~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

nakialovesshoes

I'm in! I ordered my JBCO from Crown Essentials today & I've already received a confirmation e-mail. I've never used JBCO before so I'm looking forward to all of the good results.

I've been in cornrows under a wig since the beginning of November & will be in cornrows until the end of September. I took this picture before I got my hair rebraided last week. I'm currently BSB. If all goes well, I hope to be BSL by the end of this challenge.

I'm not sure exactly how I'll use it. Of course I'll meet the requirements of placing it on my scalp weekly but I'll have to experiment to see what works. I'll probably mix it with coconut oil to thin it out some. I definitely know I'll add it to my weekly DC. I'm thinking I'll add a few drops to my daily moisture spray as well.

Length Check Jan 09.jpg

*Muffin*

LOL! same here my hair was tingling earlier and I know it's clean cuz I wash 2x's a week.:yep:

One thing you'll all notice with using castor oil is that it's hard to stretch your relaxers. I was trying to make it to 12 weeks but by week 10 my newgrowth was sitting on top of my head.:lachen:

That is one problem I'm most definitely willing to accept :yep:. I usually can stretch up to four months (around 16 weeks, more or less) with no problem (things start getting troublesome after month four). But now that I've found castor oil I'll probably have to stick to 3 months for sure :grin:.

Teevino

I'm new to the boards, but I'd like to join!

I've been using a mixture of castor, jojoba and rosemary oils in one area of my scalp where I had some thinning due to a cyst. I'll expand use to entire scalp a few times a week.

Thanks for starting this (simple and straightforward) challenge!

Tashdog83

I'm in. My first post and my first challenge! I just received my Jamaican Black Castor oil. I will be using every 3-4 times a week. I'll post my starting picture the first week in February.

mqueens

Hi can i join iam buying my JBCO tomorrow at BSS i hope this helps my hair i will use it 2-3 a week and i will post a pic asap

Ozma

I moisturized and did a twist-n-curl. Then I oiled my scalp down the parts in-between twists w/ JBCO.

cutenss

I want in too. I already use JBCO mixed wit other oils 2-3x a week. I am going to up that, maybe. I will post a pic as soon as I do a fresh BKT :yep:

ETA starting pic:

I was going to trim, but I will wait til this challenge is over. I want to make to the 11" mark on my shirt. I got the shirt from Don'tSpeakDefeat (DSD) in the hair exchange forum. :yep:

I will apply twice a week when I wash on Mondays and Thursdays. I have been using cutenss' castor oil mixture for about 2 months or so.

On 5-10-10 ETA: Final results. YES, I know my ends are chewed up/thin, and I have already trimmed them. I took off about 1/2 to 3/4 on an inch. I was going to trim more, but I decided to wait til phase 2 of this challenge is over. Castor Oil is a KEEPER :woot:

Last edited:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Ok, I am planning to get some JBCO later today. There's a carribbean market a few blocks down. Kept forgetting to take the drive down. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

*Muffin*

We can submit our starting pics now :perplexed? I thought we weren't supposed to submit until February 8th through February 12th.

simplyconfident

i'm don't belive i've signed up yet, but i want in!!!

I will be using JBCO w/ a few drops of Shescentit scalp oil 3 times per week

*Muffin*

Oops! I'm forgetful so I just posted it now.:blush: I'll post again during the correct time frame.

That's ok. You weren't the only one. That's why I was beginning to wonder if we could or not, but I re-read the original message, and it says feb. 8th-12th. I guess the ones that posted their starting pics now are going to have the one up on us, because they'll have an extra month of growth to compare with. But I think we have to follow the rules to be eligible to win the prizes.

Mz_Zartavia

I think we have to follow the rules to be eligible to win the prizes.

You're right. I guess I'll take mine down. I'm just going to take mine down and set a reminder to add it on the 8th. Cause LORD knows since having my daughter my mind isn't what it use to be:lachen:

NJoy

Here I grow again!
We can submit our starting pics now :perplexed? I thought we weren't supposed to submit until February 8th through February 12th.

:shocked: D'oh!! I did. I just know I won't remember Feb 8th. I'll take mine down and I guess I'll have to resubmit later....if I remember. :rolleyes:

BlackGeisha

Hi can i join iam buying my JBCO tomorrow at BSS i hope this helps my hair i will use it 2-3 a week and i will post a pic asap

Yes your in! :drunk:

Dang, how am I always late for these challenges?

Your not late your right on time!

Your right pic submission doesn't begin until Feb 8-Feb 12

That's ok. You weren't the only one. That's why I was beginning to wonder if we could or not, but I re-read the original message, and it says feb. 8th-12th. I guess the ones that posted their starting pics now are going to have the one up on us, because they'll have an extra month of growth to compare with. But I think we have to follow the rules to be eligible to win the prizes.

Yes, if you submitted a pic now you need to update on Feb 8-Feb 12

You're right. I guess I'll take mine down. I'm just going to take mine down and set a reminder to add it on the 8th. Cause LORD knows since having my daughter my mind isn't what it use to be:lachen:

I'm going to be personally sending each challenger a reminder PM so you don't miss the starting dates and important dates that follow. :yep:

I want in.

Your in!

:shocked: D'oh!! I did. I just know I won't remember Feb 8th. I'll take mine down and I guess I'll have to resubmit later....if I remember. :rolleyes:

I'll remind you! :grin:

Any questions, feel free to ask! :yep:

deusa80

I'd like to join! I'll be using jbco and regular castor oil. I'll only be using it twice a week, it really makes my scalp itch, but I like to think that's cause it's making my hair grow:grin:

Ok, here are my starting pics: (6 weeks post)

Here are the pics at the end of the challenge. I'm about 6 weeks post relaxer in these pics too:

I think my edges filled in a little, we need a 2nd challenge so I can work on my length and thickness :)
I need to figure out how to take better before and after pics, I tried taking them in the same place but it didn't quite work out...

Last edited:

Aspire

Traveling for work and left my hair bag home. Going crazy cause now I am oiling and sealing with Neutrogena lotion.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
Whew! I'm glad you'll send out reminders. I WILL need one. lol. Also, the carrib store didn't have JBCO. Drove to a couple more places and couldn't find any. I guess I'll order online. Good thing we have time.

Anyhoo. Wishing you all a fabulous day today!

BlackGeisha

I'd like to join! I'll be using jbco and regular castor oil. I'll only be using it twice a week, it really makes my scalp itch, but I like to think that's cause it's making my hair grow:grin:

LOL! I mix two different brands also. :spinning:

I would like to join. This is my first challenge and I'm excited!

Welcome! thanks for joining!

Traveling for work and left my hair bag home. Going crazy cause now I am oiling and sealing with Neutrogena lotion.

Hate it when that happens :sad:

Whew! I'm glad you'll send out reminders. I WILL need one. lol. Also, the carrib store didn't have JBCO. Drove to a couple more places and couldn't find any. I guess I'll order online. Good thing we have time. Anyhoo. Wishing you all a fabulous day today!

Yes I wanted everyone to have time to prepare for the challenge. If you order from sams247 the 2007 discount code still works.

*Muffin*

Makes my scalp itch a lot too...as a matter of fact, it's really itching right now (I oiled my scalp with it today). I'm not sure if the growth is resulting from me constantly scritching my scalp due to the itching or the castor oil :grin:. I'd like to think it's the castor oil because I massage my scalp a lot out of habit, and I didn't notice this much growth before. Scalp massages relieve stress :yep:.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
If you order from sams247 the 2007 discount code still works.

Didn't see this comment in time. Ah well. I ordered 2 bottles from Sams. Thanks anyway, BlackGeisha.