Brands You Are Messing With Anymore......

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
Based on what my hair doesn’t care for:

KeraCare Natural
Design Essentials
Carols Daughter
TGIN
As I Am
Miss Jessie’s
Jane Carter
Naturelle Grow (?)
Alikay Naturals (?)
Curls (?)
Eden Body Work
Bee Mine
Deva Curl
Qhemet
Pantene Relaxed & Natural
Silicone Mix
Mane N Tail
Hydratherma Naturals
Oyin
ApHogee (?)
Karen’s Body Beautiful
Mixed Chics

any natural hair brand that uses urine & formaldehyde as preservatives

(?) they have that 1 product that did work.

Last edited:

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Boy this hair journey...

Guess we'll see if Afrotastic Curl Elastic and Hair Glide make it. They just became staples.
According to whoever replies to Instagram DMs, these will still be sold. So I'll still be messing with Soultanicals until they do me wrong.

I'm too fickle to commit to never buying Anything from a brand again except Butters and Bars. Customer service doesn't exist there.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Anyone heard of/tried these?

Found them on ig ofcourse not available in UK

I like the packaging

I'm fascinated by her presentation. I wish I could see the ingredients lists. Her product names, her verve, her designs, her stated aims, having developed and trialed the products on her salon clients for years . . . My interest is piqued. :smile: Maybe you should start a thread for this brand. Thanks for sharing!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Anyone heard of/tried these?

Found them on ig ofcourse not available in UK

I like the packaging

I'm fascinated by her presentation. I wish I could see the ingredients lists. Her product names, her verve, her designs, her stated aims, having developed and trialed the products on her salon clients for years . . . My interest is piqued. :smile: Maybe you should start a thread for this brand. Thanks for sharing!

I found the products page and ingredients list. Most contain shea butter, cones, and protein.

https://thedoux.com/the-doux/#thedouxproducts

I'm good, but I love her presentation. :yep:

RUBY

Shea Moisture
Mielle
Bobeam
Hairveda
Shescentit
Etae
Carol's Daughter
Curl Junkie
Naturelle Grow
Qhemet

*I have completely revamped my regimen and am solely using oils, a curl cream or gel for styling. That's it. I have waaaaaayyyy less buildup, more bounce and less manipulation.

I have also found the best and greatest products ever in Phyto, Rene Furterer and Olaplex. I still have my staples from Bekura, APB and Natty Naturals but that's about it. I found what works best for me. Phyto and Olaplex have changed my hair life.

Do you color you hair? How do you use the Olaplex? I got the stage 3 bottle in my stash for when I eventually lighten my hair.

PJaye

@rileypak
Thanks Sis!:kiss:

If it's not about terribly poor CS, Vendor Games, Major Formulations changes, Excessive Shipping, Discontinuations -- everybody's staying!:hand:

I get it, too. The reasons you listed, along with poor product performance, are why I remove vendors from my list. In fact, poor product performance is the primary cause for removal. If the products don't work, then all of my reasons for being a PJ disintegrates.:lol:

naturalyogini

There are quite a few vendors on my “Never Again” list:

Hydroquench
Keravada
Soultanicals
Natty Naturals/All Things O’Natural
Marie Dean
Blue Roze Beauty
KJ Naturals
The Butter Bar
Tree Naturals
Naturally Smitten
Bekura
Hairveda
Jakeala
Nekeshea
Jessicurl
J. Monique
Miche Beauty
My Honey Child
Obia
Sarenzo
Sereniti
Shea Terra
Siamese Twist
Texture Me Natural
Joico
Mielle Organics (except the Babassu DC)

...just off the top of me head.
What's wrong with Bekura? I'm itching to try the Tonga mousse and that water spray.

naturalyogini

My never again list:
Ouidad
As I Am
Soultanicals
Natural Grow
KJ Naturals
Sheamoisture
Etae
Hairveda
Oyin
Jakeala
Sarenzo
My Honey Child
Qhemet. The only thing I really loved was her spray that was discontinued years ago for some reason.
Phytospecific.

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Entwine!:censored:

This is my 2nd purchase and I had a bad experience with them the 1st time (long ship times) and non-responsive CS.

This time, I've been in the "Label Created" phase of my purchase since 04/24. It still has not shipped. :look:

This is what turned me off the 1st time. That 50% Sale pulled me back in - but this will be the very last time they get any more of my Coins.:angry2:

Aggie

Entwine!:censored:

This is my 2nd purchase and I had a bad experience with them the 1st time (long ship times) and non-responsive CS.

This time, I've been in the "Label Created" phase of my purchase since 04/24. It still has not shipped. :look:

This is what turned me off the 1st time. That 50% Sale pulled me back in - but this will be the very last time they get any more of my Coins.:angry2:
Yes you have to commit to your word @IDareT'sHair, even if they offer a 75% off sale.You should stand your ground no matter what :nono2:

Aggie

Added to the brands I'm no longer using is Hairveda. It was just okay for me. I have already started giving away some of the products that I bought in this line. I can certainly do without them.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Jakeala is on "Time Out" based on poor CS (for my Purchase) and "consistency" issues that happened this Winter.:nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Aggie
I also reluctantly added Bekura to my list due to the price. :censored:

She basically "outpriced" herself with me.

The only one I'll pay those kinda prices for is Qhe.met Biologics.:look:

I'd really like another YAM and another Whiskey Vanilla Hair Soak.:angry2:

PlanetCybertron

•Garnier (too heavy of cones, nothing can penetrate)
•OKAY brand (anything other than their Shea Butter)
•Herbal Essences (anything other than LTR)
•L’Oreal (even their conditioner is stripping)
•Eden Body Works (gives me protein overload)
•ORS curls unleashed line (formula is too sticky and heavy)
•Motions (everything dries my hair out)
•Pink (mineral oil. That’s all I have to say)
•Sulfur 8 (set my scalp on fire)
•Proclaim (doesn’t do squat for my hair, and irritates my scalp)
•Pantene for Relaxed Hair
•Shea Moisture JBCO line (I guess my hair doesn’t like it anymore, but it turns my hair straight into a straw like mess. All of it. Shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner and leave ins)
•Mielle Organics white peony leave in spray (makes my ends crunchy)
•Ouidad (shampoo and conditioner raised my hair cuticles for well over two to three weeks)
•Paul Mitchell (helped when I used to swim in high school, but I no longer need that much of an uplifting shampoo, and paired with the conditioner and a deep condition, that shampoo is still too drying)
• Cantu (their leave in, in particular, feels like caramalized Sugar has been coated all throughout my hair, and I get flakes)
•Queen Helene deep conditioner (doesn’t do anything for my hair except sit on top of it)
• Design Essentials (a handful of their product lines leave my hair dry even after deep conditioning
•Carol’s Daughter (everything is too oily)
•OGX none of their conditioners or masks mitigate how drying their shampoos are. Even when diluted
• Mane Choice (I guess it’s just my fine textured hair, but everything is either strips my hair to the bone, or smothers it from being too heavy. This line hasn’t worked for me when I was natural, and it still isn’t working for me being relaxed now)
•Hairfinity shampoo and conditioner (just no. They remind me of L’Oreal, which i also don’t like. And their conditioners are too light).
•TGIN (love their website, and I read their hair tips they email me, but their deep conditioners are too heavy for me. The only thing that works is their pink Leave in. But I have to dilute it)
•Wave Noveau (crap)
•V05 (nothing penetrates, at least Suave gets the job done if I’m running low on cash and need a bit of moisture in my hair)
•Briogeo (I just ordered one of their deep conditioners and leave ins, but they are way too overpriced, and now that I’ve sat and thought about it I will not be repurchasing)
•As I Am (just don’t like it)
•Palmer’s (hair doesn’t like it)
•Alikay (hair also doesn’t like it)
• Mizani (too heavy)
•Dark and Lovely (too drying)
•Cream of Nature (EVERYTHING is either too drying or too heavy