~*~*Break Out Your Castor Oil - 2010 Edition~*~*

cch24

I would like to join this challenge as well. I just received my Black Castor Oil Pomade from Sams and I will be using it on my scalp every night.

BlackGeisha

I will join the challenge starting out with MRH organic castor oil and will use the black @ a later date.

You've been added to the list. What's MRH Organic Castor oil, can you post a pic of that brand? Not that you can't use it or anything I'm just curious, ok I'm nosey. LOL! :lachen:

BlackGeisha

I'd like to join the challenge. I'll be using Home Health Cold Pressed Castor Oil until I re-order JBCO.

You're in, thanks for joining. I ordered some castor oil on Sunday, (I'm stocked up for the year) I ordered the heritage brand and the company sent me the Home Health Brand by accident so I'll be using that brand when my heritage brand runs out. :spinning:

BlackGeisha

FYI - I ordered some castor oil from this company called all vitamins plus. I ordered another 32 oz Heritage Brand castor oil. I ordered it on Sunday and it arrived today (Tuesday). I know super fast right, the only problem is that they sent me the Home Health Brand instead of the heritage brand. I can still use it though and it was only $8.58 pretty cheap. So if anybody wants to order from them I left the info down below. I'm going to call customer service and tell them they sent the wrong brand and see if they'll send me another bottle free! :grin: hehehe

http://www.allvitaminsplus.com/ksea...off&.autodone=http://www.allvitaminsplus.com/

Ms. Feliz

I ordered mine last week and those suckers said I would have guaranteed same day shipping. Well they just shipped it off today. :wallbash:

BlackGeisha

I ordered mine last week and those suckers said I would have guaranteed same day shipping. Well they just shipped it off today. :wallbash:

LOL! @ suckers, they probably have so many orders that they're behind, mainly from LHCF members :lachen: There's probably a ridiculous high demand for castor oil right now lol! Castor oil stocks are through the roof! :lachen:

iNicola

I didn't know JBCO was so hard to find locally, especially in South Florida. I might have to order it online :(

Last edited:

Ms. Feliz

LOL! @ suckers, they probably have so many orders that they're behind, mainly from LHCF members :lachen: There's probably a ridiculous high demand for castor oil right now lol! Castor oil stocks are through the roof! :lachen:

Lol they better get it together!

I didn't know JBCO was so hard to find locally, especially in South Florida. I might have to order it online :(

Wow that's surprising. Are you in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area?

4mia

i would love to join this. i havent joined a challenge in a long time.
i have gold castor oil that i ordered some time ago from hairveda
ill apply 2x a week.
ill upload a starting pic in feb

Garner

I would love to join. I will alternate between JBCO and Palma Christi unrefined cold pressed castor oil. Picture will be loaded before Feb. 2010.

grow

hi, thanks for starting this!

i'd love to join!

i used to wear weaves and have alot of problems with my hairline (as if i didn't already have alot of problems there as it is, lol, even before i started wearing weaves, but at least when i had them, it wasn't as visible as it is now).

as iv'e understood from this board, castor oil is a MUST for our hairlines, so please count me in!

BlackGeisha

hi, thanks for starting this!

i'd love to join!

i used to wear weaves and have alot of problems with my hairline (as if i didn't already have alot of problems there as it is, lol, even before i started wearing weaves, but at least when i had them, it wasn't as visible as it is now).

as iv'e understood from this board, castor oil is a MUST for our hairlines, so please count me in!

Hi, I just posted in your thread about Ex-weave wearers support. I also used to wear weaves for years. welcome! :yep:

Ozma

My hair has been in twists since Sunday. Today, I untwisted, applied Shea Amla Butter Cream, oiled scalp with JBCO, retwisted and sealed ends with JBCO.

Aspire

I am trying new moisturizers because the cold weather is doing a job on my hair. Last night I purchased BB Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion with Caster Oil and Aloe. After moisturizing last night and sealing with my CO/Amla mix, I really thought this new product would wreck havoc on my hair. But when I woke this morning, my hair felt better moisturized than it had in a while. It may be somewhat heavy for some, but since I wear my hair back it works perfectly for me (at least on day 1). I will continue to try for up to 30 days before I officially add to regimen.

Geminigirl

Any naturals in here? I want to be in this challenge but I am scared to take my yarn braids out during this cold winter. My inner love for hair is telling me to take them out because I miss my hair but I was trying to keep them in for atleast 2 months, not to mention, what would I do with my hair for the winter?

I am going to spray my scalp with my braid spray and then massage/seal with JBCO. My scalp has been feeling really dry and itchy lately. No Bueno.

zelia5

Pls count me in. I love castor oil for my 4b natural ends. Interested in knowing what it will do for my scalp and ends!

I would like to join too. I just got my JBCO w/ Lavender this week and I got my narrow-spout applicator bottle from Sally's today.

I will post a photo in the first week of February.

Thanks.

This photo is my damp hair after a deep conditioner and air dried without anything in it (and it's my starting photo).

Attachments

• 311.jpg
    311.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: