Breakage

candiecoco

Hello I'm new to the community. I see alot about hair growth. I don't have a problem with hair growth it just want stop breaking and shedding.
Does any one have tips or products they use to prevent breakage and shedding?

darlingdiva

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

There's also lots of information on the board about shedding and breakage, but it's best to determine what is causing the shedding and breakage so that you'll know how to properly treat it.

What's your regimen? What products do you use?

msMicaela

I am a newbie as well....although i havent been on long some tips that worked for my 4a/b hair when it was breaking is....

>As little manipulation as possible(comb/brush only when u have to)
>Flat iron, press, curl as little as possible, if at all (i know that may be hard, but just for a little while during the breaking period)
>Invest in some essential oils along with olive oil or other base blend
>Message, message, message your scalp daily with the oils

>Deep condition at least once a week
>Only use shampoo when you deep condition

Ok chica... these are just a few suggestions to get you started..as long as you havent severly kilt your hair, the breakage will stop, you just have to baby your hair for a bit!!

HTH

candiecoco

I wash my hair once a week with Aphorgee moisturizing shampoo, Aphorgee 2 min reconstuctor, and ION Reconstuctor.

I usally mix my two conditioners together and walk around with a plastic cap for about 30min. I think I may use to much protein.

msMicaela

I wash my hair once a week with Aphorgee moisturizing shampoo, Aphorgee 2 min reconstuctor, and ION Reconstuctor.

I usally mix my two conditioners together and walk around with a plastic cap for about 30min. I think I may use to much protein.

Wow chica... i dont have to tell you about DCing! Yeah....Aphogee is great but like everything else... too much of it can be detrimental.

I think you should lay off the Aphogee for a while, it is for severe damage and to be used on an occasional basis. A good line of everyday, every other day wash product would be Nexxus or Aveda, or KeraCare. These products work on the breakage but are still mild enough to be used daily. They will keep your hair moisturized while strengthening it.

And do try doing the Reconstructor every other week to once a month...
Just not once a week!

newflowers

While you're using less protein, make sure to corect the balance by adding moisture - it's what's lacking from your regime. You must have a balance between the two to prevent brittleness, breakage, or, conversely, to prevent too much softness.

Deep condition with moisture. Check out the stickies for more advice - there is more information than you can imagine.