~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

LaidBak

Right now I have my JBCO mixed with a smidgen of AfroVeda Growth Elixir. Since we don't start until Feb I am gonna figure out some way to mix in MN before I start applying it.
ETA: I melted some MN into my oil mixture. So I'm ready!

Last edited:

BlackGeisha

Right now I have my JBCO mixed with a smidgen of AfroVeda Growth Elixir. Since we don't start until Feb I am gonna figure out some way to mix in MN before I start applying it.
ETA: I melted some MN into my oil mixture. So I'm ready!

That's great!

TemiLnd

Im in/ I live in the UK but I'd still like to join.
Starting pic to come... Added: 15th Jan 2010

P1090959.jpg

Last edited:

zenith

Count me in. I just bought some castor oil.

My avatar is my starting pic. it's about 2 weeks old!

I can't figure out this pic thing!!!! But I want to be in, I'm already using castor oil and just got a sample of JBCO!

ETA: Added pic

left side temple that needs some prayer:

whole head that needs some healing:

Last edited:

HealthyHair2007

Great, thanks for the invite BG...
I will be using my JBCO mixed with a bit of Vatika two to three times a week.

Now does it hurt that I also do Mega-Tek/Boundless tresses twice a week?

orangepeel

I had a question last night when I was finishing up my braids last night. If a challenger is wearing braids most of this challenge and redoing them throughout the year, how will you be able to determine if they are eligible to win? Hope that made sense.

BlackGeisha

orangepeel, you can participate wearing braids, but to be eligible for the prize if your number comes up you must have a picture where we can see your hair growth from the beginning to the end of the 3 months. Hope that helps :yep:

:orders:The Castor Oil Challenge 2010 is here.:orders:

The challenge will begin on Monday Feb. 8, 2010 and end on Saturday May 8, 2010.

On May 13, 2010 there will be prize drawing to win your very own bottle of the famous Jamaican Black Castor Oil ! :love3:

1 - 4 oz. bottle will be given away to 3 lucky challengers.

You have 1 month to go out and purchase your castor oil if you have none. You have the option of using whatever brand of castor oil you can get your hands on.

Order online :user: or visit your local pharmacy or health store’s laxative section and pick up a bottle. :auto:

*I recommend using 100% castor oil unrefined or cold pressed, none of that Hollywood Beauty stuff. :naughty:

Rules :bat:
- You must enter between Jan. 8 2010 and Feb. 8 2010 to be listed as a challenger and be entered into the drawing.

-Once you enter you have 5 days to submit a starting photo Feb 8. 2010-Feb 12. 2010.

- You may use any type of castor oil you choose.

-You must apply the castor oil to your scalp 2 x’s a week at the minimum. Part your hair and apply the castor oil as if you were greasing your scalp.

-You may apply the castor oil to the length of your hair if you wish to seal.

- You may mix your castor oil with another oil if it is too thick for you, or if irritation occurs.

- At the end of the challenge you have 5 days to submit a progress photo May 8. 2010 - May 12. 2010.

-At the end of the challenge post your starting photo and your ending photo together.

All challengers will be given a number upon entry. Prize drawing will take place on May 13, 2010 using random.org. You must have a beginning and an ending photo to be eligible for the prize.

No Photo No Prize! If your number comes up and you have not submitted an ending photo by May. 12 @ midnight you will not be eligible for the prize. Sorry. :jail:

Important Dates
Enter the challenge between - Jan. 8, 2010 - Feb 8, 2010
Submit a Photo between - Feb. 8, 2010 - Feb. 12, 2010
Submit an ending photo between - May 8, 2010 - May 12, 2010
Prize Drawing - May 13, 2010

Benefits of Castor oil :bookworm2:
http://www.hairfinder.com/hairquestions/castor_oil.htm
http://www.long-healthy-hair-advisor.com/castor-oil-for-hair.html

:peace: Good Luck!
Happy Hair Growing!

*By the way, I have no affiliation with the makers of JBCO. I'm conducting this challenge for fun. I will be purchasing the 3 bottles of JBCO with my own money. Thanks!

Happy New Year All!

I have never joined a challenge before but this one, I AM ALLLLLL IN!!! :yep:

How do I know that you have me down for the challenge?

Madame LT

Ronnieaj

I'd like to join too :grin:! I currently have some JBCO mixed into my MT mix, which I'm applying 3x/week. I also add it to my weekly deep conditioner. Also, and this has really been awesome, I've used regular CO for oil-rinsing around once a month :lick:. That's made such a huge difference in this winter weather :yep:. I'll definitely get a pic posted in time!

zenith

I took some edges pics that i want to upload but are too big. I need some tips on how to make them small. thank you.

BlackGeisha

I took some edges pics that i want to upload but are too big. I need some tips on how to make them small. thank you.

Try to resize it using the photo editing software on your computer. Like windows photo gallery. Before you copy and paste it in a post

zenith

Doing cornrows ate up my edges, so i will not be going to any hair braider any time soon.

Last edited:

*SkolarStar*

Yey another challenge! :drunk: Add me please! I just bought a bottle of castor oil because I wanna experience the castor oil hype. I'll be using it 2-3x/week (more often on my nape). Starting pic is in my siggy.

hair4romheaven

I want to join. I will be using in in my scalp. pic coming soon. :)

ETA Pic.

Attachments

• 12-09-.jpg
    12-09-.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

*Muffin*

Count me in! I'll be using Okay Palma de Christi dark, unrefined Castor Oil mixed with a small amount of coconut and avocado oil 2x's per week (after washing and mid-week). Will submit my starting photo sometime in February.

Last edited:

momoftrips

I want in! I will be using JBCO 3x week massaging scalp for 5 mins.

ETA: Starting pic

Attachments

• 000_0038.jpg
    000_0038.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

charmtreese

I ordered some JBCO, so I will be incorporating that into my regimen as well. My plan is to use the JBCO on my scalp and the NOW castor oil on my ends.

*Muffin*

This was an awesome idea, btw. I can't wait for this challenge to get poppin'! I've been drooling over the progress and growth that the ladies on youtube have been getting on their castor oil challenges, so I started using castor oil on my scalp about 3 weeks ago, and I feel like my hair is growing and getting thicker already! Maybe it's the placebo effect :ohwell:. When I check my progress (and post my starting pic) in February, it will have been almost 2 months since I began using it. We'll see....

BlackGeisha

I ordered some JBCO, so I will be incorporating that into my regimen as well. My plan is to use the JBCO on my scalp and the NOW castor oil on my ends.

I use two different brands also the JBCO and the heritage brand mainly because I don't like the burnt smell of the JBCO. :drunk:

BlackGeisha

This was an awesome idea, btw. I can't wait for this challenge to get poppin'! I've been drooling over the progress and growth that the ladies on youtube have been getting on their castor oil challenges, so I started using castor oil on my scalp about 3 weeks ago, and I feel like my hair is growing and getting thicker already! Maybe it's the placebo effect :ohwell:. When I check my progress (and post my starting pic) in February, it will have been almost 2 months since I began using it. We'll see....

I'm really exited also, I started using the JBCO in November and I've noticed considerable growth. I don't think it's a placebo :lachen: I believe the castor oil really accelerates growth. I noticed the same thing in about 3 weeks also, small waves of newgrowth at my roots. :yep:

*Muffin*

I'm really exited also, I started using the JBCO in November and I've noticed considerable growth. I don't think it's a placebo :lachen: I believe the castor oil really accelerates growth. I noticed the same thing in about 3 weeks also, small waves of newgrowth at my roots. :yep:

Me too! I definitely believe castor oil has accelerated my growth. I've noticed that since I began using it a couple of weeks ago, my scalp has been tingling. Not like a minty tingle, almost like an itchy, rustling kind of tingle. I believe that is the feeling of my growth being accelerated :drunk: I wash my hair weekly, so I don't think there's anything crawling up in there, lol. It's currently been a little over a month since my relaxer, and my newgrowth feels like it does at two months. I'm going to relax next month (I usually go for longer, but I have underprocessed sections) and I can't wait to see how much length I've gained. That will be the true determining factor for me.

BlackGeisha

Me too! I definitely believe castor oil has accelerated my growth. I've noticed that since I began using it a couple of weeks ago, my scalp has been tingling. Not like a minty tingle, almost like an itchy, rustling kind of tingle. I believe that is the feeling of my growth being accelerated :drunk: I wash my hair weekly, so I don't think there's anything crawling up in there, lol. It's currently been a little over a month since my relaxer, and my newgrowth feels like it does at two months. I'm going to relax next month (I usually go for longer, but I have underprocessed sections) and I can't wait to see how much length I've gained. That will be the true determining factor for me.

LOL! same here my hair was tingling earlier and I know it's clean cuz I wash 2x's a week.:yep:

One thing you'll all notice with using castor oil is that it's hard to stretch your relaxers. I was trying to make it to 12 weeks but by week 10 my newgrowth was sitting on top of my head.:lachen: