or all the time, but there is room for everyone in my Stash.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
Well...*cough* I am keeping everybody.:eek:

There are things I like from the folks I buy from. On a Good Sale I am subject to dibble-dabble in some lines that may not be always on my radar.

So, I am not letting anybody go! I'm keeping everybody close. If you're in my Stash, you are in there for a reason.

I may not buy a lot from certain vendors or all the time, but there is room for everyone in my Stash.
It's not my way but I get it :yep:

Rastafarai

Shea Moisture
Mielle
Bobeam
Hairveda
Shescentit
Etae
Carol's Daughter
Curl Junkie
Naturelle Grow
Qhemet

*I have completely revamped my regimen and am solely using oils, a curl cream or gel for styling. That's it. I have waaaaaayyyy less buildup, more bounce and less manipulation.

I have also found the best and greatest products ever in Phyto, Rene Furterer and Olaplex. I still have my staples from Bekura, APB and Natty Naturals but that's about it. I found what works best for me. Phyto and Olaplex have changed my hair life.