Brazil Keratin Hair Treatment

hope5506

What is it? It is a revolutionary process that softens, shines, straightens and makes the hair healthy. It penetrates the hair repairing internal damage and coats the hair preventing further damage. The results are smooth, silky and straight hair.It is not a chemical that restructures the hair.It is a replenshing treatment that reconditions and protects the hair from water and heat damage while enhancing it's natural shine.

The Brazilian hair treatment is excellent on all types of chemically treated hair (bleached, hi-lights, colored, permed, relaxed or previously straightened. It is excellent for getting rid of curly, frizzy, damaged, unhealthy, dull, mistreated hair.

The Brazilian treatment is made up of "Keratin" a liquid form of hair. There are no harsh chemicals. The Brazilian treatment can be used on children (6 years and older), teens and adults (men and women).

Anyone tried this ?

crazydaze911

A bunch of us have. here we call it "BKT". do a search for threads that mention "BKT". i happen to like it alot but the chemicals (although only put on top of the hair, and not changing the structure) are still very strong and my eyes were burning. It costs around $300 in bronx, ny......

SoCalli

Yep, I have. I've been using the BKT referenced above, but I'm going to switch to using the one that is formaldehyde free and seeing if the results are the same. The chemicals are strong even though it is not permanent. It makes my natural hair manageable and easy to detangle.

robot.

isn't that the treatment where they use formaldehyde? i thought two women had died from this treatment in over 4 years? i couldn't bring myself to risk it, even if the formaldehyde was kept within the legal range.

SoCalli

isn't that the treatment where they use formaldehyde? i thought two women had died from this treatment in over 4 years? i couldn't bring myself to risk it, even if the formaldehyde was kept within the legal range.

They now make it without formaldehyde...one type straightens and the other type coats the hair to protect from styling/heat damage. They also still sell the type with formaldehyde.

peacensoul

I just got a treatment today called Keratina it seems to be good. It cost me 125 and I most say it was worked. It looks like a got a relaxer after my first wash. My hair is really coarse so I am surprised that it worked this way. Try it ladies for more info let me know. And there wasnt any harsh smells at all. I also got it in the bronx, ny by the way.

crazydaze911

I just got a treatment today called Keratina it seems to be good. It cost me 125 and I most say it was worked. It looks like a got a relaxer after my first wash. My hair is really coarse so I am surprised that it worked this way. Try it ladies for more info let me know. And there wasnt any harsh smells at all. I also got it in the bronx, ny by the way.

yes, need more info. Where did you get it in the bronx? whats the difference btwn keratina and the BKT? ingredient list?......... that seems pretty cheap. how long is it supposed to last? gimme all the info u got - lol

GOD

the ones claiming that theyre formaldehyde free or that the active ingredient is keratin are lying about the keratin part. the active ingredient is still aldehyde, a weaker form of formaldehyde, which is why ladies still complain about the smell. these treatments also dont straighten as permanently as formaldehyde, but since formaldehyde is startin to gain attention as a deadly chemical, companies are smartenin up and usin the weaker form of it and or just sayin somthing else is the active ingredient lik keratin or whatever